Map Effects

MegaDoomerX3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm sure it's an incompatibility. I'm using a lot of Yanfly scripts and it's stated to be buggy using them. I have to figure out a non-script related work around because there are non related to it. But the errors I was getting were all undefined method errors for the game interpreter for scripts. Was a bit strange so I figured I'd post it but there are no images as I've already removed the script.

SpakTheComposer

Possibly a glitch in the system
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there any way for the motion blur effect to apply to the player while sprinting only?

I basically want this to apply when the sprint key is pressed down, and for it to go away after release of said key.

map_effects.set_motion_blur(3, 1)

Zeus81

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I think you could just use a parallel event with:

map_effects.set_motion_blur($game_player.dash? ? 3 : 0)

never_alone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I really need help! when using the zoom in black bars appear on the sides of the screen. how do i get rid of them???

I found that opening the menu makes it go away?

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@never_alone

Please post your game's screen size and your windows resolution the monitor is set to.

Those black bars are usually caused by the display driver to keep aspect ration of the output, if the output does not fit the monitor resolution.

Zeus81

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Zoom < 100 or > 100 ?

If zoom < 100 normal, this script can't do better.

If zoom > 100 weird, need more info.

Irinore

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
Hmm . . .

This is nice, but when I use it it makes my parallaxes mirror invoulontarily whenever I pass a certain x or y coordinate. Really disrupts the immersion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would consider using it, but it's 30 Euro for commercial use.

Tonko

Club penguin pro player
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there. I am still a noob at this, so I may be asking a dumb question, but why does it bug when using with Galv´s visibility range script (https://galvs-scripts.com/category/rmvxa-scripts/audiovisual-effects/#post-966)?

The bug is that when using the zoom option of your script and activating the shadow of Galv´s script, the circle of visibility of Galv´s script centers on a random part of the map, but not on the character.

Thanks!

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello, I've been testing the script, it's amazing.
but I would like to know how to remove the Fixed Parallax.
it's possible? because I just wanted the only Tileset to have Effects.

Ansilvund216

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks all, there's a video adicktuzmiko.
Hello Zeus, I was wondering If I can disable a specific map effect. because my entire game is zoom in 100%
but I have a common event that checks if the player is low on hp, the screen will wave but if full hp the effect will be gone.

Ansilvund216

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Map Effects
by Zeus81

This script allows you to add visual effects to maps (as distortion for example) in real time.
It goes over the main in materials as usual and should work in any project.
You can also put the instructions below in order to always have them along with.

Script
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zpoxi8gn8ul38uq/Map Effects.rb

How to Use
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sk3uwq2bleoxr7s/Map Effects Doc En.txt

Demo
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ex6906dyehl7an/Map Effects.zip

In this video made with VXace, I've set the "refresh_rate" of the script (cf. notice) to 60 on the beginning to have better effects then to 30 from pixelize so it doesn't lag too much.
For blur effects I was at 4 images but I think we can go up to 8 without making it slow and even more on VX as it is more efficient on this point.
We can do much more effects than what I shown by using several at the same time or just by changing settings.
Hello Zeus nice script but there is a problem, when I zoom my map and walk around using khas light effects, the [light] wont remain to its position, it follows the player.

lindsay

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How do i post it? Do I start by posting the whole thing as seen starting with "Map Effects(1)" and finishing with "end(530)"? The Demo won't open for me

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What do you mean by post? The demo works fine for me. it's just a zip file, extract the contents.
the script needs to be put into your script list. If you don't how to do that, check the link in my signature block below. Andar's guide for beginners

lindsay

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
ya the files for the demo don't work for me for some reason. thanx

Ansilvund216

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What do you mean by post? The demo works fine for me. it's just a zip file, extract the contents.
the script needs to be put into your script list. If you don't how to do that, check the link in my signature block below. Andar's guide for beginners
In the demo as you can see, the lights are dispositioned, it follows the player like an image.

lindsay

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
sorry but like I said above, I can't view the demo.

lindsay

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Whenever I try adding the script and try testing it, it says:Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 12.22.11 PM.png
What do I do? Is there a specific location in "Script editor" I put it in? Also let me rephrase my original question, how much of the script do I copy? Do I copy the whole script starting with line 1 (green text) going to line 530 (blue text "end")? I cannot view the demo I tried on three different computers with windows and mac and still cant view them. Can someone just give my really specific, easy to follow step by step instructions?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As Roninator02 suggested, following this tutorial will be of great benefit to you.
Andar's Guide on using Scripts

As for how much of a script to copy in - you do the lot. From line one right to the end.
That header (the green text) contains essential information. You should always be able to access it quickly if you need to.
As for where you put it:
Insert a new line in your script editor under the heading 'Materials' and above 'Main'
Copy the text of the script into the big pane on the right. In the line in the narrow left pane, type in the name of the script.
Sometime a script has to be above/below other custom scripts. Often the header will tell you if it needs to be like that.

lindsay

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
thank you for the in depth answer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Cheating Part 2 ---

F.Healer: Ahh,This item really expensive!
F.Mage: What should we do?
Hero: Don't worry,i can use this (Activate 999999999G,Suddenly The Game Police Is Watching)
Game Police:Ehem!!! (I See You Gesture)
Hero: (Gulp)...Just...forget it...

Second bust is almost ready. I have to stop for now, but I wanted to show him off. Just have to do a handful of edits and the rest of his expressions will be done.
Kupotepo wrote on casper667's profile.
Thank you @casper667 for make many amazing plugins. Do you see right @hiddenone make the blogs about your plugins?
Does anyone know where the MZ PluginEditorDemo.js can be found? It might be called SampleCoreScript now. I'd like to see what changed from MV.
Among Us w/friends stream

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lightning_Itsuki