Map Effects

Alopexdog

artist
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there any way of using this with Yami's overlay script? at the moment it doesn't effect the layers above the character.

Zeus81

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Are you sure it's Yami's script?

For what I've tested it seems to work.

Could you send me the script (Yami's blog links are down) or better a quick demo of both scripts not working together?

Alopexdog

artist
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi zeus, that was me on youtube! It was Yami's overlay script which I found here: https://github.com/suppayami/rmvxa-collection/tree/master/old-ace-scripts

I fixed it by changing the name of the viewports in Yami's Script. On the previous page in this thread you added a few lines of code that let other viewports be effected. I changed the viewports in yami's script to the ones you had listed as it didn't like things with underscores eg. @par_viewport but had no issues with just numbers at the end such as @viewport2

I have absolutely no experience with ruby code and basically messed about till it worked! I'm sure though that it means I've now messed up some of the features of yami's script.

Zeus81

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Ok, not sure about why Yami used several viewports but no need to edit his/her script, I've something in my script especially for that.

After Map Effects you should add this :

Code:
class Spriteset_Map  def update    zeus_map_effects_update    @map_effects ||= Spriteset_Map_Effects.new(@viewport1, @par_viewport, @shadow_viewport, @light_viewport)    @map_effects.update(@tilemap.oy)  endend

RocketKnight

Broke with expansive taste
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm used to doing through the script "Victor Engine - Fixed Parallax" and to give idea o

f ​​using scripts to fix depth map images (script written by Raizen), however when I use the "Map Effects"

images not secure as they should, follow the example below:

You could create a fix?

PS: I love the effects BD

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeus81

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Link or at least name of Raizen's script?

Zeus81

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Ok I see, well it's possible to fix it but it won't be for "fixed" pictures only, all pictures will be subject to effects.

class Spriteset_Map  def update    zeus_map_effects_update    @map_effects ||= Spriteset_Map_Effects.new(@viewport1, @viewport2)    @map_effects.update(@tilemap.oy)  endendI don't know how you'll use it but I think it's better to use another script that allow to add topmost parallaxes instead of using pictures.

WCouillard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This script is really something else. Have you ever considered making a similar script for battles? Where the map effects that are in place would carry over to the screen in-battle? Map effects look really great, then you encounter enemies and those effects are gone until you get back to the map.

Zeus81

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Yes I'll do it (later).

WCouillard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Not sure about your compatibility patch policies, but there's a slight hiccup when using your Map Effects script with VE - Fog And Overlay. It actually doesn't crash at all, it just won't let the fogs stay in place with the note tags used in VE Fog and Overlay. Tested in a new file with your script enabled and then disabled, and without yours, it works fine. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the scroll_up, scroll_down, etc. methods. Any chance of a patch to make them play nice together?

http://q.gs/7NECw - Link to all VE scripts

Zeus81

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Ok.

class Game_Map  def set_display_x(x)    x = loop_horizontal? ? x % (width * DisplayRatio) : limit_x(x)    @parallax_x += x - @display_x if @parallax_loop_x or !loop_horizontal?    @fog_x      += loop_horizontal? ? @display_x - x : x - @display_x    @display_x   = x  end  def set_display_y(y)    y = loop_vertical? ? y % (height * DisplayRatio) : limit_y(y)    @parallax_y += y - @display_y if @parallax_loop_y or !loop_vertical?    @fog_y      += loop_vertical? ? @display_y - y : y - @display_y    @display_y   = y  endend 
With script order like this :
- (...)
- VE - Fog And Overlay
- (...)
- Map Effects
- This patch
- (...)

WCouillard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Works perfectly, thank you.

Lakaroth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is really cool.. but i need the zoom out and i try it but don't work, i have Black Border around the map not the entire map, how can i fix it?

Example 75% zoom out

map_effects.set_zoom(75, 60)

map_effects.refresh_rate = 60

♥SOURCE♥

Too sexy for your party.
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
This is really cool.. but i need the zoom out and i try it but don't work, i have Black Border around the map not the entire map, how can i fix it?

Example 75% zoom out
This is because how the script works, it takes the visible screen (which is the size of the window) instead of the whole map. For the zoom out, you could try MGC Tilemap Ace:

http://www.rgss-factory.net/2012/04/15/ace-mgc-tilemap-ace-reecriture-de-la-classe-tilemap/

with the Map Zoom add-on: 

http://www.rgss-factory.net/2012/04/15/ace-map-zoom-ace-zoom-de-la-carte/

MGC's zoom works as you want :)

Lakaroth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
As i suppose... but i'm afraid about problems if i want share my game, users need to Place The MSVCR100.dll in the computer.... I'ts mechanic do that :(

Thank you Source!!

EDIT:
With 1.4 version and 1.6 i got missing MSVCR100.dll but witn 1.5 it works!

It's really strange uh?

Last edited by a moderator:

Virgo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well i now know that i can give my character some LSD and make this happen.  xD

MegaDoomerX3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I get nothing but undefined method errors with this script. Followed the instructions in the document but the Game Interpreter has no idea what to do with the commands.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MegaDoomerX3

Please post the errors you get, screenshots of the projects you use and the steps you did to install it.

It has to be either a mistake you made or an incompatibility with another script you're using, as many others have used the same script successfully.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made another map, this one even has a cool moving waterfall. I'll have an animated GIF later whenever I'm done adding stuff. :LZSwink:
Back here again?! RPG MAKER, I can't quit you. :kaosigh:
um... why didn't anyone tell how easy it is to add motions to Sideview battlers? I literally copied the last one, changed the name and index, said where it should play, and boom... I've got intro motions.
Lately when I listen to 1970s songs, I always think that the "real world" is still at mid 70s. What we experience now is a futuristic dream. With this point of view, even 80s and 90s looks super futuristic. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubet88net