Iamaperson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is more of a technical problem, but its really been bothering me a lot. I have the steam version of RPG Maker MV. I'm usually using it on offline mode because I have very unsteady internet connection.
Before now its been working fine. But lately I've been finding that whenever I add a new map and save and reset the program, the map has mysteriously vanished. I have no idea what could be causing the problem. Its really annoying because I put a lot of work into these maps and having them disappear has been really bothering me.
I haven't used any plugins whatsoever with the program so that wouldn't be the issue.

I was hoping that someone else could have possibly experienced this problem themselves and found a solution. That's why I decided to post it here.

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Are you using version 1.6?
If so, downgrade to version 1.5.1 or 1.5.2.

Iamaperson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you using version 1.6?
If so, downgrade to version 1.5.1 or 1.5.2.
I just downgraded it. For now it seems to have fixed the problem. Hopefully it doesn't persist. Thanks for the advice!

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just downgraded it. For now it seems to have fixed the problem. Hopefully it doesn't persist. Thanks for the advice!
^_^

1.6 has a lot of problems. Until those are fixed, it's best to stay with 1.5.1 or 1.5.2.

Yusha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had the same issues with 1.5.1. I noticed it had something to do with parent maps because the json files of each parent map had been corrupted. The mapXX.json files still exist in the data folder and if you check inside your mapinfos.json file you can still see the individual map data.

I temporarily stopped creating parent maps and it seems to be working.

Iamaperson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had the same issues with 1.5.1. I noticed it had something to do with parent maps because the json files of each parent map had been corrupted. The mapXX.json files still exist in the data folder and if you check inside your mapinfos.json file you can still see the individual map data.

I temporarily stopped creating parent maps and it seems to be working.
I changed what version of the program I was using through the BETA category on steam to 5.1, so maybe that's the issue. Maybe changing the version to 4.1 will help. If not, I suppose I'll just take a break from RPG Maker until a new update comes out. Thanks for the comment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So its confirmed MZ will have tile size locked at 48x48. So thats extremely lame. Still probably going to get it for the assets but Im gonna pout the whole time.
A friend used to ask why I don't colorize most of my drawings? The answer: I'm colorblind.
Thought something big was going down when I saw a riot van and two cop cars outside my home. Nope. Just multiple calls about one man kicking off in the street. xD
RPG Maker MZ does confirm in its RPG Maker website blog about new features. Graphics of course look gorgeous, but how about what keeps the engine together?
This image made me realize... My new sky area needs flying dominoes. :LZSexcite:

Though I will probably make them more awkward in some unforeseen way. :LZSwink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
studiojap