Map HUD - v1.3 (06/10/2015)

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by Sixth, Jun 14, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    - Script:

- Resources:
    In case you would like some sample images for testing, here are the ones I made with my crappy PS "skills":
    New linky: https://www.mediafire.com/?wcbu8sbwt6n8n2n
    The screenshot shows these in action.

- Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    I know, doesn't look too fancy, but I am sure someone with graphical skills can do much better. :p

- Author's Notes:
    I finally took my time to write down the instructions for this script, so I can share it. Yay! Right?

This script will update the bars automatically every time their state should be changed, so you don't have to worry about adding codes here and there for this and that ABS script! Although you might need to disable the ones from the ABS in the code itself, in case the ABS script doesn't let you decide what to show on the HUD individually.

This HUD does NOT contain any skill-bars or any other custom script specific things!
    I made this to add better gauges for my little ABS based side-project. While this is far from finished, it can be used just fine even right now.
    I plan to add some other might-be-useful things to show, such as the face and name of the current party leader, and maybe the gold owned by the party.
    But no plans on adding anything which is not a default feature of the engine (like skill-bars, for example). You can use the default skill-bars from your chosen ABS script for that just fine. :p

If anyone can make a more glassy effect for those sphere bars of mine, and would be kind enough to share it, please let me know! *-*

On a final note, you can use the sprite classes I created for the fill rates on any scene you want, provided you have the scripting knowledge to do so.

Note that this script requires my Picture Number Drawing script IF you enable the image drawing for numbers in this script!
    The link for that can be found in my signature!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    Halrawk likes this.
  2. Yuuta Kirishima

Yuuta Kirishima Software Engineer/Professional Mayonnaise Player Veteran

First Language:
    Engilsh
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sixth you've been on fire with the scripts this week!

3. Watcules

Watcules Villager Member

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Hmmm...I wonder why I get this error?

Image_0000003.png

4. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Yuuta Kirishima

I'm transferring some data from my old laptop to my new, and I found these laying around, so I posted them now.

Can't let 'em be wasted on an old laptop, right? :p

@Watcules

Probably because you haven't read the description of the settings? :D

This script is NOT a plug-and-play script!

The default configuration uses my images for the bars, and uses my Picture Number Drawing script to draw the numeric information.

If you don't have that script installed, and you didn't change the configuration to use the default text drawing, you will get that error.

Either install my Picture Number Drawing script and get a number image sheet, or change the settings to use the default text drawing method.

The link to the script mentioned can be found in my signature.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2015
  5. Watcules

Watcules Villager Member

First Language:
    Indonesian
    @Sixth lol, I missed that description =))

Sorry about my stupid question Sixth, everything is alright now. This is a great script :)

6. Wingblade48

Wingblade48 Warper Member

First Language:
    English (US)
    I have multiple images of my hp bar (each showing the HP by 5%). Is there a way to implement those images to this script? My HP Bar is curved (Kingdom Hearts style) so the horizontal and vertical settings won't help me... 

7. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Than this script is not for you, it seems. Handling curved fill rates is not something I plan to do anytime soon, so I can't help you with that, sorry!

8. BoredSoul

BoredSoul Probably Drunk Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Sixth Um...Sixth.I keep downloading the images from the folder but 7z cannot extract the file.That means,the download I am getting isn't the full download.

I need this script so answer quick please.

9. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yeah, that's because the file got corrupted for some unknown reason after a while, which is why I noted that the link does not work for that download.

Added a new link for some sample graphics in the opening post (they include the ones on the screenshot and some other ones I used in an abandoned project of mine).

Note that the sample settings in the current version are changed, and they do NOT use the images on the screenshot anymore, so if you want to use those images, you will have to edit the script settings!