Map overlay buildings on other maps

Crow5derlock

Mapper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The request: I am requesting a script that would allow me to place one map on top of another map like a parallax, but with all of the functionality and tile reading from the second map.

Details: I would like to be able to use event notes or script calls for the process to work. One event would be placed at the top left of the space where the second map would import it's data to.
The idea is to prevent too many duplicate maps with different variations from cluttering a game while also allowing multiple tile sets to be used in each map using this overlay.

Example:
Map 1: For this map the top left square of the dirt box would be where the call event or locator event would be placed.

Map 2: This is the map that will be placed into the dirt square using the script, the scarecrow being where the top left of the dirt square is in the first map.

Map 3: End result. a seamless map overlay that would allow multiple variations of the same location based on the developers intended use of the map. all events and npcs that are on the second map would import over to the first map as well so that doors and characters with interactions can be used. this also allows a developer to keep their event number down for the main map.

I am willing to pay for this request, though I would like to add that I would appreciate it if the script when finished and payed for is available to the community as well.

If there are any questions about the request feel free to ask, I will answer as best I can.

Crow5derlock

Mapper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Something like this, perhaps?

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/tile-changer-copy-tiles-and-change-tiles.90437/

It only copies tiles, not events. This would be difficult, because events have IDs and each map can only have one event with a given ID. If you change the event ID, you will lose the link to the event's self switches.

That is very similar to what I am requesting, though I do know it is possible to transfer events, I do not know how much complexity it would require to make that possible. I recall a script from RPG maker XP that did both things as such. Though since VX came out and XP faded away I have been unable to locate said script for reference, not that it would necessarily make a big difference given that XP ran RGSS with Ruby base and MV runs JavaScript.

I would still like to keep this request open in case someone might be willing to work on transferring events from one map to another within a similar manner.

and also shaz, Might it be possible to make the events act like they are still on their own map so that event ID's don't have to be worked around to make this possible?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Snarkyfork wrote on Trihan's profile.
Hey man, I saw you mention that you do MV javascript work? Just wanted to confirm it before I put you on speed dial. =)
"Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is."-Krishna
FastFood in my country is neither fast nor cheap like it's expected to be, but people still buy a lot of it. I don't want to imagine how much of it people would eat if it was.
Started finishing up my bosses and characters...I don't know how long...but its going to take long...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jekken