Not open for further replies.

bigcalsworld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Woo seems I have fixed my error issues. Got a friend playing through the entire demo atm to make sure there are no more issues :D. Then I can finally get started on some new locations and whatnot for the game!

atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I set myself the goal to complete the story outlines, and scenes with all the dialogue, that I'm working on with my new project by the end of the month. Even if it's just a 1st draft, for now.

I've now sorted out a lot of the major characters and what they're like as well as some locations in the world that they each come from and live in. I think my next aim is to focus on world building, so the world feels more alive and not just there for the characters alone. Hopefully that'll go well.

I would be faster at this if I could do more in a day, but we'll see, I'll be able to evetually am sure, and this pace is still going somewhere, which is good!

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just hit another milestone with a twist you're not gonna see coming. For 0.8.6 I have it so that once you're in the process of gathering the requisite sacred armaments you have to face surprises from the past. Some of this was already built and written, but I have now added in a major development involving one of your crew members. What happens is that your crew mystic is revealed to have a past association with the supposed fool at the heart of what caused the events to set things up. At this early point it's just a deeper understanding of the metaphysical history but ultimately it becomes something far worse (despite her caution to the eventual nemesis in the deal). I also decided in the course of writing this part that rather than forcing a separation over differing ideologies I'd have it to where they mutually agree to follow their own respective paths after this.... although it obviously helps in understanding her reaction to what happens during the pregame sequence in terms of setting things up for what's coming.

Also, building on the previously-mentioned cutscene clip for the assist system boot sequence I have utilized the asset materials as a guide for the part where everyone comes together for post-op recon and expanded the in-engine portion accordingly while also fitting in a more detailed explanation for what another crew member has experienced during the course of this sequence which now springs off a rather unanticipated arrival in the recovery ward.

Last edited:

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Progress on part 1 is going smoothly-ish, everytime my brother tests it he finds some other broken thing ;_; though it is better to find these problems now, rather than towards the end, also the things that WERE broke lead me to some other things that weren't working quite right and I fixed those before they became problems, so that's nice :D:thumbsup-right:

Also started on a tower defense thing, might use it in one of my other projects (y'know if I could get it to work)

Sauteed_Onion

Mmm Tasty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I put some pretty hard core work in to a very compact area of my game, still want to add more to it, but, I don't mind the slower progress in that regard. I vege'd out ridiculous levels on Final Fantasy XIV for like 20 days now. Maybe a day or two less than that, but it's time to get back to mapping out a little nature trail that links the starter area to the first real "town". I won't begrudge myself for not sticking on map encounters in this month.. I'll procrastinate and put that off for April.

Also

Bonkers

Bioware, do you need a nap?
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally got done with my stats for the current demo, and I can see a number of you have made progress as well.

@hiddenone That would be an immensely great message system for a vn or a comic style rpg. Will you be using overlays to spike the bubbles or exchange bubbles for thoughts, etc?
@TheoAllen I loved the screen shots, and the idea of being able to progress the characters through skill points sounds nice. I hope you'll be posting some shots of the options availible to players.
@Punamaagi If you are having issues with getting your plot related troubles squared away I can give you some time this weekend if you have the script or outline together. Many of the obstacles with game creation tend to be just people overthinking simple things. Just remember no one needs to see what's behind the curtain, so if something doesn't fit just cut it. That will make the dev process that much quicker and you can always add things back in after it's complete.
@BreakerZero What language was the demo in before? I only ask since it says English is your primary language.
@Chiara Hey your here too! It will be exciting to see what you come up with this time. If you are having issues with going with more contemporary styles and keeping things simple, try artstation for some inspiration.
@Engr. Adiktuzmiko It always nice to see classes get boosts for their intended equipment.

As for me, I've managed to get all the bosses and enimies for the current demo stated. Next till be the long list of items, mods, skills, relic, diadems, supplements, and crafting lists. Then it will be onto damage formulas, and also parsing the note tags to have the correct animations play. This is the most planning I've put into a project yet, and I feel it will pay off nicely.

After that it will be completing a character's battle animation sheet. I'll need to do just one more character battler sheet after that for Willard. I still need to see if I can add the command 'turn undead' directly to the battle options this time, rather than have it in the skill menu hidden between all the other skills.

I still need a decent title screen, as well as a few visual assets for cut scenes. By next week my spread sheet should be completed and ready to implement into the game files. What I have now in the actual project are just placeholders and tests for all the things I wanted to try and get working. I promise to have some visual updates soon, but this is the core mechanics and meat of the game come first. I'll work on making it pretty with the second month of time once things are balanced and stable.

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I fixed a game-breaking problem in my project today. (which served as a healthy reminder not to screw with plugin settings and then forget about it) And progress on part one is continuing pretty much on track, and I'm feeling pretty confident that I can finish it before Friday (y'know so long as I don't break it again :p)

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To answer the question @Bonkers it's an English-only demo because I wasn't running any localization ideas yet. I'm running dialogue intentions through Google for the rest, though a professional, native perspective would obviously be ideal long-term. But at this early stage I'm not as concerned so long as I get the message across with the requisite accuracy. Only thing getting me in localization right now more than anything is the status assists. In this case I was able to trade-name my poison purification and catch-all for multilingual targeting. However - and I'm no legal expert - the knockout assist is particularly tricky in that department (and also so decidedly obvious) without dealing with established associations on which I obviously wish to not cross lines.

bigcalsworld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Goal for the rest of the month is to use the day & night cycle script more. ATM its just there to change the tint throughout the day, and make a boss show up between certain times at night lol. I finally got a common event working last night to make it identify if it was day or night and turn on/off switches so I can have my NPC's act different during the day and then at night. But I've hit a roadblock as ideally I want any NPC's wandering about the villages/towns etc to go home at night time, but for now all they do is disappear from where ever they are standing and appear inside their homes, which isn't exactly great. So I gotta think about how to go about it.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Goal for the rest of the month is to use the day & night cycle script more. ATM its just there to change the tint throughout the day, and make a boss show up between certain times at night lol. I finally got a common event working last night to make it identify if it was day or night and turn on/off switches so I can have my NPC's act different during the day and then at night. But I've hit a roadblock as ideally I want any NPC's wandering about the villages/towns etc to go home at night time, but for now all they do is disappear from where ever they are standing and appear inside their homes, which isn't exactly great. So I gotta think about how to go about it.
Which I have long since done myself. I am just now getting it to work as intended, though.

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've started editing sprites for some monster villagers, and this Goblin Child is now my favorite thing! :kaojoy:
Screenshot (589).png
Edit: And now I have a mother for the Goblin child
Screenshot (590).png

Last edited:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@bigcalsworld and @BreakerZero Discussing this question would take the thread off-topic. It would be better done via pm.
Thanks.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
First I made projectile trails for the lul
Then it actually can do better than just a trail :D

@Bonkers while I'm not actually trying to hide some screenshot of the perk menu options, I do prefer not to show it here just because. Better y'all wait for my game demo or try to look around, I did post the screenshot somewhere lol.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Trying to figure out an unexpected performance glitch this morning (surface world is a case of lag city for some unknown reason which is an obvious annoyance). Tried to fix it straight up with plugin checks/redactions but it is holding up the clearance of 0.8.7 which adds a few more localized implementations of common terms and dialogue along with a change to my project's use of the abort battle function at certain points in the scope of the plot. Based how a trial of shifting the processing of the overnight screen tint I may be posting a request for assistance to figure out what happened. (For now I will just say that it may possibly be from the current implementation using a common event for the screen tint.)

EDIT : I should note that it hasn't been an issue before. Also, something broke my game load as well so I am making it to be a submenu that runs off the built-in title screen which is slightly awkward due to Yanfly save core and the number of save slots provided.

EDIT 2: I may rewrite a few things as well so I can reduce the number of event calls on the surface map and possibly improve performance from that.

EDIT 3: Still nothing. Only just started happening with unrelated default script mods so I'm opening a support request.

EDIT 4: Changed the support request. The plot portions I had as a map event for the surface world did more harm than good. I moved them to placeholder storage in the category root that I put together while I look into alternative options for the implementation (partly because this involves a series of dynamic, plot-related soundtrack shifts in addition to general scriptwriting elements).

Last edited:

Ryisunique

Detective, AUEI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just ended up organizing myself. Listed out the maps to make, a couple of plans for NPCs, game play and engine tasks.

Another graphics spree is in order soon.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally repaired the logbook checksum notice using backup data from the sequel base. Now I just have to look into figuring out what I should do to get the menu to work the way it did before as it's still sending me back to "press a to begin" off either the preferences menu or canceling the logbook selection which may call for a workaround so I'm opening yet another request for assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Kid : "MOOOMM! My poop is bloody red!" Me, an intellectual : "There's worm parasite inside your body. You gonna die soon."
Caught a guy trying to break into our house today. Appearantly he intended to burgle our neighbor (a 94yo widow) but picked the wrong house. Faced with two angry males he was quick to give up without a fight...
I just joined the club of nerds making their own Excel-Sheets to calculate HP / MP / EXP.. parameter curves
Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*
If I recorded while I created (what I think is) a small plugin, would you be interested enough in the process to watch it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lanzy