Map Madness Tournament Announcement/Rules!

EmmaB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@EmmaB I'm not hiddenone (and not even close, as I think I finished dead last in the competition :)) - but I loved this map, thought the way the river looked, in particular, stood out for me. Great work.
That's fine, any feedback is really appreciated. I glad you liked it! :)

@Aesica, I'd have to agree with you that there is a little bit much on the ground, lol. I'm still learning how to make good maps and usually just try to fill in the space with stuff. I'm going to try to do things more realistically from now on though. :)

Asterleena

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Aesica, thanks for the feedback. I'm not really sure how I could have fixed the sheen on the lake, since there weren't any other iced up water tiles. I'll have to come up with a way to fix "this ground looks tiled" syndrome.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Aesica, thanks for the feedback. I'm not really sure how I could have fixed the sheen on the lake, since there weren't any other iced up water tiles. I'll have to come up with a way to fix "this ground looks tiled" syndrome.
In fairness, it's more a criticism of the tileset (which is otherwise great) than your mapping ability, which is pretty solid. :)

Dama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Everyone's map was so great that I couldn't score mine :)
And why the title says Map Madness Tournament but its image says Map Madness Tourney? ;)

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Also, are you gonna give feedback to all 30 maps?
Well, it'll depend. I'm only planning on giving feedback to the people who ask for it, so if everyone wants feedback I guess I'd be giving some to all 30 maps. But I doubt everyone will want to hear my opinions, so I think I'll be fine. :rwink:

Calamitous Magic

Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'd be happy for anyone to comment on mine (28). I can see a number of things I would improve on if this was a real game map and I'd be interested to see if anyone else thinks the same or can point out anything else I could change.

Puffer

creator of a game that doesnt exist yet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
All of the maps this round are so good, I'm really nervous now lol

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We're playing another Touch the Stars game jam entry, come join us! :D
Ok is telling someone that their drawing isnt good rude
I'm familiar with MZ thanks to jam now. I say it's a better working and looking MV. Lots of plugins too and FOSSIL helps alot. It's not bad.
Some more progress <3 and in most important news:
ALPACARAPTOR SPRITE! (not animated yet, though :( )
h4u90Sz.png
Caz
At the risk of giving myself even more work to do, I kinda wanna redraw the faces of the MV RTP to be a little less.. uhhhhh..

mv-redraw.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StaciaStay