Retro Pixlr
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Banner3.png
Greetings traveler. Welcome to my Workshop. Here you can request 1 map (per person per turn) of your choosing, be it parallax or not. My goal with this workshop is to help you travelers make new worlds to explore for the players, and in the process to improve my mapping skills.

Notice! : Not taking Parallax for now/ (Soft-)Closing - Thank you all for the support!!
Due to sudden troubling changes in schedule this semester, I won't be able to spend as much time as before on your requests. While I wish I could keep working on maps all day long, sadly this would mean I couldn't be able to keep up. Because of this, I have to slow down on the workshop. Ergo, starting the 1st of April, I won't be able to take new requests and (soft-)close the workshop). I'm really grateful for the many requests and reactions from the community , thank you all so much for the support!

If you still wish for a map made by me, you can always ask nicely through pm. At the moment I can only accept editor maps. However, the same rules will still apply. Keep also in mind that the editor maps may come slower than normal because of my changed shedule.

For those who want a specific map, here is my schedule for the workshop:
-April 2018 - Mid-May 2018: Soft close = Only Editor Maps ( even these might take longer)
-June 2018: Full Closing = No editor or parallax maps
-Full Reopening: Around September 2018

Banner2.png
Please make sure your map request is as descriptive as possible. The more details you provide, the better I can deliver. But to make it easier for you, I made a template form for you:
IconSet.png Template
1) Engine - Vx Ace or MV

2) Size - please specify the size of your map. I won't make a map that's larger than 100x100. Please note that the larger your map request is, the longer it will take for me to finish

2) Parallax?* - Yes or No

3) Tileset - I can not search endlessly for custom tiles. If you want me to (not) use a certain tileset, please compile and send me the tileset you want me to use (via pm) so nobody else can download it. If no tileset is sent, I map your request using the RTP alone.

Even if you want me to use the assets I made myself (which you can find here), I ask you again to send it to me, so I can have a clear view on what I can use.

4) What kind of Map?
Here I would like you to describe the type and mood of the map you're looking for. A few example keywords are: (these are not in stone, you can also use your own descriptions ;) )
Interior - Exterior / House - Mansion - Cottage/ Field / Dungeon/ Church/ Shop etc.
Sci-fi / Modern / fantasy etc.
Happy / Dark/ Sad / Uplifting etc

5) Extra details - Here you can bring out all details I need to keep in mind. If it helps, please provide an image with your idea.

Optional
6)How do you want your map to be received? My program of choice is Gimp, so you can receive it in a .xcf file (or in .png files too if you want)

7) Is there some kind of movement plugin/script involved in your project? By default I map based on the limits of the default rpg maker. If however you use something like 'pixel movement' or 'diagonal movement' or something and you want me to incorporate them somehow in the map, let me know here (or in section 5).

* Please note that my lighting shenanigans aren't perfect. I'm still trying to teach myself the ropes of lights and shadows. So for now, I won't add these to the maps. When my skills are more developed, you can request these effects in your maps too.

1) Engine - MV

2) Size / What kind of Map- I am trying to make a fierce outdoor arena, like this [linked image]. Right now its just 25x28.

3) Tileset - RTP, to have less hassle :)

4) Parallax?* - Not necessary, but I would appreciate it if you could use parallax to give it a better look by adding extra details?

5) Extra details - I would like to have you focus on the crowd. I want it to appear massive and not just have a few rows of people in the audience. And I really want you to make it feel like you're outdoors. Maybe you can add a visible sky above that moves? And please make it look like the announcer isn't alone.

6) I'm familiar with gimp so creations from it are a-ok to me.

7) None

IconSet.png
A few example maps and finished requests:

These maps are for demonstration purposes only, you can NOT repost them and / or use them in any form whatsoever.
foresty_domain___experiment_map_rpg_maker_mv_by_rabosion-dbk63c3.png

interior___foresty_domain__1st_version__by_rabosion-dbk8fcz.png

auditorium_by_rabosion-dbqkomd.png
A small personal request from a friend ( without parallax):
index.php

Waz - arena
arena_by_rabosion-dbsa7x4.png

Tomkomaster's dungeon
Tomkomaster finished.png
IconSet2.png My terms:
- You need a license for the appropriate engine and credit must be given appropriatly. (So for VX Ace, credit Enterbrain. For MV, credit Kadowa.) For any tileset used, credit must also be given to the original artist(s). Their terms of service are also applicable in the end result. Depending on their terms, you can use the map commercially or non-commercially.
- Please credit me, Rabosion too.
- I can also post the end result of the map in this forum, unless you asked me not to.
- I can accept or refuse a request
- I don't make the puzzles/ events. I only make the graphical parts.

You can not edit/ repost/ etc. the maps I made for others and use them for your own goals. Sample maps generally fall under the same rule.

Banner4.png
Make a request with the help of the template above. You can post this here in this thread or you can send this via pm (Inbox --> Conversation).

You can request 1 map per person at a time. When that map is finished, you can ask for another request after some time has passed, so everyone gets a turn...

After the hiatus, I'll come back to these requests: ( 1 spots available )
1. Thomas Smith
2. ???

If you wish to support me or spread the word , you can link back to this thread and/ or use my signature banner on this forum.[/SPOILER][/SPOILER]

Troubleshooting/ Q and A
"I have (for example) a tileset for VX Ace and a tileset for MV, can I request a map?" Of course you can. If you own both engines and send me the tileset you want me to use, I can help you.

"What if I have something more than tilesets that I want in my map?" Everything that you want to see added in a map can be sent to me. Just remember that you need to give appropriate credit to the artists and listen to their terms too.

"I don't know any good tilesets, please help:kaodes:!" As said before, I can only help you if you send me graphics to work with, else I only use the RTP. But don't worry, because in the Rpg Maker Community there exists a quadrillion super quality graphics already, which are made with love and care :kaojoy:. On this forum alone you can find amazing graphics from: (but absolutely not limited to)
Almost Simon, Arcthemonkey, Avery, Boomy, BurningsunMedia, Cadencefire, Caitlin, Celianna, Chalkdust, Chiara, Clarey, Com_Sho, Crazycrab, Cvrtis, Cyanide, Esziaprez, Flakeheartsnet, Gabrelik, GSR, GeoffreyD, Grandmadeb, Haydeos, Hiddenone, Hmind, Iliketea, Indrah, Izeck, Jorgewaggonner, Kovak, Ksi, Landofshadows, Leon Kennedy, Lunarea, Martin, Matt Beer, Meiows, Minty, Mjshi, Mlogan, Moony, Mrpyramidhead, Ogedei, Pandamaru, Point08, Sabio, Shibas, Shadowhawkdragon, Slimmeiske2, Sythianbard, Terrorchan, Whitewitchworks, Whtdragon, Sorrowlight, Zelgadis85, Zyphli, ...

And many many more! (I've used many tiles from them in my maps, so go check them out!)
Naturally, if you find resources from this or another site, the same rules still apply: respect the original artists terms and give appropriate credit!

Last edited:

Rabosion

Retro Pixlr
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
I updated the opening post with a map I made for a friend of mine. This one doesn't have parallax.
MAP002.png

Rabosion

Retro Pixlr
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
It has been some time since I posted anything in this thread. Since I haven't received a request as of late, I decided to post another example (which is also viewable in the opening post.)

auditorium_by_rabosion-dbqkomd.png

Rabosion

Retro Pixlr
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have finished another request. @waz asked me to make a fierce arena for his game. This can be viewed on the opening post too. :)
arena_by_rabosion-dbsa7x4.png

I've also updated the opening post itself to make it a bit fancier ;)

Rabosion

Retro Pixlr
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Remade the opening post, added a few thingies here and there.

Last edited:

Rabosion

Retro Pixlr
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Update:
From December 25th until around the end of Januari, I'll be taking a break from the workshop. I won't be able to complete requests in this time period. You can still leave a request via pm or via this thread if you wish, I'll work on it as soon as the break has ended.

Last edited:

pandadodod

Wannabe of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'll apply whenever my co-dev will allow it :)

Edit: He approved! And Rabosion-san accepted my request. Woohoo!

Last edited:

Digi Arn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I hope you enjoy your hiatus. Your maps look really great! I would love to use one in my game.

1) Engine - MV

2) Size / What kind of Map- This large cave system is to be the initial dungeon experience in my game Fractures of Destiny, the cavern is an subterranean cave under a large river. the idea is that there will be 4 maps, the first map I was thinking largish and sort of like a maze in the sense that you might hit a dead end or have to double back(really liked the example piece you gave), the next is a small room that houses a small underground mining camp with a few small cabins and tents maybe, the third map is going to be where the puzzle and final battle encounter is held a medium open cavern with three levers in separate parts of the map, a large pool of water and room for a small rock path connecting the bottom of the map to a small ledge on the other side of the water where the exit door is, and then the fourth room being a small tunnel to the outside world.

3) Tileset - RTP, to have less hassle :) <-- thats just the assets that come with MV right?

4) Parallax?* - I think this is fine, Ive never used it but I think this would be a perfect time to start! It looks so good.

5) Extra details - this cave is wet, and dank and a bit dark, it does run under a river after all. small bodies of water might pool up or run through the maps.

6) I'm familiar with gimp so creations from it are a-ok to me.... <-- I dont know what that is

7) None. I think that's it then. I I know the scope of what i just typed up is a lot, maybe I'm just being overly imaginative, anything is absolutely appreciated.

Rabosion

Retro Pixlr
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello @Digi Arn , your request has been noted. I'll gladly start on it after the hiatus. Thank you for the elaborate description, that certainly helps. I'll clarify a few things for you:

Parallax mapping is one of the options (next to editor mapping and doodads mapping) to make your maps. There exists a ton of threads and plugins/scripts for it on the forums, but this method basically works with image layers around your characters to make up the world. When you find your plugin of choice, you also find how these layers need to formatted and such. While this is one way to fill maps with more detail, it bumps up the size of the game tremendously. Editor mapping on the other hand is more limiting, but more lightweight. The choice of size comes down to what you prefer eventually. But a quick search around the forums can certainly be enlighting.

Gimp is my art program of choice, so the (parallax) maps I make out of it are in '.xcf' format (while Photoshop uses '.psd'). I can also make it into .png files if you want.

The term 'RTP' was the term used for the default assets package that came with older Rpg Makers. They were needed to 'run the program'. Although MV doesn't have a package, the term is used for the default assets.
-------------------------

Again, thank you for being so descriptive! After the hiatus, I'll start working on it! :)

Digi Arn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
@Rabosion Awesome, I appreciate it! I cant wait to see what you come up with. I am ok with parthe maps being parallax, I have not previously worked with it, I have looked into it a bit and am pretty sure I can pull it off. RTP it is! and I guess I sghould do some searching as to what format I will need the maps saved as.

thank you and thank you again!

Rabosion

Retro Pixlr
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Small update: my exam period is almost finished which means that the break is almost at its end. Starting from the 26th of Januari, I can start working again on all your requests. Thank you for being so patient, I will see you guys again soon! :kaojoy:

tomkomaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would like to request a map:

1) Engine - Vx Ace

2) Size - around 70x70

3) Parallax?* - No

4) Tileset - The standard vx ace RTP will be fine (I've also sent you 2 tilesets, if you want, you can use them, but they are not necessary)

5) What kind of Map?
Dungeon / Fantasy

6) Extra details - This will be a dungeon with a werewolf boss at the end. The enemies, along with the boss, will be visible on the map, are able to move freely, chase the player, attack them, so please make a room for them to be able to move (it is not an arpg, the battle system is the standard vx ace one.) The player will enter the map on the bottom of the map. As for the content of the dungeon, I will leave it to your imagination (inside can be river(s), or just pools of water, holes, corridors with dead ends, puzzles(I'm using a script for free jumping, you can make parts of the dungeon accessible only by jumping there(1 tile jump normally, 2 tile jump if running then jumping)), or anything else you think would fit into a dungeon with a boss at the end.). Those two tilesets I've sent you are bones and blood, so you can make the dungeon look more dark in style, as in dead body parts and bones lying on the ground, but those arent necessary.

Last edited:

Rabosion

Retro Pixlr
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Digi Arn , I've sent you an update on your request. Please check your conversations inbox :)

Digi Arn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Rabosion, thank you a million for the maps, they look great and I really appreciate you taking your time to do this for me.

ts50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would ask you to make a map for me, but I am using a DLC tileset. :headshake: That's a downside of using DLC

Rabosion

Retro Pixlr
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
No problem @Thomas Smith , maybe we can look for a solution in pm if you like. :)

Dumeka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hello dear Rabosion! :)

I would like to request the following:

Engine:
MV
Map Size: 30x30
Tileset: Default RPGmaker MV Tilesets (Inside)
Parallax: No
Map Type: Ancient Tower with 3 Floors
Details: The walls should be Bronze/Brownish Colors since I used the Bronze looking Tower on the world map.
Some Candles on the walls, some Windows (not many), old statues and such.
The lowest part should be larger then the other two, the mid part larger then the top.
File Type: PNG if possible
Extra Scripts: Using several ones but none that involve diagonal movement and the like.

Please let me know if you need extra Information.
Thanks a lot for your time in advance! :)

ts50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I love @Rabosion's work, his maps look very professional! I recommend asking him to make maps for your game. He made one for me and it is looking great!

Dumeka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hello dear Rabosion! :)
I wanted to ask if you had the time to create any of the interior maps for my Tower?
Thanks a lot in advance!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've been working on making a simple sprite frame system. And I'm really happy with the progress.
ZAyFw65.gif
Sketching on Milanote the new script of the system I plan to implement for VNMaker. This is making me learning Coffeescript through a crash-course I never thought I would ever take in my meager career as writer, but brings back fond memories when I was forced to learn RUBY for RPGMaker XP back in those years. Oh dear... :LZSooo:
For some reason, I found this is kinda stylist
ready to fall into another development hell...
Mega has been giving me a lot of problems as of late, so I think I'll need to switch to another cloud service. I'm considering Dropbox.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aburgonya