sanguine1038

Clueless Enby
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The whole idea with the game I'm making is that the player can click on places on the map and with a switch already activated they can investigate stuff, short version it's a YTTD fangame, and for some reason either "<Click Trigger>" or the switch isn't working despite me making a 2nd map for it.

Checking back on other maps I think it might be the switch itself being weird, any thoughts?

Attachments

• Project4 - RPG Maker MV 6_27_2022 8_16_27 AM.png
    Project4 - RPG Maker MV 6_27_2022 8_16_27 AM.png
    110.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Project4 - RPG Maker MV 6_27_2022 8_16_11 AM.png
    Project4 - RPG Maker MV 6_27_2022 8_16_11 AM.png
    190.1 KB · Views: 10

Nolonar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So what exactly isn't working. Does your event not show the interaction between Ranmaru, Hinako, Kurumada, and Anzu? Does the interaction show, but the transfer doesn't happen? Does the transfer happen, but the player is landing on the wrong map? Does the player land on the correct map, but then an event immediately plays when it shouldn't be playing yet? Does an error message appear? If an error does appear, when does it appear and what does it say?

What are you doing, what is happening, and what do you expect should be happening instead? The more information you can give, the better we can help.

sanguine1038

Clueless Enby
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So what exactly isn't working. Does your event not show the interaction between Ranmaru, Hinako, Kurumada, and Anzu? Does the interaction show, but the transfer doesn't happen? Does the transfer happen, but the player is landing on the wrong map? Does the player land on the correct map, but then an event immediately plays when it shouldn't be playing yet? Does an error message appear? If an error does appear, when does it appear and what does it say?

What are you doing, what is happening, and what do you expect should be happening instead? The more information you can give, the better we can help.
The transfer works but none of the "<Click Triggers>" aren't working. After the interaction happens the player is put in a map in which places can be clicked on, like Hinako to the left in the first photo, and text will show up on screen however for whatever reason it's just not doing that.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
and what are your click triggers? how do they function?

we can't find a mistake if you don't show us where the mistake happens.

Nolonar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
These are my assumptions:
  • Your map is actually empty (no tiles). All we see is a background image.
  • Your player character is invisible.
  • When the player clicks, the (invisible) player character is supposed to move to the clicked tile and trigger the event if there is one.

My guess, based on the assumptions above: Your map is fully impassable, so the invisible player character can't actually reach those events.

You can test if that's the case by turning the player character visible and checking if you can move around.

sanguine1038

Clueless Enby
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
and what are your click triggers? how do they function?

we can't find a mistake if you don't show us where the mistake happens.
It's the Yanfly YEP_EventClickTrigger plugin. It's the plugin I use so when the player clicks on an event space, if it has "<Click Trigger>" in the notes of that event, then the event will play out.

Sorry for not explaining some stuff that might be important.

These are my assumptions:
  • Your map is actually empty (no tiles). All we see is a background image.
  • Your player character is invisible.
  • When the player clicks, the (invisible) player character is supposed to move to the clicked tile and trigger the event if there is one.

My guess, based on the assumptions above: Your map is fully impassable, so the invisible player character can't actually reach those events.

You can test if that's the case by turning the player character visible and checking if you can move around.
I have the characters start off as transparent in the database cause I'm making more so a visual novel and I don't see the problem with having the map like this when every other map was made just like it. Every map beforehand has been made like this and they haven't had a problem beforehand.

I'm doing the project on a laptop so earlier it wasn't working simply due to the fact that the plugin wasn't even on, but after that the other maps work fine other then this one.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
but if it needs <Click Trigger> , than why it is not on the event
you show use? because that note is blank.

EDIT:
as a side note,
erase picture 7
show picture 7 is weird,

specially the last line which erase instantly.

just using "show picture 7" replace the picture 7 previously.

sanguine1038

Clueless Enby
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
but if it needs <Click Trigger> , than why it is not on the event
you show use? because that note is blank.

EDIT:
as a side note,
erase picture 7
show picture 7 is weird,

specially the last line which erase instantly.

just using "show picture 7" replace the picture 7 previously.
The event that's being shown in the 2nd screenshot is the lead up to the other map. The player clicks on a click trigger to a door beforehand, after that the 2nd screenshot event plays and after that event is done the player is transported to the map where they click on stuff. Those events have <Click Trigger>

And I know erase picture 7 show picture 7 is weird, I just did it back then when I had barely no clue to what I was doing so it would look weird if it didn't have it anymore. (I.E. it's for my tiny brain.) This image is an example of what's in the events, could it be the branch that's screwing it over?

Attachments

• Project4 - RPG Maker MV 6_27_2022 9_48_49 AM.png
    Project4 - RPG Maker MV 6_27_2022 9_48_49 AM.png
    90.8 KB · Views: 4

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since this is done with a plugin, please show us screenshots of your plugin manager with all plugins and their order and version numbers. The error might be there.

additionally check if any event on that map or any common event has an autorun - that would block all click functions.

EDIT: and if the switch in the conditional branch is off, the event would do nothing.
test with a command outside the branch to show if it is triggered or not

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
possible, but if it does, create an else handle with nothing inside.
as if it's NOT on, and you can click on it, it checks if it's true,
if not, it does the else handler.

sanguine1038

Clueless Enby
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since this is done with a plugin, please show us screenshots of your plugin manager with all plugins and their order and version numbers. The error might be there.

additionally check if any event on that map or any common event has an autorun - that would block all click functions.

EDIT: and if the switch in the conditional branch is off, the event would do nothing.
test with a command outside the branch to show if it is triggered or not
Here's the plugin manager, I'm pretty sure there isn't any ongoing events or common events that have autorun on and even if there were all of them end with either a transfer player or end event processing command.

Attachments

• Project4 - RPG Maker MV 6_27_2022 10_09_14 AM.png
    Project4 - RPG Maker MV 6_27_2022 10_09_14 AM.png
    134.7 KB · Views: 4

sanguine1038

Clueless Enby
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
possible, but if it does, create an else handle with nothing inside.
as if it's NOT on, and you can click on it, it checks if it's true,
if not, it does the else handler.
Alright the good news is that the else branch works fine but I'm still confused on why the regular branch doesn't work? The point to where the player is brought to has the switch activated for all of the clickable events. I suppose it's fine though, since this is the only map with that error.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I suppose it's fine though, since this is the only map with that error.
no, it is not fine.

if this happens that means that the switch is used fro two different functions and you need to find out where else it is used and turned on.
because there could be additional cases of other switches being used twice.

try to find the switch with the event searcher first, if it is not in an event then it is in a plugin and you have to check the configuration of every plugin you have for that switch's ID

sanguine1038

Clueless Enby
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, it is not fine.

if this happens that means that the switch is used fro two different functions and you need to find out where else it is used and turned on.
because there could be additional cases of other switches being used twice.

try to find the switch with the event searcher first, if it is not in an event then it is in a plugin and you have to check the configuration of every plugin you have for that switch's ID
Could it be possible that maybe it's screwing up because multiple switches are being used? The idea I had was the player getting a key which gets turned into a switch, after that then they're able to enter the room.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no

ANY change of any switch requires a direct command, either as event command or as script command from somewhere.

you can mess up a logic structure so that it does not do what you assume, but in that event there is no such event structure, it is a simple check.
so there has to be a command somewhere that does change that switch.

It could be that you gave that command in the wrong moment (see messed up logic) but it has to be somewhere, and if you messed up your logic you should really search where you messed it up.

sanguine1038

Clueless Enby
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no

ANY change of any switch requires a direct command, either as event command or as script command from somewhere.

you can mess up a logic structure so that it does not do what you assume, but in that event there is no such event structure, it is a simple check.
so there has to be a command somewhere that does change that switch.

It could be that you gave that command in the wrong moment (see messed up logic) but it has to be somewhere, and if you messed up your logic you should really search where you messed it up.
The switch itself is used throughout the entire game, and is only deactivated when a player brings up a map to move around the place the characters in. (I do this as to not have an event trigger when the player is trying to use the map.)

So using the event searcher just brings up a big pile of who gives a piss. Maybe just using another switch or a variable for those branches would be a simpler?

Attachments

• Project4 - RPG Maker MV 6_27_2022 11_41_29 AM.png
    Project4 - RPG Maker MV 6_27_2022 11_41_29 AM.png
    89 KB · Views: 2

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
is only deactivated when a player brings up a map to move around the place the characters in.
it needs to be deactivated before that other event can function.
but you said yourself that this problem only happens when transferring to this map - so it is obvious that you did something wrong before or during the transfer to this map, either switching that switch on too early or following a logic sequence where it is not switched off on transfer.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Here's a showcase of layers of visual effects I've added over a scene. By stripping them off, one by one. :kaoblush:

Aaaaand, here's me working on the above scene, adding weather effects to it: :kaoeh:

DamageActor1_2.png added!
index.php

Krow and Dova's Cool New Game | Release Trailer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaireinaH