Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I took a glance in (I'm off this week, so Tea is taking care of the polls and such), and this round the matchups are all so hard to pick between the two.

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This round was quite a bit harder for me to pick a preference for. The entries are really firing on all cylinders.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
On the Bracket Predictions: I just decided to go with our top 2 now, as statistically, everyone else is out. Either @coucassi or @tumsterfest will take the Oracle! The only other person close, unfortunately has some of the same picks as coucassi does, so has no way of gaining points on him.

Coucassi continues to impress, with only 2 incorrect predictions in round 1, and ZERO incorrect predictions in the Top 8 matches.

If coucassi picks both semi-finals brackets correctly, he wins. If he gets both wrong, he wins (as no one left would be able to achieve any points), there is a single circumstance in which tumsterfest can win: If @Calamitous Magic faces @WaywardMartian in the finals, with WaywardMartian taking it home, tumsterfest will squeek out the win.

tumsterfest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I kindly urge all of you to for vote for my predictions. I don't even remember what the prize for winning is, but I definitely need it more than the other guy.

tumsterfest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have two cacti, and a pet gila monster.

coucassi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tse. If I would have known the plural of cactus I also would have stated to own two. Also having two just means that they can accompony each other, while my poor cactus has no one but me. If I don't get this gift card I need to do all this art I would buy by myself and he will be very lonely. You surely don't want to lay that on your consience?

Aaaanyway, instead of bragging about our plants we should be thanking those who really did the work aka Touchfuzzy & everyone who participates in this tournament :D

(I admit I am jealous because of the Gila though)

Calamitous Magic

Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If coucassi picks both semi-finals brackets correctly, he wins. If he gets both wrong, he wins (as no one left would be able to achieve any points), there is a single circumstance in which tumsterfest can win: If @Calamitous Magic faces @WaywardMartian in the finals, with WaywardMartian taking it home, tumsterfest will squeek out the win.
Go coucassi!
Congratulations @Calamitous Magic ! Your map was amazing, well deserved. Good luck in the semifinals. :XP1C:
Thank you, I loved yours too. They were all amazing. It was a surprisingly difficult challenge in such a restricted space! I am clearly going to have to bring my A+++++ game to the semis. Better get working.

Good luck to my fellow semi-finalists.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There was a request for feedback on Top 8 D-2 if people can do that, thank you!

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey, when things are this tight and the vote can come down to raw aesthetics, you pick your prettiest tileset and hope for the best. Which doesn't give you an edge when everyone's using FSM, but it was worth a try. ;)

Calamitous Magic

Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Haha, I had a chuckle at that. I looked through everything I have for my map and, basically, nothing can beat FSM tiles for the great outdoors. On the upside, I guess you have to vote more purely on composition rather than instinctive reaction to aesthetics. If I am fortunate enough to get through to the final, I am hoping it will be some sort of indoor theme so that I can use a different tileset. Stiff competition though, so I am not going to indulge in a spot of hubris just yet!

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah I had a feeling it'd probably end with FSM maps, which is fine because they *are* pretty tiles, especially if you're skilled enough to utilize them to their fullest. (I am not, which is why I stuck with my modified RTP+ and thus, ultimately got ejected in round 1) :D

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
whoever wins doesnt matter, if it's the prediction or the opposite,
whoever wins this competition has earn it :)

but there are really nice maps, even on small scale (17x13), I wonder how maps
went if they way bigger around 25x18 or 30x40 for example :)

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It happened! At this point the Oracle also comes down to the last match. Depending on who wins also decides it between @tumsterfest and @coucassi .

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's been so long... lol
Theydies and gentlethems, presenting Touch the Stars character #1: Anna Smith and her transformed form, Sagittaria!1624568259771.png
Anyone seen Dsiver around?
I wish character bust packs had options for both side-facing and front-facing for the same characters.
Looks like I'm going to have to cancel another game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirioshinteru