Mapping question

EthanHawkeye

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I've created this character file and he works perfectly on the map except that he seems to float 4 - 6 pixels above the base line for all the other things on my map.

Is this because I've adjusted the screen to wide screen resolution (1280x720) or is it something I've done wrong in creating the character graphic file?

In this example the sign post is from the map file directly and so is exactly 48x48. In theory my character should be in line with the bottom pixel of the sign. So not sure how to troubleshoot this.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Neither - that is an intentional shift to make humans look as if they walk inside the grid and not on its edge. Just think how it would look at a cliff tile if the player really moves above a water tile for example, no one would walk on the border.

Check the existing sprites to see how this is disabled for object sprites like doors, because of course doors need to fit to the grid.
All object sprites have a filename that begins with a ! to tell the engine that this sprite should not be shifted.

But I suggest you do not change that, because player and NPC look better on the map with the offset high.

Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I agree with andar the dude looks fine how he is he doesn't appear to be floating. I would however work on the fine lines of the sprite he looks a bit stretchy and pixely compared to the objects around him as if you used free transform [not saying you did but he looks a tad blurry which free transform will do].

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Oh wow, just got word the police are looking for an armed suspect within a 2 block radius of my office. Super glad I'm not there right now. :kaoswt:
Sheila Nagase

same caption as before. :3
"Be as honest as you possibly can as often as you can. It makes your lies much easier to believe."
Each new game means new ways to survive and you need to adapt when you have 10 different stores with lots of items for your adventure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReidhMaze