Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,
sorry for posting again.
I'm having some trouble with my map design and I'm not sure if MV can even do what I want.

here is an image to demonstrate what I mean:-
https://snag.gy/NODbQh.jpg

basically, I know I can put walls and roofs on the cliff type tiles. this will give the map a multi-layered feel, some verticality if you will.
but I would I go about doing it with a more modern/brick/different look. I tried it with an actual wall tile but as you can see it doesn't quite work.
Are there tilesets out there that could solve this issue or a solution within the engine?
I have a feeling it has something to do with auto tiling.

mishakoc

Professional Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, doesn't look too good. I'd try to utilize the shadow tool next to the houses and bottoms of the platform if I were you.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MV uses 3 layers in total, make sure you tilesett from A1 - A5, B, C, D, E are correct.

it is possible to make a 9 layer part which require copy the tile and past it above the other.
default tiling is 3, but if you want it more customized, you need to use parallax mapping.
which allow for unlimited layers which is also include for more coloring for variation than
the default allows too.

YEP_GridfreeDoodas might work as well.
In case you are compleetly new to MV, try to do the inbuilt tutorial to the hang of it :)

mishakoc

Professional Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The doodads plugin is great but it would not help you here. The problem is with using the wall tile as the ground if I understand it correctly. It doesn't look as intended because it lacks depth/shadows.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ground (A2) and cliffs (B-E) works, but stone and cliffs on build are not nice which is more for grass.

I wonder who can build houses on walls?
Shadows need to be always adjusted with the shadowpen because they are always incorrect as if its
autoadding. Learning the tilesheets and draw on the map to see how some tiles reacts is a good start
before actual building your maps.

heraculas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thanks everyone, ill look into it further!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You guys want more tutorials? Well not only are we doing new video tutorials with Driftwood, we've also brought in two contributing authors for the blog to get a new tutorial every week! First one here from @Avery
https://blog.rpgmakerweb.com/tutorials/tutorial-mapping-interior/

Next week we'll get something from @hiddenone
Husband has roped me into playing one of his PSO2 characters. Productivity is now negative.
Tileset A is lava! Don't burn D:
as MZ come out what you guys think about.....Some particles engine :3c?
Who wants to sing this song with me?~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavaWave