BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
0.8.12 and the launcher has been updated to function as a resource censor. What this means is that assets for which I cannot apply MV's encryption will only exist in package modules and will be extracted and deleted as necessary depending on whether or not the game is active. This also means that I will be skipping Windows 7 support regardless of completion date because the implementation uses a series of calls to Windows functions to unpack the assets when required (via Microsoft PowerShell) and this cannot be guaranteed on Windows 7 if the ascribed .NET release is out of date (which I verified in community research off a series of Google results and StackOverflow requests). This also means that a loading notification has been added to the launcher to disavow any confusion.

I'm also jumping a milestone because of a small but important QoL improvement. Seeing as I have totally, 100% customized my startup menu I originally had it set to offer logbook access even without actual logbook data. I have now updated this behavior using a conditional to detect the DataManager.isAnySavefileExists flag, so that in the event that the logbook is empty you will not be able to use the logbook interface without first entering confessional (or saving checkpoint data at a minimum).

Ryisunique

Detective, AUEI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Whelp, end of the month and I won't be able to work on my project tonight. I did get a good portion done on my mapping, even starting on the college campus and thinking about the others. My events I was still working on. I can't get Shadow to follow directly behind and I have problems getting the music to change and match. That and switching people and maps. It fades, but it doesn't come back. Oh, well. That's next month.

Chiara

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I started out well-ish but then life things piled up so barely any progress since my last post. Or none. At least I don't remember any. But I made progress in life things, so that's nice!
I didn't meet my March goals, but at least I moved closer toward them throughout the month, so I take it as a win anyway.

The first week of April I won't have any time for my project besides very tiny things, so I already wish everyone a productive start of the next month!

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I am going to be somewhat busy for the next 3 weeks, so I guess I won't get that much done. Gonna continue work on the warfare system for "War on Christmas".
Goal: Create movement, attack and portrait sprites for 3 new units.
Stretch goal: Get the basics for buildings done. (unlikely probably gonna be goal for april)
Goal failed, only got portraits and sprite for Elf unit done. Instead I used the time to redesign the UI.
I'll move my goal and stretch goal along into april.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, here is how I did:

-Finish the Strategy Guide. I've got the main plot done, and most of the optional dungeons done. Debating how to handle the towns as you can go to them at many different places, and if I include them everywhere you can reach them the guide will hit 500 pages easy, so I need a way to consolidate them. Also need to add a section on how to do the side quests as well still. Done. Ended up with around 330 pages.
-Fix any bugs reported from testing. My tester is in Chapter 7 now, and I've fixed all the reported bugs for Chapters 1 - 4 so far. I'm having them report Chapters 5 - 7 at once so it's wait for those now. Done. Tester finished the game, fixed reported bugs.
-Come up with a better title screen, if possible. Not done. May leave the current title screen.
-Update the Manual. I changed a few skills and menus so need to edit it to match. Not done.
-Update the trailer. Started, not finished.
-Odds and ends on the business side. Started, not finished.

So pretty close. I'm right now at the point where I need to play the game through again, but I'm waiting a week or two first. Will return to this in April.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
End of month report for milestone 0.9.0:
  • Fixed an early mission to account for a missed objective adjustment that would otherwise hold up progression
  • Implemented a safe passage ability to protect the crew from injury off swampland microbes and any future implementations of field hazard zones
  • Rewrote the coronary scene to use animated video data to add an extra sense of realism (still a work in progress but already partially implemented)
  • Added a launcher to censor confidential game assets
  • Changed the script to include narrative components during select cutscenes
  • Updated the post-credits content to further set things up for what's to come
  • Updated the containment scenario for proper flow by positioning guards at the egress gates from a prior mission and blocking off unnecessary locations for an extended sense of urgency
  • Updated the menu screen to detect the DataManager.isAnySaveFileExists() condition
  • General balancing, maintenance, supply, field/battle skill and loadout adjustments and fixes
EDIT: I should also note that I am removing Windows 7 from platform support due to possible release delay off the European Rights Reform/Copyright Directives in conjunction with the the official, "drop-dead" date of 14 January 2020. Please refer to the latest Microsoft support advisory for a complete and total understanding of all information regarding this decision.

Last edited:

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I was supposed to be brave this month so I tackled a wee bit too many of my net fears;
Taking my 300+ e-mails
Opening a Itch.io account
doing the digital paperwork for it

And bonus directly RPGM related;
Finished Hanks hairs in the wind movement animated I wish @Matseb2611 had told me it was all right to show everyone here and I did also color for kitty face for everyone;
CalicoContemplative.png CalicoNoFXContemplative.png LightCalicoContemplative.png And now in a few hours maybe be one of the first to do free tax clinic and community RDV and other paperwork for city housing... and get DC to SOLI then MrC a day after because thursday EXTERMINADAY aaaaaaaaah~!

Addendum for @Matseb2611
HairsHankAnimtest.gif

Last edited:

CrushedMeat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've made a new battler for my game.
Let me introduce you to ... Crazy Maid!
Although her nickname is scary, her personality
is completely opposite, sweet, kind, friendly...
you can tell by looking at her picture, right =D

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@CrushedMeat That would probably be better in the April thread.

RL pressures didn't ease up much, so let's see how I've done against my goals:
  • Map one location. Done
  • Do the database and sprite work for the enemies there. Made a tiny start
  • Do one mini-quest which gets you to an optional boss. Half done
  • My non-modest goal - totally change my battle system. Making progress, but new bugs keep emerging every time I squash one of them.

migs

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
Other
Progress on part 1 is going smoothly-ish, everytime my brother tests it he finds some other broken thing ;_; though it is better to find these problems now, rather than towards the end, also the things that WERE broke lead me to some other things that weren't working quite right and I fixed those before they became problems, so that's nice :D:thumbsup-right:

Also started on a tower defense thing, might use it in one of my other projects (y'know if I could get it to work)
can you please teach me how to make tower defense :D

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

migs, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

In addition, you are hi-jacking a thread - that is, asking a question which is completely off-topic for the purpose of this thread, which was for people to state goals for the month and report on their progress against those goals.

I suggest you start a thread in the Support thread for the engine you are using.

Closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So looks like the last Star Wars movie sucked. We feared George would kill his own legacy after Episode 1. But look like he handed off to others to put it out of its misery. Does that count as assisted suicide?
Brother made thumbnails for my Lets Plays. He's a swood dude.
Since I'm getting so busy (the fact that I'm often here is due to the fact that this is my procrastination #1 destination), I'm trying a new system where everyday I dedicate 30 minutes to my personal game project. That way it won't fall into the abyss.
In today's seminar:
Presenter: In the past, there was a saying, "One who has tuberculosis is doomed for life." But now-
Everyone: *starts coughing in unision*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marsa16