tyranzero

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello... as you see, I'm a newbie.
well... I have few question I want to ask. (as I don't know where to post this).

1. how to update game with release all of them?
let said I release a full complete game, a paid game. but there's a problem (example one the map have error). after I fix it, how to only share the error file? If I release in paid again = they angry & ???. free = you know.

2. I have read about updating the game https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/updating-existing-game-in-rmmv.91486/ can add new data and database, but can't change them. what about skip/empty database? items I set 1 - 20 filled, 21-90 empty/none, as 91-100 (key) item. that empty zone, what will happen? (not only in item. skill, weapon, armor, type include.)
-
and the map part... the map is same question like no.1. like an (existed) event change (either dialog or face, etc) or change map item.

3. said a demo map till map 20. on the next update release till 40 map. since they only have till map 20 as no transfer to map 21, how to only update certain data without download from 0?

that all... for now.
I may have another question again either below or new thread.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're updating a map, just send out the new .json file in an update package and ask people to make sure they're saved on a different map before replacing it.

Nothing will happen with the empty entries in the database. They're essentially filled entries that just don't have any specific data yet.

If you release a new demo with 20 extra maps, again release an update package with the new .json files and include any maps that have new transfer events that take the player to the new ones.

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unless there is a new asset file (image / audio), rewrite data and js folder. Otherwise, you can put those new files in their respective folder.
1593529702704.png
js folder might not be necessary, but I will just do it. They are lightweight anyway.

tyranzero

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
alright, thank you for answering.
I haven't made a release yet. get many information for preparation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I present... MAGIC (in progress)

No vaccine till at least spring 2021. Have not seen our parents since Dec 2019. But at least we can phone each other. How is everyone else's situation?
:( ... sigh, having trouble knowing where to draw highlights. Novice pixel artist issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KUTSHKY