Kai Monkey

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
RGSS3
Primarily Uses
You were right! All it took was adding in one light to use $game_map instead of Game_Map.new.setup(map_id) and it worked wonderfully!

RfpbWqR.png
Look at that procedural generated goodness! 

Thank you so much for creating what I think is the only way to be able to look at the entirety of one of my randomly generated maps!

(And shameless plug, the link is in my signature for those who want to try out my random dungeons)

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hime, when I try to download this script from your site it won't load the script, it asks me to save redirect.php instead.. So something is weird with the url.

Halrawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just gave it a shot, the script loaded fine on the site. Make sure you're just clicking the link and not doing right click and save as.

C Frost

Level 51 Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just found this - it's a godsend for taking screens of whole maps with events visible. However, there is one serious issue: some events get moved when the screenshot is taken. I skimmed this thread and saw reference to basically this issue way back on page 2 (this post: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/2894-map-screenshot/?p=194522). There, Mister Big T mentions a door being misaligned in the map screenshot.

This is exactly what's been happening to me. Big events with $ in the filename are not in the correct place in the screenshots that get saved (this is true using either "mapshots" by pressing F7, or "screenshots" by pressing F6). It seems to only affect, specifically, certain characters that are both large in size and have the $ in their name. I opened a fresh, unaltered VX Ace project, changing absolutely nothing other than pasting this script in, and made a little dinky map to test on. The problem is present there, so it seems like it must be something IN this script. Screenshots demonstrating the problem follow.

First is a screen taken simply using Windows PrintScreen of the game window while it's running. You can see the position that all of the events are supposed to have.

z7fCktl.png

Then, the map screenshot that results from pressing F7. You can clearly see how the chimera and demon, both of which are large $ characters, are way out of place. However, the boat, scarecrow, and both doors are all exactly where they should be. The big door is interesting, because it's large and has a $ so it would seem to fit the criteria, yet it's fine. It also has a ! in the name, is this somehow saving it?

zPpIlkr.png

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is a late update but large sprites are drawn correctly now.

paradoxum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
any way to have this take a screenshot using the lighting effects on the map?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You would need to modify it to include whatever layers/sprites/bitmaps are used by the lighting effects script.

Ixfuru

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello Tsukihime!   I love this script.  I've been using it in my Ace Project.  However, I have a request.  Can this be modified to work for VX?  I've tried a number of times to do it myself and I can't seem to get it to work.  It throws a syntax error at line 826 as a new copy.  Works fine for Ace.  I assume that means that it's something in the Ruby language upgrade from RGSS2 to RGSS3.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

a lot of my maps and battlebacks are me redrawing base rpg maker mv stuff to match with my own artwork... sometimes it comes out ok lol.
Guess I had to do something related to xmas... :kaoswt2:
SWZtrkz.jpg
"16. Do NOT contact other members by private message, on the forum or status feed, inviting them to put additional tools (such as leaderboards, ads, etc - whether yours or another person's) into their game."
Oh no. Necessity is the mother of invention. Do I want to know what happened?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Homaniac