Map Popup Window

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by Heirukichi, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Heirukichi

Heirukichi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Map Popup Window - VX Ace - v. 1.1.1
    by Heirukichi
    Description
    This script adds a popup window to your Scene_Map. This allows you to show help messages while the player is walking around. Messages can be manually removed or they can have a timer. The script gives you the freedom to decide if you want to handle your popup window with variables using event commands or using script calls.

Features

• Popup windows.
    • Timed popups.
    • Customizable help text anywhere in your map triggered by events.
    • Easy to use.
    • Default script configuration for easy plug and play.

Terms of Use
    This script is under the GNU General Public License v3.0 (GNU GPL 3.0). This means that:
    • You are free to use this script in both commercial and non-commercial games as long as you give proper credits to me (Heirukichi) and you provide a link to this website;
    • You are free to modify this script as long as you do not pretend you wrote this and you distribute it under the same license as the original.
    You can review the full license here: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html

In addition I’d like to keep track of games where my scripts are used so, even if this is not mandatory, I’d like you to inform me and send me a link when a game including my script is published. As I said this is not mandatory but it really helps me and it is much appreciated.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
    If you want to post this script somewhere else please provide a link to my website instead.

Instructions
    To use this script add it in your project below Materials. It should not have any compatibility issue provided you paste it BELOW any other script that OVERWRITES methods that are aliased in this script.
    If you decide to use event commands to control map pop-up window then changing the variable with ID set in TIMER_VARIABLE sets a timer for the next message. That timer resets automatically when its related message is displayed. At the same time changing the value of variable with ID set in TEXT_VARIABLE makes your pop-up window visible (when that value is different than 0) or invisible (if you set that value back to 0).

Keep in mind that if you want to change a game variable into a string using event commands you have to change it using Set and then Script and add your string like this using quotation marks.
    Code:
    "This is my pop-up window help text."
    If you want to handle your pop-up window using script calls detailed instruction are written inside the script together with instruction on how to configure the script itself.

Difficulty: Easy.
    You can use this script with just event commands without any ruby knowledge. Script configuration is short enough and default values in it make the script usable by just copy/pasting it in your project.

Script Link: a link to download my script can be found here.

Author Notes
    This script was commissioned by @JosephSeraph who then allowed me to share it with the community. Special thanks go to him for his kindness and efforts in helping the community.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    Ebanyle likes this.
  2. Heirukichi

Heirukichi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Updated Terms of Use. Nothing big changes, you are still free to use the script in any project (commercial and non commercial), the only change lies in how credit has to be given.