HeroUltraOmega

UltraNoob
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Then again, I am a noob to all this. Anyways, interesting error I received:

[IMG]http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii634/HeroUltraOmega/Screenshot2013-11-03155653.png[/IMG]
EDIT: I believe I found the potential problem.

[IMG]http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii634/HeroUltraOmega/grasslandsofbymoorroute2screenshotthingy.png[/IMG]
In the picture above in the second spoiler, I have the Display Name as "Grasslands of Bymoor: Route 2". The problem happens on that map. However, when I remove the colon from the name (Grasslands of Bymoor Route 2) then the problem is gone. I think it may have to do with any of the characters which cannot be used in a file name ( \, /, :, *, ?, ", <, >, and |)

[IMG]http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii634/HeroUltraOmega/Screenshot2013-11-03161947.png[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All right, seeing as this script is still being updated and supported I may as well report a bug I have found.

Whenever I take a screenshot with doors showing, the doors are misaligned and appear completely wrong unlike in the actual game and editor.

doors.jpg

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
How do I reproduce that? I have seen bug reports about that bug however whenever I create an event with a door graphic it appears properly for me.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do I reproduce that? I have seen bug reports about that bug however whenever I create an event with a door graphic it appears properly for me.

I can't speak for others but I create the door using the right click and quick event creation. My doors are also an entire set of 8 different doors in a normal charaset with opening and closing animations.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Can you upload a demo, the door still appears correctly for me. I'm using one of the !Door3 sprites.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you upload a demo, the door still appears correctly for me. I'm using one of the !Door3 sprites.
My door does not have exclamination point to it. I'm using Celianna's tileset and the doors that come with it.

Is this the problem?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The exclamation just moves it up by 4 pixels or 8 pixels or something. Your door is more than 8 pixels off from its expected location.

Is the door an event or a tile?

Does this happen with any other door?

Does this only occur with the particular tileset?

If you replace celianna's door with an RTP door does it still cause the problem?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If it's the door from the screenshot in the MS4 page, then it's like 2 tiles high

Napoleon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
No memory error occured.

failed to allocate memory

"data = Zlib::Deflate.deflate(data, 8)" line 902

Happens after a while. The map is only 250x250. Is there anything that can be done about it without having to copy the map and split it into 4 maps? Or maybe some option that produces several 100x100 tiled screenshots instead?

It works on some other 250 maps though.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The most latest script should not be trying to create a PNG file in Ruby. I use the GDI+ interface to do it.

You may have an outdated version, or you have another script that is trying to do Zlib compression manually.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to have the PNG exporter process the image in chunks (which is kind of what the purpose of chunks is for when you have extremely large image data)

If someone can write something like that I can update the script to process arbitrarily large images.

Napoleon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Thanks the new version fixed the problem. Mine was outdated. My excuses for not checking if there was a newer version first.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
There needs to be a standard way for devs to do update checks :/

I don't expect EB to provide anything like it so it's up to the scripters to come up with some standards.

seita

Donn_M
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Quick bug report on how the script renders tables for the mapshot. I've already reported another bug via PM awhile back. Don't mind the resized screenshot from the editor, my comp scales everything up.

KsAB9qD.png

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ok this is a bit strange.

mapScreenshotEx4.jpg

The tables are longer than 32x32...

The code that I use to generate the tiles do not have anything like this.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tsukihime, I've posted on your blog, but I think I do it here too.

"Hime, can I have request please? I would like to display mapshot as a picture, so I need to change path for saved mapshots for Graphics/Pictures. Tried to change it, but it creates catalog in main game called “GraphicsPictures” insted of 
icon_sad.gif
"

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Mapshot_Directory = "Graphics/Pictures"

This works for me.

Nataxinus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
Hey Tsukihime can I use your script in a game I'm working on? I will credit you of couse. I'm using it with Galv's map position script so Galv's script takes a mapshot using your script and shows it to the screen marking the players position, I also modified your script a bit so it updates event pages. And bam instant self-updating local maps for all areas in the game :) 

Also can you please fix that bug with the tables being shorter?

TheWhiteRose000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am trying to get it to capture my screen as it is, but it isn't capturing my parallax shadows and light,.
Actually I take that back, it is but only as if it were on a low setting when I have opacity set to max.

Kai Monkey

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
RGSS3
Primarily Uses
I had high-hopes that this would work for dynamically modified maps (Such as those in my Random Dungeons script), but alas, it only screenshots the original, unmodified version

Great script, nonetheless! 

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I had high-hopes that this would work for dynamically modified maps (Such as those in my Random Dungeons script), but alas, it only screenshots the original, unmodified version

Great script, nonetheless!

The script loads from the raw Map### file, but I guess I could just read it from $game_map

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

1638168263130.png
Crossover Inn is getting very crowded, and I love it
Climbing to the top #mapping
1638160732198.png
I've started the first steps of the final few maps that I need to make for B:ms. I haven't been able to say that in a really, really long time. It'd probably be a good idea to blog about this or something.
Question for the Mods: What am I supposed to do when I can't make a synopsis 350 words long? (for project recruitment thread) @Shaz @mlogan
The game is meant to be more on the simple side in order to be achievable so I'm a bit stuck...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FromVillage