bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello all! It's (almost) March which means it is Spring! The weather is getting warmer

Ok, it is getting warmer in some places. Regardless, March is also a great time to make games! Post your goals and progress for March here.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'ts getting cooler here! (Thank God!!!)

I'm so slack with my project - so many things pulling me in different directions. I just want to make SOME progress!

Have decided instead of playing all through, making a massive list of things that need to be changed, then being overwhelmed at everything, I'm just going to focus on one section at a time and work on it until I'm happy with it, and then move on. This seems such a simple idea I don't know why I ever did it any other way.

So in March I'll aim to
- fix all the bugs I listed in chapter 1
- redo 2 cutscenes
- remove stuff from chapter 1 that isn't finished or isn't needed
- make a list of things that are missing from chapter 1 and need to be added (mainly NPCs)
- fix some chapter 1 mapping issues

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been a while since I posted in a Goals and Progress thread, but I have a bunch of objectives for this month.

I've completed my last pre-alpha version a few days back, and am currently working on my first alpha which is kind of a leap from the previous "small" updates to an update taking care of all loose ends regarding core game mechanics.
So I'm working down my "to do and ideas" list in order to decide what should make it into the game and what needs to be in the alpha. I've already completed a few of them in the past couple of days (weather and passive skills systems, smoother party switches, choices window fix, ...), but I've still a dozen more to consider.
I also have to complete one of the big features on my project which is the alternate evil path to the story. I've left it aside from the early stages, to focus on everything else (including the good path implementation), but I can't decently have a complete alpha version without it. So that will likely be the part on which I'll need to work the most for this month. :LZSevil:

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Going to take this week and a half of spring break to plan more on paper, get things written out and finalized, and then come back ready to implement. Might even rework the Overworld, who knows.

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hooray March goals thread! :D

Aside from what I posted in the Feb thread my overall goal is to finish my game by Easter, which gives me a little bit of time to work with ;P umm current goal for March is finishing up to part 2 (of 3ish) by St. Patty's day or failing that as it falls on the beginning of my work week, the 22nd

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And I'm back, maybe, possibly, perhaps.

I'm hoping that RL pressures will ease and that I shall be able to do something more substantive on my project than just a bit of tinkering here and there, which is all I've managed since October.

So my goals, except one, are extremely modest.
  • Map one location.
  • Do the database and sprite work for the enemies there.
  • Do one mini-quest which gets you to an optional boss.
  • My non-modest goal - totally change my battle system.
And that's it. Anything more will be a huge bonus.

focus on one section at a time and work on it until I'm happy with it, and then move on.
That's how I've done all my projects.

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I am going to be somewhat busy for the next 3 weeks, so I guess I won't get that much done. Gonna continue work on the warfare system for "War on Christmas".
Goal: Create movement, attack and portrait sprites for 3 new units.
Stretch goal: Get the basics for buildings done. (unlikely probably gonna be goal for april)

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I couldn't progress as much as I wanted last month. Though, I got a few things done concernings mission II.10; the military base with the "dodge cameras to not be seen" system completed. Cameras will blink, and you need to use the time interval to pass. A picture of those cameras below.

What I started recently is the tileset for the forest; but before doing so, I wanted to create a transition between the mountain side and the forest side, to not abruptly enter the forest without warning. I'm quite satisfied with the result, in spoiler below.

To complete mission II.10, I now need to map the entire forest and prepare all relevant fights inside. I'll try to start mission II.11 in this month too.

D.L. Yomegami

Sanely Insane
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Third time I'm trying to make use of these topics; I hope it's the charm.

Rather than just drop a vague goal and never post in the topic again, I'm going to drop some more-concrete goals and make it a point to post in here at least once a week for this month. Can't make any promises, but it's something.

Goals for this month:
*Finish the basic outline of my story. Not all the fine details; just what happens where and why.
*Get a prototype created for the purposes of testing out battle stuff (not planning anything spectacular; this particular game just has the default battle system plus party limit gauge stuff).

Stretch Goal: Start designing the final boss. This is somewhat reliant on the story outline getting completed; I want to know how many bosses my game's actually going to have first.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
March Goals:

-Finish the Strategy Guide. I've got the main plot done, and most of the optional dungeons done. Debating how to handle the towns as you can go to them at many different places, and if I include them everywhere you can reach them the guide will hit 500 pages easy, so I need a way to consolidate them. Also need to add a section on how to do the side quests as well still.
-Fix any bugs reported from testing. My tester is in Chapter 7 now, and I've fixed all the reported bugs for Chapters 1 - 4 so far. I'm having them report Chapters 5 - 7 at once so it's wait for those now.
-Come up with a better title screen, if possible.
-Update the Manual. I changed a few skills and menus so need to edit it to match.
-Update the trailer.
-Odds and ends on the business side.

If I can do all of that, the game will be ready for release.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Wow nice cute screenshot @bgillisp and your goals are great too.
@Shaz lets hope not too cold like Canada and cute goals too.
@MushroomCake28 Sure understand you here
@Kes WELCOME BACK *cybermental hugs* and good luck with your project.
@Lihinel these will be interesting goals to realize. Not looking like much but I know. XD
@Schlangan You got so interesting color maps. Good luck with it.
@D.L. Yomegami Good luck with your goals.

As for my goals;
I want to be more BRAVE in this month and do MORE than last month. Despite how IRL will bash in me and Taxation month. If some have a few prayers on our side and positive thoughts to spare, please send them our way please!

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
include them everywhere you can reach them the guide will hit 500 pages easy,
Woah that's a big guide..

Another Ned

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Kes : Nice to see you back in here, am crossing my fingers RL will allow you to work on your game.
@Schlangan : That transition looks really cool!
@bgillisp : I have a vague memory of strategy guides that have individual chapters on the respective towns, no idea if that would be applicable to you or if that's the approach that'd boost it to 500 pages. D:
@Marquise* : You can do it! I rarely remember to say it, but I often have a positive thought or three for you. : D
@ everyone else: Good luck and lots of motivation for your goals!
(I don't yet have enough energy to go back to my old, old, very old ways of commenting on everything, but I want to try interacting a bit more every now and then, as it's always been fun.)

My goals for March (this time I have concrete ones, yay!):
  • more detailed sketches of the rooms based on the map layout I decided on
  • designs for furniture and other props (note to self: check asset list from sometime last year)
  • this means I also need a general design direction/aesthetic, so I need to do quite a bit of research, quick studies, maybe a painting or two... I suspect this step will take the longest time, but is (to me) also the most important (Note to self: Check bachelor thesis, I think some of my workflows in there are applicable to this; and maybe I can recycle some unused designs, too)
  • once those things are done, create prototype greyscale tiles (note to self: if I don't get to this step, carry it over to April)
Bonus if I get all of these done (otherwise it'll be an April goal):
  • Implement a rough version of the game until the demo cutoff point

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I managed to get up to most of the way through Day-3 on Chapter 2 of Nina Aquila: Legal Eagle. The plan for March is to finish Day-3 and Day-4, ready to do Day-5 in April.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Building on what I have done to date I stand at 0.8.0 and have just finished a load of balance adjustments, cost management etc. and updated the currently-implemented list of shops to accommodate the adjustments.

Goals for 0.9.0 are primarily intended to connect the plot details that I have written both at the point I left off when I accidentally pulled an Earthbound on my testing progress, and every other plot twist I have added in since then. I also intend to update all of my plot developments to use the change in narrative style that I started to implement during the February reporting cycle, and plan for everything to have full naming implemented to ascertain who's who at points where identities still have to be referenced. Finishing the next dungeon build that I'm working on is also on target for this cycle, and I plan for it to end with a major plot twist that none will see coming.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was away this days here in the forum but it was for a good cause!
The trailer of the demo of Luke Inn is on youtube and I am so happy!
I need to see the bugs of the game but I am happy that I have new content to show!

The last part of the modern interior will be ready soon. This will be a B-tile. With interior items for the kitchen, bathroom, toilet and storage room.
This frantic shooting ARPG plugin for MZ looks really great. Here is the link to a post from the official Japanese RPG Maker forum.
We start in 5 minutes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ransen