slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Congrats @Calamitous Magic. I knew that was you due to the use of that SV battler. That's actually the only thing that annoyed me both of your entry here and your entry in Round 2 against me; the mixing of different sprites styles. :aswt: It's a minor thing, and your maps themselves were amazing, so well deserved on the win! :D

Puffer

creator of a game that doesnt exist yet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Congratulation to the winner! It was really hard to decide who to vote for as both entries were fantastic in their own way.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Official Winners Announce will be coming later today!

EDIT: Also, moved all the polls into this subforum, no reason to have the previous rounds subforum now that voting is all over.

Last edited:

Lion Blade Soler

Autistic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since this is over, I will tell which Entry I chose. Both entries were really good and hard to choose from, but having said that, I decided to go with Entry 1 (Calamitous Magic). With Entry 1, I felt the evil atmosphere emitting from that Entry thanks to the dark ambience on the villain's lair and the tile choices for that lair. As for Entry 2, I liked/like that the villain's lair from that Entry gave the impression that there were secret rooms, giving an old-school JRPG feel to the villain's lair. The only criticisms that I have for the two Entries are that Entry 2 did have a lot of cracks on the floor of the main area (but I didn't have a problem with the left secret room having a number of cracks on the floor) and that it looked strange to see a battle sprite instead of a regular sprite for the villain on Entry 1 (but I did like the design for the villain sprite). Despite the aforementioned criticisms on each Entry, the Entries were still awesome and were still hard to choose from; in my opinion, both competitors did a great job with their final Entries and more than deserve their contest prizes.

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Calamitous Magic While I'm here, did you have to make custom diagonal walls to fit? I'd tried to add diagonals to mine but either the ones in the package are made for two-square-high walls only or I just need more practice with them. :p

Calamitous Magic

Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Calamitous Magic While I'm here, did you have to make custom diagonal walls to fit? I'd tried to add diagonals to mine but either the ones in the package are made for two-square-high walls only or I just need more practice with them. :p
Yes, I had to edit the package ones. They are actually darned hard to use - especially if you want higher walls. I'm sure they can be used as is, but it's fiddly and because of the shadow at the top and bottom you can't just extend the wall with that middle tile without meddling with it. I also had to change the edging at the top to fit the wall top tile I used.

They were so fiddly linking them with the other walls and blanking off the overlap that I ended up building that entire back wall and windows directly into my tileset but, even so, some of it went in on Layer 2 and some on 3 and it still required some covering up of the connections with black tiles and edging.

I have to say that the angled walls look good, but they also make it quite difficult to get the positioning of stuff sitting in front of them or on them right. I am not particularly happy with the angled door. Although you could build a character set to have it open, I don't think it would ever look quite right.

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Think the only real way to have angled doors work well in a game is to have pixel movement or isometric view. They look good, though.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Quite the versatile cast so far :p

chars.PNG

Edit: Sprites are made by Alexdraws and TheMightyPalm. I just edited them.
Degica Games Turn Komodo | RPG Maker News #77

Well, rats. Was really looking forward to trying out FPS Creator, but trying to install and set it up was pretty much impossible for my tiny brain to comprehend. So much for that, then.
Ah, home once more! I think I can safely work on my games now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flowermuncher77