SilverDash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The dungeons are so empty :/ No props or anything generated.

Rutibex

Villager
Reaction score
I just wanted to say that your plug-in is fantastic, and it is exactly the thing I needed for my game!  I have used it quite extensively in my Final Fantasy rogue-like:

http://rpgmaker.net/games/8399/

I have posted a video demonstrating your map generator:

Last edited by a moderator:

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There's a flaw with the passageway tiles. It's generating tiles that I didn't put there or possibly from another tileset & some are impassible.

SAN_MapGenerator passageway error.png

Chilifan

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hi,

first of all thanks for this wonderful script, Sanshiro! :)

Can someone explain how to stop the random teleport by pressing the spacebar?

Unfortunately i don't understand the floor counter at all. How can i set the number of random maps? After 3 random maps i cannot go deeper to the next map.

Anyone has an idea? :unsure:

@Animebryan

I think you could try to set A3 of your tileset empty to avoid this mistake.

Best regards

Chilifan

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi,

Unfortunately i don't understand the floor counter at all. How can i set the number of random maps? After 3 random maps i cannot go deeper to the next map.

@Animebryan

Best regards

Chilifan
Hi,

@Animebryan

Best regards

Chilifan
Actually, the tiles that pop up are from my A5 set, but for some reason they're being added along the outer edge of the main floor tiles & passageways.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've made an extension for this plugin. First of, the help section of the plugin explains how to use the tiles for the original (and extension) plugin.

The extension has a few parameters to customize map generation a bit, and a few additional notetags for customize how events are spawned. Read the help section of the plugin for more information.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DreamXRMMV/Rpg-Maker-MV/master/DreamX_EXT_SAN_MapGenerator.js

This is an extension so it must be under the original plugin.

This extension is released under the MIT license:

https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT

Since I've had to change quite a bit and the original plugin is said by the author to not have any support, I'm debating whether to either continue updating my plugin or try to develop a new plugin that is based on Sanshiro's but with more functionality and customization. But since I've had this extension sitting on my disk for a while I thought to just release it as it is now.

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
I wanted to use that plugin (the original), but didn't quite understand how to use it :x So if you gonna make one, I'd surely be one of the first to try it out ^^

Mojo907

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've made an extension for this plugin. First of, the help section of the plugin explains how to use the tiles for the original (and extension) plugin.

The extension has a few parameters to customize map generation a bit, and a few additional notetags for customize how events are spawned. Read the help section of the plugin for more information.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DreamXRMMV/Rpg-Maker-MV/master/DreamX_EXT_SAN_MapGenerator.js

This is an extension so it must be under the original plugin.

This extension is released under the MIT license:

https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT

Since I've had to change quite a bit and the original plugin is said by the author to not have any support, I'm debating whether to either continue updating my plugin or try to develop a new plugin that is based on Sanshiro's but with more functionality and customization. But since I've had this extension sitting on my disk for a while I thought to just release it as it is now.
The extension is a great addon for the wall height adjustment alone! I haven't got the wall event spawns to work just yet (with my initial use of plugin). I'm sure i'll figure out most of the goodness you've added. Thanks a ton for helping with this plugin's continued awesomeness!

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The extension is a great addon for the wall height adjustment alone! I haven't got the wall event spawns to work just yet (with my initial use of plugin). I'm sure i'll figure out most of the goodness you've added. Thanks a ton for helping with this plugin's continued awesomeness!
Thanks, no problem! Try <RateWall:1> and <Minimum:20> and remember to set the event graphic to something so you'll see it. You should see 20 total on the walls.

Mojo907

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, works awesomely!! :rock-left: :D :rock-right:

gamergall

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Good plugin, works for the most, but now suddenly I get an error "Cannot read property 'note' of undefined".

Any suggestions?

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Good plugin, works for the most, but now suddenly I get an error "Cannot read property 'note' of undefined".

Any suggestions?
Can you give me a screenshot (if you can take a screenshot of the console, that would be best) and the other plugins you're using?t

Mojo907

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Any suggestions?
I used to get that error when I had other commands in the 'note' field of the event, such as Terrax Lighting light codes ( i.e. Fire 200 #CCCCCC ), the dungeon generator doesn't play nicely with other plugin notetags in events.

This may not be your issue, but I thought I'd offer up my experience.

gamergall

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you for quick replies.

I noticed that if you make the random enemies static no errors, but as soon as you set them random or predefined course, error message.

