Map Transistion

EmptyHrGlass

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to make it so that I can move from one map to another by walking to the edge of any map side, while only using one event square. 

I've read a forum page from another site how to do it but it just doesn't seem to be working for me. 

This is what I understood from what I found, but as I said, can't get it to work.

Does this event contents make sense?

Event Contents.png

Variable.png

Lantiz

PunyMagus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Other
You must set the variable 7 value from outside of the page as it's only activated when the variable 7 has a value greater or equal 1.

So if the variable has no value set, the event won't be triggered.

On the first page of the event you set the variable value to the player position and leave it without trigger condition.

On the seccond page of the event you add the conditions to transfer and set the trigger condition as it is on your picture.

Both pages must have parallel trigger.

Last edited by a moderator:

EmptyHrGlass

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You must set the variable 7 value from outside of the page as it's only activated when the variable 7 has a value greater or equal 1.

So if the variable has no value set, the event won't be triggered.

On the first page of the event you set the variable value to the player position and leave it without trigger condition.

On the seccond page of the event you add the conditions to transfer and set the trigger condition as it is on your picture.

Both pages must have parallel trigger.
Can you submit a screenshot? I understand what you're saying, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Lantiz

PunyMagus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Other
Can't now, at work... do this:

1. Click the "Copy Event Page" button;

2. On "page 2", in "Contents" delete the first line;

3. Go to "page 1" and uncheck the box "variable" in "Conditions";

4. In "Contents" delete the "If : player x = 1" and "If : player x = 15" lines

Dad3353

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Why do you have a condition on this Event (Player X>= 1...)..? What purpose is it supposes to serve..? I've just tried it out, and it works just as you've written it (Test for '0' for the left edge, and (width -1) for the right edge...). It ceases to work if I include that condition. No condition needed, I'd suggest..?

EmptyHrGlass

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why do you have a condition on this Event (Player X>= 1...)..? What purpose is it supposes to serve..? I've just tried it out, and it works just as you've written it (Test for '0' for the left edge, and (width -1) for the right edge...). It ceases to work if I include that condition. No condition needed, I'd suggest..?
Because I was testing things out and hoping it worked. 

EmptyHrGlass

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can't now, at work... do this:

1. Click the "Copy Event Page" button;

2. On "page 2", in "Contents" delete the first line;

3. Go to "page 1" and uncheck the box "variable" in "Conditions";

4. In "Contents" delete the "If : player x = 1" and "If : player x = 15" lines
Ok yes, that worked great! 

Thank you, now I'm only having one more problem.

When I set things to parallel, and I've had this issue before when using parallel, it starts automatically like the autorun feature, even if I'm not on the same line as the even square on either axis.

Lantiz

PunyMagus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Other
Yeah, its meant to work that way, it's going to chek the player position all the time and when the player is on a transfer position, it's going to perform the transfer.

By the way, check @Dad3353 answer, it's probably related to what you need.

Dad3353

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, its meant to work that way...

@Lantiz ...

Aha..! Yes, I see what you've done, there. It's an optimisation so that the need to transfer is only activated  if the Actor is on an edge. Otherwise, simply track X position, without wasting machine cycles on a useless test. I'll retain that; very good. 

Still, there are now two parallel processes running, instead of one. Not sure who wins out in machine cycles, there. Food for thought, though.

EmptyHrGlass

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, its meant to work that way, it's going to chek the player position all the time and when the player is on a transfer position, it's going to perform the transfer.

By the way, check @Dad3353 answer, it's probably related to what you need.
I can't seem to get this to work when using parallel. 

I've tried everything i can think of, tried what I've read (at least the way I understand what I've read) but parallel just instantly transfers to the next map no matter where it's placed and it's correlation to the actor.

Lantiz

PunyMagus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Other
@Lantiz ...

Aha..! Yes, I see what you've done, there. It's an optimisation so that the need to transfer is only activated  if the Actor is on an edge. Otherwise, simply track X position, without wasting machine cycles on a useless test. I'll retain that; very good. 

Still, there are now two parallel processes running, instead of one. Not sure who wins out in machine cycles, there. Food for thought, though.
not really no... it's just sometimes the OP can have his reasons to need it like that, like the variable being used in other places idk... the trigger activates when the value is above 0, so the seccond page will probably be triggered as soon as the player enter the map. Your approach is better if the variable is used only for transfer.

About the process, I believe it's only one process at a time, as the seccond page is triggered by the first it's always one or another.

I can't seem to get this to work when using parallel. 

I've tried everything i can think of, tried what I've read (at least the way I understand what I've read) but parallel just instantly transfers to the next map no matter where it's placed and it's correlation to the actor.
When I said to check @Dad3353 answer I meant because of the fact that the map starts at 0 (zero) not at 1. So first try changing 1 to 0 (zero) and 15 to 14. Note that 15 is (probably) an invalid position, so that may be the problem on your test.

By the way, if the player starting position is on the edge, it's going to transfer as soon as he enters the map.

Dad3353

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In general, it's often a good idea to try out techniques of this sort on a very simple, empty map (or two...), just to get the hang of things before 'muddying the waters' with the full-blown Maps. Just sayin'; this may be exactly what the OP is doing (I hope so..!).

Lantiz

PunyMagus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Other
or use a common event, which is what I would do, to use it in other maps if needed ofc

EmptyHrGlass

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
or use a common event, which is what I would do, to use it in other maps if needed ofc
thank you for your help, i couldn't figure it out even with all the help so I just remade at a different size.

this is just a test game for me to learn the system anyway, so it's all good. MIGHT publish after, but maybe not. thanks again.

Lantiz

PunyMagus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Other
It all depends on how the player enters the map.

you're welcome, bid you good luck [:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just for the record I have greatly enjoyed the past couple months of using RPG Maker MV - enough that I went ahead and bought MZ although it's going to be a bit before I seriously start a project with that.
I have a pretty reasonable alpha of one game that's got roughly 4 hours of content and some bits and pieces of others after only about 300 hours total time and about 2 1/2 months of owning RPG Maker.....
I completely forgot which forum had the personal blogs for members. :LZSlol: It was probably a forum for the Ace program. I was going to see about posting a blog post, but I'm too tired, and if its associated with Ace, then its a moot point. :LZSlol:
I've had some hard times. A co-worker accused me (not going into detail here), and I am trying finish training next week. Still not paid yet, I think next week.
I don't like hard boiled eggs...
it's weird to eat something that crunchy outside soft inside. And after chewing it for a while it started to spill red sauces that taste like iron.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holaaa