BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Didn't consider that before @Kes. Anyway, the localization plan is moving along well (aside from modifications to data management overlays and some of the dialogue) and the base localization files are basically ready to go.

Punamaagi

Hero on their own terms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've had my share of failed attempts to participate in these threads, but hey - even if third time is not the charm, perhaps third month is?

The current 'Release Something' event has been tempting me, so I've decided to aim to release a demo for it, even though it's more of a two-month objective. For March, I could aim for finishing the part of the story needed for the demo, preparing the FSM tilesets for use and... well, fixing all the plot holes and other similar issues. >.>' While reading the threads in the General Discussion and the Game Mechanics forums can be useful, it's also made me realize that there's probably quite a few things I should fix or tweak in my game.

So far, I've made progress with the story, mostly. I've almost finished writing down the plot for the demo - finally - and as a sort of by-product of that, I've changed what weapons each character can equip (e.g. the delicate minstrel gets rapiers instead of bows, and the hunter-sorcerer gets bows rather than staves). I might take a look at accessories next. Part of me feels tempted to move onto updating the character designs (and busts) next, but I'll need a bit more practice with my tablet first.

Good luck to everyone with their goals! We can do this! :awink:

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
0.8.4 brings full autosave function to my project. This is something I've been wanting to do for awhile; however, I have just now figured out what to do for it to handle processing as envisioned in my design specification.

Another Ned

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Marsigne : Nice to see you in the thread again!
@Punamaagi : Maybe you could use the 'update designs' as tablet practice and only wait for the busts until you're a bit more practiced? I used my own (re-)designs back in January to get back into drawing at all while still making progress.

Progress Update:
  • not sure whether or not an aesthetic theme is the right approach anymore. The idea I had is working, and now I'm mostly thinking about materials -- one advantage of a contemporary-ish setting is that people have access to everything, but it also makes making design decisions so much harder because I have so many options. I'm thinking of wood, I'm thinking of fabrics and patterns, and am having way too much fun with this. I'm slowly getting to when I can actually do some sketches to see if those ideas actually hold up visually
  • while I was at it, also did some world building on the side: how manufacturing might work and how much it might cost, etc. given that teleportation has been around for centuries and there's various types of magic, etc.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Done with the secret weapons in the game (aka game breaking weapons, I think)

Aside from the highest stats, they come with unique effects

Staff - Delays target action slightly when you hit them with anything that deals HP damage
Sword - Increases your action speed (which can lead to more actions)
Spear - Makes your spear-based attacks deal 10% bonus damage

This is also the first time that I actually uaed my battle system's custom effect capability xD

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
More localized text to report. Not including the post-introduction sequence that jumps twenty years to start the story I have now officially run the opening cutscene through processing for translation.

EDIT: First quarter of the twenty year catch-up is now translated accordingly.

Last edited:

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@TheoAllen That's a neat looking victory screen, but what I'm really curious about is that +1 perk. Does it let the player unlock party skills?

I've gone through my most recent projects' common events and written down all the little notes I'd stuck in them randomly, but I realized that I actually stuck some notes in normal events too... I really need to fix my bad habit of just jotting down cool things I find in whatever events I currently have open. :rswt That will take a while, but for now I'm happy that I found some interesting things.

With the announcement of the release something event, I decided I should aim to make a game for it. It won't be anything too fancy, but I thought it'd be fun to use a bunch of resources I found on the forum to make the game. Also, it's interesting to figure out how to make conversations and battles look different than the defaults.
talk test.png

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That's a neat looking victory screen, but what I'm really curious about is that +1 perk. Does it let the player unlock party skills?
Yep, that is the important part of leveling up. You get a point to buy something to upgrade the characters :D

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
On a total brain fart I just got done with some adjustments to my strategy for supply stash translations off my trade name approach that I previously implemented. In doing so, I came up with PowerPure for the purification assist and set Vitaliz for the catch-all (and yes, it is spelled that way). However, I still can't shake the obvious naming parallel for the knockout assist. I'd honestly be kicking my own [expletive] if I had to pull out a page from another storybook and translate off Phoenix Down because of the obvious issue with established associations... and especially when it's giving me such a bad case of writer's block as a matter of the relevant consequence. (Though as I stated before, I'm not a legal practitioner of any kind so don't quote me on terms of the situation.)

Ryisunique

Detective, AUEI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Engr. Adiktuzmiko if they break the game, does the camera crack as a good joke?

@hiddenone better than forgetting though.

Well, I've been playing with events all day. Mostly. I've been going through and finding out that I've forgotten several transfers, starting positions and having the program go 'nope, you can't do that' and closing the playtest. The simulation is complete, I believe. I'll need to test it again, a couple of more times. I've had problems with Shadow not appearing. Then the lab needs to be set up so it will run the last part of the opening scene before switching to the main characters on a different map.

And my title screen card needs to be fixed. Kinda want the menu section to actually match the computer screen.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Engr. Adiktuzmiko if they break the game, does the camera crack as a good joke?

@hiddenone better than forgetting though.

Well, I've been playing with events all day. Mostly. I've been going through and finding out that I've forgotten several transfers, starting positions and having the program go 'nope, you can't do that' and closing the playtest. The simulation is complete, I believe. I'll need to test it again, a couple of more times. I've had problems with Shadow not appearing. Then the lab needs to be set up so it will run the last part of the opening scene before switching to the main characters on a different map.

And my title screen card needs to be fixed. Kinda want the menu section to actually match the computer screen.
Kinda like me tonight in seeing what I can reasonably pull off in terms of presentation upgrades (seeing that I decided to experiment with Dragonbones-based assets for enemy forces to name an example). I did have to change a boss design to accommodate this (however the animation overlay was already predetermined, which made the design transition a bit easier to deal with).

As for additional Dragonbones-based assets I think I'll see if anyone can point me to materials that may be of use in the course of implementing this design shift.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
3.9 Update:
-Fixed the bugs my tester found while playing the entire game. Also nerfed the final fight, seems in all my waves of testing I was making it harder each time, to the point where I could consistently lose it. Needless to say my tester had no chance. Nerfed it down to something that is hopefully much more doable, though I may save the extreme version for a superboss somewhere.

Marsigne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Chiara Thanks! I've released a cutscene, but looks like it was supposed to be linked to a game. I won't be active here for 2 weeks or so though as I'm focusing on something else.
@bgillisp True story.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Arh I really wanna post here my kitty faces for all to color and my recent animation bit of Hank Anderson from Snares Of Ruins ^^

Got a surprise one. Maybe I got overkill!

bigcalsworld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
After a few more months of doing nothing, I finally loaded up RPG Maker VX Ace again last week and got to work. My goal was to finish up everything I'd started on so far, and release it as a demo. Well last night I finally got it to a point where I was happy with a demo release... so I compressed the game into an EXE file, uploaded it, shared the link with a few friends and... discovered they were all getting an error during the first cut scene. Yey...

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After a few more months of doing nothing, I finally loaded up RPG Maker VX Ace again last week and got to work. My goal was to finish up everything I'd started on so far, and release it as a demo. Well last night I finally got it to a point where I was happy with a demo release... so I compressed the game into an EXE file, uploaded it, shared the link with a few friends and... discovered they were all getting an error during the first cut scene. Yey...
Reminds me of the time I spent perfecting my own demo to clean review. That and checking the JSON files to sort out parse read issues once I got translation to work.

In the meantime I am returning to another part of past presentation features and doing cutscene clips for certain plot developments. One in particular involves the retrofit scenario and - this was entirely my idea - the way it works now is that you actually get to see her assist system boot up for the first time as she adjusts to its presence as it starts to do its work on her.

Bonkers

Get ready to be Wowed!
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very excited to restart Silver Town's sequel again for the 29th birthday bash.
Fixes

Cut scenes after water elemental victory needs Booty Sprite to appear. X
If this persists I will simply check it as a switch or delete and redo the event for the sprite

Water Elemental Transitions in battle happen too fast. Consider upping HP again for boss and players. X
Players are not given much in the way of group heals or TP spenders. I am considering to fix that so play doesn't feel so limiting against enemies or bosses. This boss had it's hp originally cut in half, and I feel while it speeds up the plot it takes away from the strategy and team work of the fight once Shade joins and adds Libra. Each form has a different weakness and strength, Libra is a free action, and the player should be given more to feel more powerful. There is no margin for error. I will consider raising everyone's hp to make a better buffer.

Guard # 1 now burns in agony as intended. His behavior is still a bit rough, but it is functioning.

Fix alignment on booty's walking sprite. X
Booty is finally has his land legs.

Fix Emmet's position in the lunch table cutscene X

Fix alignment and behaviors on Booty's walk in save menu sprites and Alma's laugh. XX
All 3 actors are now perfectly aligned and display behaviors for their 2nd save onward in the slot. Behaviors will not update on empty slots and must first have a save present.

Fix Battle improper battle animations. X
Booty's Blow the man down is perfect
Now work on Shade and the others.

Put a sound effect on the spike switch in Booty's Quarters. XXX
Pressing on the switch gave no indication it activated anything. A SE and shake screen was added so the player would know it removed the spikes allowing access to the stairs.

Lower ambient volumes. This is a persisting issue which will be constantly addressed depending on headphones or
speaker modes, I wish to separate them somehow based on player preference.

Load in all new materials and freebies from Final Boss Blues ******* I missed. Had to buy one of them due to my
being away for so long despite being an active ******* the entire time, but he deserves the extra 6 bucks =D XXXX

Make Battle backs
This will be after I do the spread sheets.

EDIT: Spread Sheet is constructed and is getting a firm balance treatment.
Now Players will have more breathing room and combat will allow for more mistakes for newer players at the start and the first boss fight.

Make proper title screen featuring main cast. The dummy screen was an old April fool's joke.

Update Spreadsheets and re balance boss and new enemy encounters. (In Progress)

Update Artificing system so players can make mods from the start and write a short tutorial detailing what they can do.

Add a character with Runic power, now that the system is working and available.

Finish Alma's battle animations. Shade and Booty's are complete, but Booty's anchor and cannon are still placeholders made by Avery's original ship tile set and not TF.

Align Emmet and Booty to other characters standard walking sprites, and also fixed Alignment on Emmet's and Booty's
Behaviors XXXX

Replace the current Ship sprite with the update TF ship sprite.
-------------------------------

Dungeons and Towns

Need to fix major pathing issues in ship's hulls and map and topside.

Port City of Ursalia Shade's Fish and Chips stand. Cut-scene area is finished, but the town must be finished and
lead into the faerie cave.

Create 2 more bosses, and 20 more enemies stating them completely.

Make an artifice list full of shiny tempting magical devices for the player to explore and have fun with.
Currently have Necklace of defense, Ring of Healing, Attack, Magic, Luck, and HP mods.

Tower of Trials - Main maps are finished, but the exterior maps and ladders must be sprited and aligned. Tower should connect to farie cave, gypsy camp, and town.

Gypsy Camp - Completely unusable due to mismanaged tile sets and must be redone from scratch. Need to get a wagon/Gypsy wagon in Time Fantasy Style or make one myself similar to Sharm's Pixel Myth.

Suggestions:
Add unique sounds per character dialogue box. This will probably not be implemented this build or release. Mostly for flavor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

A hilarious video at the beginning

What kind of drinks does a bar populated entirely by monsters serve?
Ami
--- Cheating Part 2 ---

F.Healer: Ahh,This item really expensive!
F.Mage: What should we do?
Hero: Don't worry,i can use this (Activate 999999999G,Suddenly The Game Police Is Watching)
Game Police:Ehem!!! (I See You Gesture)
Hero: (Gulp)...Just...forget it...

Second bust is almost ready. I have to stop for now, but I wanted to show him off. Just have to do a handful of edits and the rest of his expressions will be done.
Kupotepo wrote on casper667's profile.
Thank you @casper667 for make many amazing plugins. Do you see right @hiddenone make the blogs about your plugins?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shineonyou