cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Still trying to finish that quest from last month, but I've hit a creative roadblock. Time to create some hype in the meantime...

Last edited:

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@bgillisp yikes good luck! (on an unrelated note, I've always pronounced your username as "Big lisp" do you have an actual pronunciation you use? :unsure:)
@Marquise* Stay strong pal!
:MV1:

Alright, I'll (probably) edit this later depending on how much more work I get done, but I'm almost done on part 1 of my game. (right now all that's left to map is the player's house and the mayor's office)
Overworld map of part 1-
Map006.png
I'm hoping to have enough done before I go to bed to have a test version of part 1 playable.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not a milestone per se but I'm in the process of building out achievements for tracking game progression, side objectives etc. May also throw one in for preloads, founders etc. though given the core subject from which I'm building the crew it may be excessively difficult in getting a first-mover badge to work in the context of my project.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Fiddling with my battle system a bit and realized that I only have target-based scripted skill/item effects for if the skill/item hits... So I decided to add the capability to have on-miss target-based effects too. So now my battle system can handle target-based effects that run on-hit, on-miss or both.

Take note that when I say target-based, it means it runs for every target of the action. This also affects the effects meant for the caster as well as long as its set as target-based (like for example an effect meant to recover your life per target)

I'm also on the process of making the last buyable weapons and a set of secret weapons that players can get if they managed to follow the "secrets" throughout the game.

Pix3M

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My plan when I hit a creative roadblock: Put my effort into something minor. A friend suggested I would be really great at writing ridiculous descriptions of artifacts in my setting where these facts either get lost or exaggerated. The plastic spork and the coke knock-off I couldn't really think of a way to make amusing, but still useful for me to flesh out my setting.

Attachments

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Following on my first-mover comment I have done a bit of research and I am considering making it a hybrid of sorts. As in a challenging process for most people but for supporters and first movers I would simply give it away. That way everyone has a chance to enjoy the full experience while providing an optional mission that will provide you with a sizable bonus.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Engr. Adiktuzmiko : Yeah, it's a brick. Guess that is what happens with a 20 - 25 hour game (though my tester is taking about 2x that time).
@Chiara : I considered it but since some of the towns change in the story too I decided a slightly different approach in the end. And there's no real way to pronounce it, it was just the user name my college assigned me as a freshman back in the DOS days when we could only use 8 letters, and I stuck with it.
@TriceratopsX : It's taken a while to make too.

3.2 Update
-Worked on the guide some more. Chapters 1 - 4 are final now, pending me updating one screenshot.
-Added more fixes based on what my tester has provided. They are on Chapter 9 now!

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I've got a fair bit playable now (it's rough, but it works) and I now have the plot mapped out a bit more. Thus far I have up till the first boss done, I have an idea for the 3rd, 4th, and 7th bosses plots and I have an idea that should make the final boss a fair bit more interesting. It's still pretty barebones, but after a discussion with my younger brother I think we've worked out a plot-twist I doubt many will see coming. :p

Also for my own sake, I've split my game up into four parts (based on where things fall in relation to each other on the world map) and looking at the calendar if I give myself 2 weeks per section (and assume I meet each of those deadlines) I should be able to finish this right before Easter Sunday. Then if I give myself a week or two to playtest it and iron the kinks out, I should have this thing completed by May

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Head start plan has been determined. I have decided to go with a plan by which the supporter achievement unlocks automatically for early adoption, or for the completionist set among us who unlock everything. For technical reasons this only applies to the Steam version; all other stores and platforms will be handled accordingly (e. g. for GameJolt and/or PlayStation the completionist job would translate to platinum completion).

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
3.3 Update:
-Fixed the images I needed to for Chapter 4, and as soon as I add the part for Tall Oak the Strategy Guide is done for Chapters 1 - 7 now. Also started work on a section on how to complete all of the side quests.
-For those wondering how big it is, it says it is 296 pages right now.

Ryisunique

Detective, AUEI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
With the coming of spring and opening of my store area, I'm getting three days off on my schedule. I'll take it.

Goals, fixing the maps on Curious Cases. I'm on mobile right now, but my game thread was updated with a second drafts of the first floor and the basement. I gotta work on the second basement room and the upper floor. Once I gather credits for a few things I've lost, I can make a text file for tiles that I've found and forgot to save the source.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
0.8.2 brings a small redesign to the convent check-in phase. To make it more believable in terms of access provisions I decided to connect the convent headquarters with its associated township by way of transerver access. Of course it's community-only so you can't pass through on your own... or at least until you receive the master key, thereby allowing you to unlock (almost) everything no matter the origin. But its infusion will be made known if you ask around so there's no confusion on that matter.

Another Ned

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Engr. Adiktuzmiko : The on miss effect sounds like a pretty neat idea and like it could lead to really cool accuracy-for-cool-effects trade-offs.
@bgillisp : Good to hear you found an approach that works (btw, I wasn't the one asking for pronunciation but it's still fun to hear that you just stuck with the name for so long xD).

Progress Update
:
  • updated the sketches I had before I iterated on the layout in-editor to reflect the current layout
  • reread my bachelor's thesis to remember the workflow I used back then (I also found that I don't feel any resentment toward it anymore, even though it was what caused the burnout I still haven't fully recovered from five years later. That's good). The way I approached it back then was finding a theme for the overall aesthetic, doing some research and (quick) studies, and then deciding on a clear aesthetic direction culminating in a key visual. To prevent my brain from becoming super distracted again, I decided to start with finding a theme for the aesthetic first. Which is the hardest thing to do -- but also the most important to me. AND. While typing this, a first idea struck me. Now I only need a second part to make it interesting but isn't it the best when posting progress turns out to be progress as well?
My next step is mulling over the thought I had and finding a second component for it, so I have a theme to work with.

Nekohime1989

Cat Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Finish the prologue and outside areas of Manor Mouse so I can release a demo. That's my goal. Here's a screenshot of what I'm working on right now.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[mod]Just a little reminder to everyone[/mod]
This isn't the thread for directly advertising your game with links to your game page/web site, or requests for people to check it out. Let's stick to reporting progress (or lack of it!) on our goals.

Thanks.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I agree that it's a tricky proposition for doing so. On one side it can be useful for progress reasons (such as when you just released your demo, or if you're ready to launch into final builds or early access) but on the other it should be on-topic ant straight-up relevant so balancing that against your intentions still needs to be considered.

On a separate note, 0.8.3 brings a redesign/rewrite to the second orbulon mission to implement the explorative progression that I've already built out as a progression component in some of the other dungeons. The idea here is to work off an objective-based progression system comparable to Zelda-series blockages for which you need a special key of sorts to hack and remove a series of roadblocks (and off the same principle as well) until you get close to your objective which of course requires its own separate key to hack before you can deal with the endgame boss for that mission).

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Hem showing everyone a small bust in desat of Matseb's Gwen for Snares Of Ruins series. May or may not be used that way;SmallGwen2.png
I dunno why... it seems some of my .png s have troubles to load here o_O Had to adjust in W10 photo settings. Grr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness :LZSgrin:
I am excite.
Actor2_4 added!

I Didnt Like or Disagree with @Andar Due to Him Saying this when We talk about VX (Not Ace): VX is the worst version of the RPG-Makers as it had only one tileset and is missing many features to improve the game development. It is a very bad choice to base a new project on.
It seems to me that I'm too lazy to make new MZ plugins with my full time job, so I'm porting my easy, simple and small MV plugins instead.
I hope I can port 1-2 such plugins per day, but this will be hard for me :)
just mechin' around this morning - MZ edit, feel free to use, must own MZ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
musicprod