Kilgore Trout

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updated with a trailer and link to the website.

Anthyny

Mantis
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hah! This instantly reminded me of the melancholy of haruhi suxumiya. The second season was literally a respect if the same episode for like ten episodes til the guy realized he was stuck in a time loop.

gonna give this a try tonight hopefulky

Kilgore Trout

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updated Demo 7-July-2016

• Can play through the entire day!
  • More locations. More things to do. More music. More everything.
  • Can travel on bus. Reach locations: Phobos City, Pac Street, Moloch Headquarters
  • Use of Jay’s VariableMix plugin for dynamic music crossfades
  • Removed icon pop-ups
  • Dialogue choices now use HMSChoiceDisplayMode
  • Note: Current web demo does not run well on mobile devices
  • Note: “Quit” crashes game in web demo

Download (PC): http://rpgmaker.net/games/8513/Online: http://www.indiexpo.net/en/games/mars-underground-demo

alexanderarts

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just got RPG Maker MV (Haven't messed with RPG Maker since like... 2000?) I wanted to see how non-standard graphics would look since I don't really like the high-res tiny sprites look that the game has by default. I see you used a script to change the tile size, do you know any good resources for learning how to implement new graphics?

I played your newest Demo, it was funny and interesting, but I took the medicine in the afternoon on the second day and it made me fall asleep and reset the Demo, which I didn't expect. I'll try playing it again.

Also, what resolution is your game set to? I like the size of the sprites and so on.

Kilgore Trout

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I just got RPG Maker MV (Haven't messed with RPG Maker since like... 2000?) I wanted to see how non-standard graphics would look since I don't really like the high-res tiny sprites look that the game has by default. I see you used a script to change the tile size, do you know any good resources for learning how to implement new graphics?

I played your newest Demo, it was funny and interesting, but I took the medicine in the afternoon on the second day and it made me fall asleep and reset the Demo, which I didn't expect. I'll try playing it again.

Also, what resolution is your game set to? I like the size of the sprites and so on.

You a couple of options if you want to use lower res textures. You can resize the textures to 48x48. If you use 16x16 textures you can do this cleanly, just make sure when you resize you turn off any resampling options (in photoshop use "nearest neighbour".)

You could also use a plugin like Shaz's ChangeTileSize. There are instructions with the plugin.

Mars Underground is currently at 1024x600. I use 16x16 tilesets and Masked's MBS_MapZoom plugin to zoom the screen in 3 times. 

alexanderarts

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh okay, thanks Kilgore Trout. I think I am fine with the 48x48 textures, I just want them to appear large on screen, like a Playstation 1 RPG.

Kilgore Trout

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updated the first post with a new, improved description, new screenshots and more!

Last edited by a moderator:

Linard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello cool game  :)  What plugin did you use on your menu that there's a cancel button to support it on mobile?

Kilgore Trout

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The menus are all done using events along with Yanfly and Hime plugins. Touchable onscreen icon uses DMV Map Buttons.

Freank

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
good work ! :)  i saw it also on the facebook page of rpg maker mv :D  

Kilgore Trout

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Last edited by a moderator:

Kilgore Trout

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
After a year away in hibernation, trying to get this game finished, I've just released a new demo and updated my wesbsite.
The new Mars Underground demo let’s you play through a single cycle of the time loop.

There's a lot of changes and improvements since the last demo (it's been almost a year), a lot more you can potentially see and do. I think it's worth playing through more than once now...

Check it out

dbchest

Beast Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh my, this looks wonderful.

Jayje

THE One-Man Indie!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I played the demo. It's great. Nice job!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

HexMozart88 wrote on Citali's profile.
Kikuo!
The lack of bike trails and bungee jump areas in this city should be criminalized.
SF_Actor3_8 added!

A recent screenshot that I also shared on Reddit and the likes, links in my signature if you want to follow :)

I am starting to get a hang of this parallaxing mapping business. Still inexperienced, but at least I can be a lot more creative now :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Medeina