Admin
Reaction score
First Language
RPG Maker
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
KkxiM9r.png

Credits: REFMAP
(Note: Credits for materials may also include map creator, omitted for anonymity)​

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love the variety of cliff heights in this. I'll have to try that out! :)

Calamitous Magic

Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Beautiful map, looks like a nice place to camp. I love your rounded cliff shadows, they look great. We're up against each other in the next round. Good luck! I know I'll need it.

Punamaagi

Hero on their own terms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you both for the kind comments! I was happy to discover that FSM tilesets include rounded shadows (in addition to rounded cliffs), especially since I'm oddly fond of mapping multi-level cliffs.

Your map was one of my favourites, @Calamitous Magic, so I'm very much looking forward to the next round. :LZSproud:

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
...FSM tilesets include rounded shadows (in addition to rounded cliffs)...

I have FSM but missed that. Which set has the shadows?

Punamaagi

Hero on their own terms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Which set has the shadows?
The FSM Woods and Cave tiles have rounded shadows on the various B sheets (Forest01, Forest02 and Dungeon01 at least - I mostly used Forest01), and the same seems to go for Autumn Woods and Rural Tiles & Castle and Town sets, too.

Unfortunately Town of Beginnings seems to be the exception and lack the shadows, but it should be quite simple to mix and match the B sheet contents if you own several packs and have the patience for some copy-pasting in a graphics editor.

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The FSM Woods and Cave tiles have rounded shadows...

Thanks a bunch! I have the Town of Beginnings so just might be putting my $5 coupon towards more FSM stuff. Haha!

Lion Blade Soler

Autistic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just for the record, I'm the one that gave a 10 for the map, because I really liked the artistic look of the map. It made me think of old-school JRPGs from the 16-bit era (especially from the SNES era).

Calamitous Magic

Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The FSM Woods and Cave tiles have rounded shadows on the various B sheets (Forest01, Forest02 and Dungeon01 at least - I mostly used Forest01), and the same seems to go for Autumn Woods and Rural Tiles & Castle and Town sets, too.

Unfortunately Town of Beginnings seems to be the exception and lack the shadows, but it should be quite simple to mix and match the B sheet contents if you own several packs and have the patience for some copy-pasting in a graphics editor.
Ha! I thought I was all over those tiles! I use them all the time and I never spotted that. I am learning a lot from this competition.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Fun fact: I always lower every tileset saturation (about 15%-25% of it) in my projects.
My today's performance in janitor work was so insane that my colleague suspected I was high on something.
Learning about how trademark works for game titles has given me new understanding about another reason why AAA developers/publishers sometimes reveal new games as "Project XXX" as a working title instead of the actual title. The cutthroat world of trademarks and IP trolls gets rougher every year as the pool of available titles for (legally safe) use shrinks due to the limitations of language.
how does everybody even finish anything

i have like 5 projects in the backburner and it's just so sad that i probably won't get to finish all or maybe even any of them
Did you know that 90% of people in the world use the number in their sentence as they see fit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainecakez