77outlaw77

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ok, not sure about why Yami used several viewports but no need to edit his/her script, I've something in my script especially for that.

After Map Effects you should add this :

Code:
class Spriteset_Map  def update    zeus_map_effects_update    @map_effects ||= Spriteset_Map_Effects.new(@viewport1, @par_viewport, @shadow_viewport, @light_viewport)    @map_effects.update(@tilemap.oy)  endend

I'm having a similar problem in trying to make this script work with Yami's overlays scripts. I tried to apply this patch code, but I've obviously done it badly. How should one apply this code? Just copy/paste it straight into the script editor in an entry after the Map Effects script?

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Try this on a new line below the zeus map zoom script
Code:
class Spriteset_Map 
def update   
zeus_map_effects_update   
@map_effects ||= Spriteset_Map_Effects.new(@viewport1, @par_viewport, @shadow_viewport, @light_viewport)   
@map_effects.update(@tilemap.oy) 
end
end

77outlaw77

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Try this on a new line below the zeus map zoom script
Code:
class Spriteset_Map
def update 
zeus_map_effects_update 
@map_effects ||= Spriteset_Map_Effects.new(@viewport1, @par_viewport, @shadow_viewport, @light_viewport) 
@map_effects.update(@tilemap.oy)
end
end
Gave it a run. It's now certainly different, but I think I need to work it a bit more.
Without putting on the map effects script (while still using Yami's script) I get this in my test room:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y74lafvhlmobs30/Capture1.PNG?dl=0
Capture1.PNG

After applying the map effects script, it's the same but completely empty and all sprites vanish.
With the map effects script and the suggested patch code, I get this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/apujqjojxgvp4aj/Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

"Everything tastes like chicken until it's chicken, then it doesn't taste like chicken."
Context: chicken samosas do not taste like chicken. I thought it was veggie samosas.
Just another ordinary evening.
This pig girl is a merchant and playable character.
Currently there's no name for her yet. a suggestion is welcomed.
Merchant.jpg
Merchant-1.jpg
Want for a Nail: I'm trying to figure out what controllers work with MZ, one support thread, a plugin request thread, a dead controller, and a $48 eBay purchase, and a PS1/PS2 USB adapter later. Still stuck with keyboard controls...
RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue: Dying Flame stream starts now! Will we be able to escape the mansion with only the small flame of a lighter to guide our way? Find out live!

Moving day is on May 12! A month from today! I'm finally getting my own apartment!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doublebob