I do use Terrax Lighting but somehow the random generator does not work so well with the lighting events (event does not get placed random, light stays only where it is on the blank map) and random loot, but tm_loot is a plugin call, not a note tag.

Only plugins I use are Terrax Ligting, random map generator and ofc Yanfly Core and message system.

I tried it now again trying to get a screencapture but everything works correct now.

gamergall

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There, saved as a png file, this is the error it throws.

All I did was change the movement type from Fixed (non moving) to Approach.

error.png

Mojo907

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for quick replies.

I noticed that if you make the random enemies static no errors, but as soon as you set them random or predefined course, error message.

I do use Terrax Lighting but somehow the random generator does not work so well with the lighting events (event does not get placed random, light stays only where it is on the blank map) and random loot, but tm_loot is a plugin call, not a note tag.

Only plugins I use are Terrax Ligting, random map generator and ofc Yanfly Core and message system.

I tried it now again trying to get a screencapture but everything works correct now.
Not sure if the movement settings are your error either, my dungeons have mobs set to both random, and approach.
Try again with random loot plugin disabled, and if you get that error again press F8, and screenshot the info displayed there, and maybe that will help DreamX find out what conflicts are going on.

gamergall

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Feel like a total noob now, after checking the movement of the events.

Seems the one event (monster spawn) had both walking and stepping animations turned on.

Changed it to walking only and everything is fine, seems the error was mine to begin with.

Thank you all again for the responses

DraynaRue Games

CPU Candidate
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
When I generate a map with this I don't get anything like everyone else is getting...just a looping path with small rooms, no branching paths, no rubble and no double passages. It's basically the same as what the Generate Dungeon feature does which is a bit odd. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Capture.PNG

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I noticed that out of all the parameter setting such as minimum rooms & size as well as max number of rooms, you didn't include a max room size as well. You should. The default generator algorithm usually causes ridiculously huge rooms to generate (bigger than the screen itself & I have a screen resolution of 1360x768). I would really like to see those super sized rooms restricted to a max size. If you could add that in I would greatly appreciate it. Also thanks for providing support for this. I was bummed out when Sanshiro stated that he wouldn't provide support for this & considering that bug with the excess tiles being generated around the edge of the rooms like I was dealing with.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've started work on a map/dungeon generator plugin that heavily employs the system provided by Sanshiro, but with additional features and customization. I am doing so because there are many useful additions that could be made, and because the original author has stated they won't provide support. The original script was not commented much (besides the help info) in English so there was only so much I could do as an extension without really tearing things apart to understand them better.

In addition to the features already provided in the extension and original script, I intend to :

1. Include parameters for minimum/maximum room width/height/size, the size of passageways and whether to generate walls/roofs.

Include map notetags to override these settings for the specific map.

2. Increase compatibility with map event related scripts by dynamically adding new events to the game instance data.

3. Allow for saving in a generated map if I can. At the present, in Sanshiro's script, if you save, exit and load the save, the map loads straight from the database rather than what was generated. Hopefully this can be averted by loading from the save data instead.

4. Add the following event notetags:

<RoomEntranceOnly:1>  - Event must be spawned in a passageway tile adjacent to a room.

<RoomExitOnly:1> - Event must be spawned on a room tile adjacent to a passageway.

<OuterWallOnly:1> Event must be spawned on the outer wall.

<MiddleWallOnly:1> - Event must be spawned in the middle (not bottom or top) of a wall. This requires at least 3 tiles of wall height and event must also be set to spawn on walls.

<LineOfSightBlock:x> - Event may not be spawned in line of sight of the player spawn location, up to x tiles.

<MinimumStartRoomDistance:x> Event must be spawned at least x many tiles away from the start room.

<MinimumGoalRoomDistance:x> Event must be spawned at least x many tiles away from the goal room.

<RateRoomWalls:x> - Chance on the wall tiles surrounding a wall. Chance tested for each room.

<RateSpaceTile:x> - Chance to spawn on a space tile.

<RatePassagewayTile:x> - The chance to spawn on a passageway tile.

<RatePassageway:x> - The chance to spawn in a passageway. Chance tested for each passageway.

5. Allow for usage of non-autotiles.

3. Very likely some suggestions provided by the community.

It may take a few weeks to get things working in my own version. I will post a thread in the WIP section once I do so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Why is there so much month left at the end of money? D=
Hello humans! How goes your day in this journey of living? I hope it is good, for I am human like you, and I am feeling great! Worship the altar.
Sand is basically small rocks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayJayleaf