MapExporter plugin, noob needs help

paperbullet

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been trying to use RPG Maker MV to make maps for my online D&D games, and I found a plugin that would be absolutely perfect for that:

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/mrp-mapexporter-export-your-full-size-maps-1-1-as-png-files.49684/

It's supposed to export the entire map as a single image, which I can then upload to the D&D site and use as a map for my games. If this works as said, it'd solve my difficulties with map creation forever.

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of experience with RPG Maker MV or JavaScript, and I don't understand the plugin maker's instructions - they're too technical for me. The instructions say:

"Simply run,

MRP.MapExporter();either from inside your JavaScript console or from an event."

I don't know what that means or how I do it. It's possible I messed up somewhere else in the instructions, too. Could someone explain it to me in simple terms, or with pictures to help?

Thanks,

-paperbullet

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MRP.MapExporter();
is a script function, and you can use it in any event with the script command there..

this would require you to play your game until you trigger that event where you placed the command, then it will make a mapshot.

the other option is to press F8 during playtest. That will bring up the developer console of your browser (might be a different key if you reconfigured it, or you can use the browser menu to open the developer windows) and then you can type it there.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
^

Also, if you're simply creating your map within the editor, you know you can right-click on the map and select "Save as image...". It will export the entire map as a PNG picture. However, size will be 50% and events won't appear on in it.

If you're using another system (like for example YEP's doodads), or you want to export at 100% and/or see events, then the above post is what you're looking for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I couldn't have Taco Bell, so I grabbed a giant piece of strawberry cheesecake instead.
Guys one of our Animal Crossing Villagers (Sherb) just told us that he hoped that the villager who was having her birthday had as memorable of a birthday as his sixth birthday. Which was "the one where the clown went into our house and never came back" and that "his mother says she still sometimes hears the honking in the walls".
My tutor has been furloughed for 8 weeks. If we are too... sucks, but it's a lot of game making time...
Social distancing extended for another week. Personally I'm cool, but this is depressing.
GOOOOD MOOORNING!
APRIL WILL BE BETTER!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
U_do_Dad_Jokes