Admin
Reaction score
First Language
RPG Maker
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Entry 1
fz95ccM.png
Credits: First Seeds Material Forest and Caves used [Copyright](C) REFMAP Publisher: Degica, Co. LTD

Entry 2
aRYjb6m.png
Credits: ©Gotcha Gotcha Games Inc./YOJI OJIMA 2020

(Note: Credits for materials may also include map creator, omitted for anonymity)

Last edited:

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Top 8 D-2 asked for feedback, so here's some feedback.

I liked it. The colourscheme is beautiful, I like the waterfall in the middle, and I love the climbing wall. I like the colour-coded levers and gates - I can see what I'm meant to do. Where it has a problem is how busy it is. Levels and layering are great but there are so many going on here that I'm not always sure what's floor and what's roof. So, very pretty but a bit tricky to read. I think it's those five ... buttresses? The tall bits of wall sticking forward from the main wall? that are messing me up. I feel like I should be able to walk behind them or over them but tracing the intended path shows that they're blockages. And since they're basic A-tiles the top of them butts up against the tiles above and gives the illusion that they're a floor layer.

Lion Blade Soler

Autistic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm one of the ones that voted for Entry 2, but the decision was not an easy. Granted, WaywardMartian did have a point about Entry 2 being very busy in comparison to Entry 1 (which looked more organized and clear), but having said that, I liked the bold moves that were done for Entry 2, like the giant waterfall. Entry 2 could be used as either a dungeon or as a village, and to me, all that Entry 2 needs is a bit of cleanup by removing some tiles to make the area look more organized.

Finnuval

Made of sarcasm and rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since it was a hard choice and a very close call i went with the map that made the most sense the quickest to me... And that was entry A.

Entry B tho beautifully crafted is a little confusing/chaotic to look at. I Will say i like the colorscheme of map B more but in the end the chaos is what put it slightly at a disadvantage.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Time for my daily walk/jog ''Literally starts raining while I open the door''
I just discovered there's a giant jellyfish in the Ace RTP. My day is made.
I'm pretty sure I submitted a username change like 4 months ago.
No offense but uh, still waiting for my name to be updated :/
Boss #1 - All 3 phases.
w5fSXys.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul_code