Caz

Green Eyes Blonde Dragon
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I posted this over on RMN and it's had some good responses so far, so I figured I'd bring it over here too. Feel free to move this if it's not in the right subforum, I couldn't really find anywhere for it to go. :D;;

We had an idea in one of Liberty's streams where we get a thread going and everyone maps their bedroom or a room in their house and shows it off here!

You can map whatever so long as it's a location from YOUR PERSONAL LIFE. Map it in an engine, parallax it, hand draw it like an RPG map, whatever you fancy! You can use any RTP, or custom graphics if you'd like!

It can be any style (top-down, sidescroll, ANYTHING) just so long as it looks like something from your world that's been remade in a game!

This is my bedroom, which is an attic room with a little window at an angle on the roof:

eXpyT8S.png

Last edited:

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh! This sounds like such a fun idea! Definitely going to try and squeeze a few hours in for mapping soon. <3

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Cool thread, Cazzetti.
This was my bar (where I used to poison people), now immortalized in rm style.

C0ghvwB.png

It's actually quite accurate, except for the giant carousel Pikachu that is missing (for kids) in front of it.
The transparent thing on the top is a sort of plastic tent used to cover the interior of the bar from the sun and rain (I was able to remove it during summer though).
Too bad rm doesn't have any umbrellas in the RTP, that's another thing that this map is missing, but looking at it still brings back memories.

Credits: Kadokawa, Dalph.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

After the initial success with one event, I set up four different events on the same map to detect who is in which slot in my current party, and fortunately it managed to work as intended, with the events changing image to match the party members even as I swapped their positions around in formation. This will be a great tool for immersive scene design.
Finally finished the first hand-drawn map! It took me a week, but I'm so proud!
Actual line of code I just had to write for a plugin:

return Object.keys(this._shopStock).map(key => key.split(",")).map(element => element.map(value => Number(value))).filter(key => key[0] === mapId && key[1] === eventId);

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catboyfirsttimer