Kodots Games & Eureka
Presents

tuHi0ss.png
YpqWzlK.png

dywEb51.jpg

S91Is3U.png

2cOZX2A.png

MARGO - On the Brink

MARGO - On the Brink (Working Title) is a surreal adventure/RPG with a traditional turn-based combat. You play as a nameless girl with no recollection of the past trapped inside the depth of the crumbling realities called the "The Brink". You must guide her in her quest to find what has been lost and restore the shattered world. It will not be an easy journey as the hostile entities called "The Watchers" are patrolling the ground. Draw strength from the benevolent entities called the "Whispers" to stand up against the Watchers and climb your way up to escape the broken world.

zky9LmN.png

The Game

MARGO
is developed as an adventure RPG with a slow-paced deliberate combat-system that requires no grinding. The game features no random encounter. The enemy placement is fixed and they will not respawn after being defeated. Inspired by the table-top board games/card games, MARGO combat is slow-paced and each and every action must be taken deliberately to survive.

This unique battle system is custom-made and we are currently developing it from the ground up. (Still a long way to go:kaodes:)

yVq5SiH.gif

The Characters

nLngqSO.png

Screenshots

fAHPUPd.png

hggliGm.png

7B3ibrG.png

EeciEAG.png

bkS79Jr.gif

iUEUFC9.gif

3JIDj2g.gif

Media

Battle System (Prototype)

First 12 Minutes Playthrough

nlNlY5Z.png

ziuCuof.png

Team

@SomaelCK
@HaruAkira
@Edgeklinge

Hi all! After releasing Wanda - A Beautiful Apocalypse, I've started several projects but ended up completing nothing due to many unforeseeable stuff in life. However, I decided to join last year global game jam and ended up making a short game called Brink. The team love the concept and decided to develop it into a full-fledged game. We renamed it to MARGO - On the Brink. Hope to share more about the game soon!

Many thanks for reading through this thread. Would appreciate hearing your thoughts!

Yanfly
Mog
Shaz
Galv
魔王魂
SumRndmDde
Exhydra
Tsukimi
Boris "Blizzard" Mikić
Irina
TheGreenKel
Hime - Himeworks
Shora
TAASpider

Last edited:

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
bkS79Jr.gif

Hello folks! It has been a long time since we last update about our project! (Exactly 1 year!). Due to unforeseen circumstances and political unrest in my country, we had to halt the project for several months.

The good thing is, we are back on track now and we've several major update for our project!

First of all, here is the new 4K artwork for the game.

dywEb51.jpg

This will be our main promotional art. Let's know what you think about this.

Gameplay Loop

3JIDj2g.gif

MARGO will be a grind-free turn-based RPG with soft-core roguelite/card-battle elements. The game will featured 5 main dungeons with 1 DLC dungeon planned. Player can gain new skills and upgrades as random cards in dungeons.

They have to make use of the randomness to their advantage to conquer the challenges in the dungeon. Quitting the dungeon without completing or getting a gameover will wipe the cards/skill in your hands and you will have to start from the square one again. However, the progress will be saved once you cleared a dungeon. You don't have to start over from first dungeon again, even if you failed in the second dungeon.

As you progress, you will gain permanent currency that could be used to directly manipulate the odds in your favor. The more you play, the luckier you will be.

More friends, more power!

iUEUFC9.gif

You draw power from the mysterious entities called the "Whispers". Once you unlocked a Whisper, new cards and skills related to it will start to drop in dungeon. They will get stronger as you progress and you will have more cards and skills to use in battles. Strategically plan and use them in battles to chain the combos and turn the tides in your favor!

Gameplay Footage

Have a look at pre-alpha game-play of MARGO sans the battle system. We are hoping to release a playable demo soon!

That's all for now! Let me know what you think about our game and its gameplay loop.

Cheers!

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Added Shora's Dynamic Light/Shadow engine to the stealth section of my game. Looks pretty I guess?

27Mjwcg.png

Cq553oQ.png

Kaylie

Enraged Meditator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really like the stained glass art! No grinding clan unite!

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really like the stained glass art! No grinding clan unite!
Haha thanks! No grinding as in traditional RPG sense, but you gotta still have to run the dungeon multiple times to get the luck you needed, as in roguelike style.

Kaylie

Enraged Meditator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A title I'm working on also boast no grinding along the main story progression as well as a side game mode that is a true roguelike. We seems to have quite a bit in common here. I'd love to playtest your game if you'd like.

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A title I'm working on also boast no grinding along the main story progression as well as a side game mode that is a true roguelike. We seems to have quite a bit in common here. I'd love to playtest your game if you'd like.
Sure thing! Game's going to need a lot of balancing and playtesting. Going to let you know when the playable demo is up! Your project sounds amazing and looks amazing as well! It's always nice to see devs went out of their way and made feature-rich RM projects. Definitely going to check it out!

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Testing the water with 8 directional sprites.

R1zG0QO.gif

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lovely work. It always intrigues me how the best projects on this forum get the the least attention.

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lovely work. It always intrigues me how the best projects on this forum get the the least attention.
Thank you! We did disappear for a year (was a really bad year) without new updates, so the project never gained traction. Hopefully, we can push the game for real this time. :LZSsmile:

orange~

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
I think I saw this on reddit(?) The battle screenshot caught my attention. Really cool art style! The intro looks real smooth too! Keep at it!

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I saw this on reddit(?) The battle screenshot caught my attention. Really cool art style! The intro looks real smooth too! Keep at it!
Glad you noticed us! We'll have more to show for battle system soon!

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally, natural blinking!
Small thing but this has been bugging me for age. All thanks to @taaspider awesome plugin!
gxQUtTE.gif

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yRMekcF.gif

Made dashing sprites for all 8 directions. Another small thing but default walking sprite looks really weird when dashing in game.

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
New UIs for battle scene.
Previously we planned to make the theme of the battle UI change to match with the dungeon/battleback. We now decided against that because that's pushing it a bit too far on our workload. We simplified the UI and make them uniform for all battles for now.

NV4LMYs.gif

ts50

Romantic Rationalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Loving the look and feel of this game. Very unique. Does an excellent job with RM's potential.

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Loving the look and feel of this game. Very unique. Does an excellent job with RM's potential.
Thank you! We're excited to show more awesome stuff about the game. Stay tuned!:D

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It has been brought to my attention that the name of my main robot protagonist in bio-Synthetica (R3-M1) is a Star Wars character LOL Woops. Always Google search names. The new name of my robot is now K0-R1. :kaophew:
I'm considering making my own battlers from scratch, it seems like a daunting task, but I like the look of it so much...A_Miriam3.png
I picked up running again after a long time and managed to get from 2.25km to 7km in two weeks :3 Time to get rid of those covid kilos!
Have you ever wondered what the lives of the NPC's are like in your hero's story? Come an find out with us as we play, "A Story Beside" by Wayward Prophet :LZSexcite:

Never in my life did I dream that I would be the proud owner of 5 jellyfish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francis187