Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One mistake you made is in the Move Picture Command:
Instead of the movement is done in 1 Frame, you have it in 60Frames, that can cause the delay. So change the 60 to a 1.
Sadly on that Picture i dont see if you marked the Wait for Completion or not. DONT MARK THAT ONE.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you should not switch the coordinate system on single pictures.
see how you choose "center" in one command and "upper left" in the other? That is the definition of which pixel you use as the anchor of the picture, and that depends on what the picture itself is and should never change for a picture once selected.
I can only guess which one would be correct for your light source picture, but most likely it should be center in both cases.

and which the loop works, I still think you should kick that command and allow the parallel loop itself to handle that as that would be less lag, but since you have problems handling logic and would have to restructure the event for that - just keep in mind that this event is causing more lag than neccessary for the future, if the lag ever becomes a problem you should revisit this part.

PKirkby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you should not switch the coordinate system on single pictures.
see how you choose "center" in one command and "upper left" in the other? That is the definition of which pixel you use as the anchor of the picture, and that depends on what the picture itself is and should never change for a picture once selected.
I can only guess which one would be correct for your light source picture, but most likely it should be center in both cases.

and which the loop works, I still think you should kick that command and allow the parallel loop itself to handle that as that would be less lag, but since you have problems handling logic and would have to restructure the event for that - just keep in mind that this event is causing more lag than neccessary for the future, if the lag ever becomes a problem you should revisit this part.
Yes, that was just a simple mistake I missed. However, without the Loop, it seems the light just appears on the player every so often, as opposed to lagging. I'm not sure what you mean by "having problems handling logic" so I'm not sure I'm going to comment on that. Thanks though.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I didn't mean to simply erase the loop command, I meant to replace the loop command with letting the parallel process handle the loop without an extra loop command. And that replacing requires a few more changes including moving the commands outside the loop to a different event page and a few more things.
Based on your questions above I'm not sure you can develop the logic required for that replacementon your own, and I don't have the time to build it for you. That was what the comment was about.

PKirkby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I didn't mean to simply erase the loop command, I meant to replace the loop command with letting the parallel process handle the loop without an extra loop command. And that replacing requires a few more changes including moving the commands outside the loop to a different event page and a few more things.
Based on your questions above I'm not sure you can develop the logic required for that replacementon your own, and I don't have the time to build it for you. That was what the comment was about.
That's fine, thanks.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It works fine on my End. Player and Picture are moving simultaneous.

PKirkby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It works fine on my End. Player and Picture are moving simultaneous.
Ok, that's really what I needed to hear, now I know it's something on my end for sure. Thanks for pointing out the 60frames, that kept getting by me. It updates fine now, however it's still to the bottom right of me. I'm going to fool around with plugins and make sure they're not affecting it and hopefully that fixes it, thanks for sticking with me on this one.
Edit: All plugins off, still appears to the bottom right. Changed the picture size to the aspect ratio of the screen and it worked. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That got also allready answered =).
Andar Pointed thatone out, you choosed TopLeft instead of Center in your Move Picture Eventcommand, that caused it being down to the right.
I oversaw that at first and showed code for adjustment of position. Both should help you get this fixed.

PKirkby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That got also allready answered =).
Andar Pointed thatone out, you choosed TopLeft instead of Center in your Move Picture Eventcommand, that caused it being down to the right.
I oversaw that at first and showed code for adjustment of position. Both should help you get this fixed.
Yeah, sorry, meant to edit that out, I did fix it. Thanks again.

Reactions: Bex

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 26th September 2021

Well... it's been a while since I was last here :kaoswt: I don't want to say I'm officially 'back' yet, but I've recently started working with RM again, so I might become active here again :kaohi:
Mmmm I love Coca Cola candy! :kaoluv:
aaaand my power is out. I sometimes think that I'm cursed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack_