Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have no idea what to do I have tried so much. I am only getting this weird glitch when I transfer back and forth on the 3rd time the map goes haywire. Is it maybe the fact I have an older version of RPG Maker MV 1.0.1 ????

I don't get any console errors when entering the outside map, but when I enter some of my maps, I get this error in console:
WebGL: INVALID_VALUE: texSubImage2D: dimensions out of range pixi-tilemap.js:609

I am getting this error when on certain maps but not all of them? I am so confused

Video Linl: https://www.videosprout.com/video?id=a6f4f0e0-d844-47d6-aa90-a7950a8fa28a

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if its an editor and using a evented or a time system, it can go haywire.
I had that in a beta game testing, but the time system wasn't added to it yet.

if its not the a time system added to your game (yet), than I dont know why it does that.
but it can probably one of your events on that map that go haywire that cause it.

which event or parallel proces that may be, you need to see if those is correct.
does the same thing happen is you make a new projects and transfer the data to that one?

if it persist and events are correct, that I got no idea.

if you use MV version 1.0.1 that you have a outdated one, so download, upgrade
the version to either 1.5.x or the latest of 1.6.2 and see if its still happend.

when upgrading, make sure you update your project too, and see if the problem is still
there, if it is, than im out of knowldge what else it can cause.

Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if its an editor and using a evented or a time system, it can go haywire.
I had that in a beta game testing, but the time system wasn't added to it yet.

if its not the a time system added to your game (yet), than I dont know why it does that.
but it can probably one of your events on that map that go haywire that cause it.

which event or parallel proces that may be, you need to see if those is correct.
does the same thing happen is you make a new projects and transfer the data to that one?

if it persist and events are correct, that I got no idea.

if you use MV version 1.0.1 that you have a outdated one, so download, upgrade
the version to either 1.5.x or the latest of 1.6.2 and see if its still happend.

when upgrading, make sure you update your project too, and see if the problem is still
there, if it is, than im out of knowldge what else it can cause.

Hey @ShadowDragon Thank you for your input! I tried looking in what you were saying but that wasen't the issue here.

I had a feeling it was something to do with 2 tile sets. Any maps I made with these tile sets would give me this issue!... So I changed them and the issue stops. :eswt2: Now to figure out why those tile sets are causing issues!!! :eswt:I believe they may contain an image which is either to big or not in proper size format....

Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[SOLVED] Issue happens when you have the incorrect size image used in tile set A5.

Once I change the tile sheet canvas size to the correct size to be used in A5 section of Tileset Database. It fixed it completely.

MAKE SURE YOU TILE SHEETS ARE THE CORRECT SIZE!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I also question why you are using 1.0.1? That was the very first MV released and is very buggy and laggy. You're going to continue having problems unless you update.

Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I also question why you are using 1.0.1? That was the very first MV released and is very buggy and laggy. You're going to continue having problems unless you update.

Yeah It has been a while since I worked on my project I am a currently backing up my project so I can update MV. I am a little bit worried but It should go fine.

Thanks for the heads up @Shaz

Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz Update Complete I am now running RPG Maker MV 1.6.2 :eswt::ehappy:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Make sure you update your project as well. The instructions are in all the MV Update threads, but basically there are two methods. They both begin with making a backup of your existing project, then creating a new project.

1 - Merge the new files into your existing project
Copy the following from the new project into your existing project: the index.html file; the package.json file; the entire js folder

2 - Merge your existing files into a new project
Copy the following from your existing project into the new project: the audio, data, fonts, icon, img, movies folders

In both cases, you will then need to locate the newest versions of all of your plugins, and add those to your project in the usual way. Don't try to use the plugins you already have, because many of them, if written for 1.0.1 may not work with 1.6.2

Good luck :)

Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank @Shaz. I have quick question on the updateing. I have my game running perfectly now and when I click About.. it says I am running 1.6.2.

When I opened the newly installed RPG Maker Mv 1.6.2 it instantly opend my game and it says im running 1.6.2 in the about section.

Is that all I need to do? Or shouldI create new project and then click Merge files and find my project?

Attachments

Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have located the newest version of almost all plugins also. Still need to check on a few more.

Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RPG Makver MV Successfully updated now for my project... I will now follow the instructions on how to update my project.

"
  • Copy the file "index.html" and "package.json" from NewData to your project
  • Copy the files libs folder, "rpg_*.js" (example: rpg_core) files from NewData/js to your project js folder
  • Do not replace your plugins.js !
  • Done!
"

Thank you!

Thread can be closed :)

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updating the engine is one thing (1.6.2 when you choose Help > About).
Updating the project is an extra step that you have to do, for every project, every time you update the engine, if you want to keep them all up to date.

So you could be running 1.6.2 of the engine, and 1.0.1 of the project. And that means your project is still at the original version of MV and still has all the buggy scripts. You can edit an old project in a new editor, but the project is still on the old version.

When you update the engine, you get the latest version of the engine as well as all the scripts. But that only puts the new scripts into new projects you create with that version of the engine. All of your old projects still have all the old versions of the scripts. That's why you have to do the extra step of manually copying all the scripts into your projects.

You need to report your first post and let the mods know your issue is resolved, in order to have the thread closed. They are unlikely to see a comment in a post with this information.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Uranium , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Double posting is posting after yourself when no one else has replied or it has not been 72 hours. You can always go back and edit your last post if no one has replied.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

lunarrosecrow wrote on hiddenone's profile.
please don't lurk hiddenone I'm quarantining!!!
lunarrosecrow wrote on Edward.T's profile.
Hello Edward sorry to bother you and didn't start a conversation cause I thought i'd be a little weird or disrespectful but I was wondering do you still have your Generator resources you posted as the links on the page are dead?
Stream will be live shortly! It is my birthday, and thus I am doing an extended stream! I will be doing a variety of things. Among the activities I will be doing: Playing Oceanhorn: Monster of the Uncharted Seas, art, and some Text Adventure~ Feel free to drop by!
It would be cool if you could "copy as code" event commands :< .
Just managed to recover my Yahoo e-mail that i lost 3 months ago. Turns out an IP from U.S had hacked it and set the pass back to normal.. Like WTF ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannyBee21