RMMV Marcee Rush Adventure – ACTION RPG - DEMO Available Now!

aziib

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MARCEE RUSH ADVENTURE
spoiler.jpg

STORY
A story about an orphan sisters (Marcee and Erina) who both lost their parents recently, one day Erina got kidnapped by Rodney the evil mage and forced to marry him, Marcee gets angry and rush to save her sister.

CHARACTERS

Marcee Lenea
She is an apprentice at Gerado's Blacksmith, not very good at making sword and armor, but she is great at using it because gerado train her to become fighter so she can protect her sister at all cost. she's a bit stubborn and boyish sometimes, but she learns from her mistakes.
marcee.jpg

Erina Lenea
Erina is Marcee's Litte Sister, she really a sweet person and tends to cheer up her sister, collecting flowers and cooking is her hobbies. she really hope she can be strong as her big sister.
erina.jpg

Master Gerado Derivero
A blacksmith who took care of Marcee and Erina when their parents are dead, he is the best swordcrafter in the town and most soldiers from castle are his customers. Gerado's personality is a bit harsh, but he's actually a gentle person when he educates Marce and Erina.
Gerado.jpg

Rodney
An amateur mage who really obsessed with Erina, He really love erina. even though Erina is only thirteen years old, He really want to marry with her. somehow he got some mysterious power from someone so he can use magic greatly from before so he use that to kidnap Erina and force Erina to marry with him.
Rodney.jpg

Pedina
A mysterious Peddler selling many items and potions. she help Marcee on the adventure by selling some supplies for Marcee, Somehow she always ahead of Marcee mysteriously, nobody knows where she comes from or where she go.
Pedina.jpg

SCREENSHOTS
ss5.jpg

ss6.jpg

ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg

ss4.jpg

ss1.jpg

DOWNLOAD
DEMO: Marcee Rush Adventure DEMO

CREDITS:
Kadokawa
Yanfly
MOGHUNTER
Galv
Quxios
Shaz
JavaHut
Ventiq
Astfgl66
Rhino
mjshi

Attachments

Ace of Spades

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I played through a little bit of your demo, although I wasn't able to make it very far due to a few game-breaking bugs. I feel this game could have used a bit more play testing, but here's my overall thoughts.

Pros:
  • I really enjoyed the custom artwork. Even as someone who doesn't typically enjoy all things pink and girly, I thought the aesthetic and theme of the art direction was on point. The custom busts are great, the bright vibrant pink trees, and the menus all carry the same theme throughout.
  • Your sound choice was also very nice. The music soundtracks were catchy and fit the tone of the game nicely. I thought the music change when you enter the shop menu was a nice little touch as well. I also liked the little chirps of the starting enemies when they're close.
  • The combat was surprisingly fun, despite being fairly simple. My biggest complaint is the tile-based movement and the lack of enemy variety, but to be fair I didn't make it very far into the game to see if there's other enemy types with different attacks.

• The storyline was a bit weird for my taste (we're on a quest to save our sister and stop a pedophile's wedding), but I also really appreciate the fact that you didn't let the story over stay its welcome at the beginning. You set the plot up quickly and keep it moving, which is a big plus for pacing.
  • For the dialog, you'll want to go back and proofread, but try to utilize proper grammar. I found some words weren't capitalized properly, while Other Words were Capitalized without Any Rhyme or reason. Also, proper punctuation is key to helping things look more professional.
  • The tutorial dump at the beginning was a bit much; try to introduce the controls as the player is introduced to each mechanic. For example, don't teach the player about equipping items until they pick up the hookshot. Spreading the tutorial throughout the beginning of the game will help player's retain the information better.
  • I found it unintuitive that I'm not able to use potions from the item menu. It wasn't very clear I had to equip it first and then use it from the map.
  • The hookshot was a fun mechanic, but it pulls the player in really slowly. I think that should be sped up a bit.

Cons:
  • Multiple game-breaking bugs/soft-locks. Right at the beginning of the game, if you try to go back up to the previous map, you have an event that has the player walk back down... if you don't cut down the bushes first, they player gets stuck and cannot move. (In move-route, check mark 'Skip if can't move' to fix this issue)
  • By using the hookshot from the right side of the screen, I got stuck on this island and couldn't get off, forcing me to restart. (I thought using the hookshot while facing down here would work, but it doesn't quite reach.)
Image1.png

• Finally, after saving at the first save crystal, I was met with another game-ending bug. This is where I called the quits.
Image4.png

aziib

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I played through a little bit of your demo, although I wasn't able to make it very far due to a few game-breaking bugs. I feel this game could have used a bit more play testing, but here's my overall thoughts.

Pros:
  • I really enjoyed the custom artwork. Even as someone who doesn't typically enjoy all things pink and girly, I thought the aesthetic and theme of the art direction was on point. The custom busts are great, the bright vibrant pink trees, and the menus all carry the same theme throughout.
  • Your sound choice was also very nice. The music soundtracks were catchy and fit the tone of the game nicely. I thought the music change when you enter the shop menu was a nice little touch as well. I also liked the little chirps of the starting enemies when they're close.
  • The combat was surprisingly fun, despite being fairly simple. My biggest complaint is the tile-based movement and the lack of enemy variety, but to be fair I didn't make it very far into the game to see if there's other enemy types with different attacks.

• The storyline was a bit weird for my taste (we're on a quest to save our sister and stop a pedophile's wedding), but I also really appreciate the fact that you didn't let the story over stay its welcome at the beginning. You set the plot up quickly and keep it moving, which is a big plus for pacing.
  • For the dialog, you'll want to go back and proofread, but try to utilize proper grammar. I found some words weren't capitalized properly, while Other Words were Capitalized without Any Rhyme or reason. Also, proper punctuation is key to helping things look more professional.
  • The tutorial dump at the beginning was a bit much; try to introduce the controls as the player is introduced to each mechanic. For example, don't teach the player about equipping items until they pick up the hookshot. Spreading the tutorial throughout the beginning of the game will help player's retain the information better.
  • I found it unintuitive that I'm not able to use potions from the item menu. It wasn't very clear I had to equip it first and then use it from the map.
  • The hookshot was a fun mechanic, but it pulls the player in really slowly. I think that should be sped up a bit.

Cons:
  • Multiple game-breaking bugs/soft-locks. Right at the beginning of the game, if you try to go back up to the previous map, you have an event that has the player walk back down... if you don't cut down the bushes first, they player gets stuck and cannot move. (In move-route, check mark 'Skip if can't move' to fix this issue)
  • By using the hookshot from the right side of the screen, I got stuck on this island and couldn't get off, forcing me to restart. (I thought using the hookshot while facing down here would work, but it doesn't quite reach.)

• Finally, after saving at the first save crystal, I was met with another game-ending bug. This is where I called the quits.
i'm sorry for the bug, the map will be fixed, and the save error probably is from javahut save plugin, i will try to remove that and will see if the problem is fixed

aziib

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Pros:

Cons:

you can download new update now, just replace the file and try to load again.
New Update Demo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Pootscooter wrote on Pharonix's profile.
Hey @Pharonix, just wondering what you're up to lately and if you've had an opportunity to check out the LTBS thread in the past few days...(a couple of us could really use your expertise). Hope you are well and Happy Thanksgiving!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoetsoi