Veggiebad

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can change the switches to whatever you want, then just turn on that switch before the mini game.
Alright, now it works. Thanks.

Last edited:

Veggiebad

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Now all that's done is making the maps and making it so that the player could slowly uncover maps until they receive an item that reveals all the map within a dungeon.

Could be done with conditional branches, right?

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now all that's done is making the maps and making it so that the player could slowly uncover maps until they receive an item that reveals all the map within a dungeon.

Could be done with conditional branches, right?
It depends on what you are trying to do, if you want to draw a big map composed of multiple maps with parts that get filled in by acquiring map items, easily, can even make it scroll by using move picture commands when movement buttons are pressed. If you want fog of war per step that would be a lot more difficult. Though I can't tell what your describing either from that post, as it sounds now more like a mini map plugin, one map shown only, which can be found by googling rpg maker mv mini map with dozens of results.

Veggiebad

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It depends on what you are trying to do, if you want to draw a big map composed of multiple maps with parts that get filled in by acquiring map items, easily, can even make it scroll by using move picture commands when movement buttons are pressed. If you want fog of war per step that would be a lot more difficult. Though I can't tell what your describing either from that post, as it sounds now more like a mini map plugin, one map shown only, which can be found by googling rpg maker mv mini map with dozens of results.
I mean it shows a room or an area of say a dungeon or an overworld and uncovers more as you enter rooms or areas within the dungeon or overworld, recording the rooms you have already been in until you obtain an item or an ability to expose the rest of the map. Almost like Zelda.

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I mean it shows a room or an area of say a dungeon or an overworld and uncovers more as you enter rooms or areas within the dungeon or overworld, recording the rooms you have already been in until you obtain an item or an ability to expose the rest of the map. Almost like Zelda.
You can do it, but the room entering would naturally be more work, you can use a variable per map and at the start of the game for every variable you use, use the change variable command set to script and put in []; Then don't use them for anything but map unlocks, then you would have to either put event touch events down at spots or use a parallel that keeps checking playing position with a like 30 second wait and if it's at right spot do a script call and do
Code:
$gameVariables.value(variableId).push("insert stuff here with quotes");
and when checking said spot first conditional branch
Code:
$gameVariables.value(variableId).contains("that specific earlier phase");
Then in common event the checks would have to be the above check as well, then add image of the area. Of course first should check if map is obtained and if so erase event and in image add whole image instead of parts. Here's example of parallel check below is else erase.
map3.png

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Option A (Evented):

Option B (Plugins):

Last edited:

Veggiebad

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can do it, but the room entering would naturally be more work, you can use a variable per map and at the start of the game for every variable you use, use the change variable command set to script and put in []; Then don't use them for anything but map unlocks, then you would have to either put event touch events down at spots or use a parallel that keeps checking playing position with a like 30 second wait and if it's at right spot do a script call and do
Code:
$gameVariables.value(variableId).push("insert stuff here with quotes");
and when checking said spot first conditional branch
Code:
$gameVariables.value(variableId).contains("that specific earlier phase");
Then in common event the checks would have to be the above check as well, then add image of the area. Of course first should check if map is obtained and if so erase event and in image add whole image instead of parts. Here's example of parallel check below is else erase.
View attachment 139209
I am basically using an event system where switches are called whenever a player enters or exits a room. There, the room gets highlighted whenever the player enters.

Though I have a problem with the image of the map "popping in" without any sort of fade transitions. I tried doing the fadeout and fadein screen method, but the screen flashes continuously. Is there a way for it to not happen like that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I based this on the armor of Actor 1_7 of the RTP. Hair is from Derex and Sythian Bard.
Stream will be live shortly! Going to do another art stream tonight so that I can finish my Fauna Focus piece~ Feel free to drop by!
Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candutekno