Jathan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I realise this may take a while to create as it asks a lot so I just thought I should say that first. Basically I've looked everywhere and I can't quite find a plug-in that matches what I'm after.

Essentially what I'm looking for is a journal plug-in that (obviously) creates a journal option in the main menu as one would expect. It should replace the save option first and foremost. Within this journal option there should be 4 more options which I'll list below.

Synopsis: This is meant to record the story as the player progresses through it like a proper journal.

Quests: A record of the players quests. Have them be recorded in the journal as they are obtained of course. After clicking on this it should bring you to another sectioned page which I will describe below.

•Active: The current open quests with a Description section that allows for the player to read the basic description of the unfinished quest. Please also include the ability to assign a quest type, a difficulty, who the quest was from, and the quest location.

•Complete: Already finished quests with the option to assign an icon next to the quest name to indicate a pass or fail. Also a description section that allows for the player to read the overall finished record of the completed quest. Please also include the ability to assign a quest type, a difficulty, who the quest was from, the quest location and the reward obtained.

Encyclopedia: A record of various things as they are mentioned or seen throughout the game.

•People: Clicking on this should bring you to a list of names of people that, when clicked on it should show an image of that person, their name, with a description below.

•Atlas: A record of various places on the map. Clicking on a location name on the list should bring up a page with the name, picture and description of that place.

•Events & History: A record of various events to do with the world. After clicking on one it should bring up a page that shows it's name, a photo relating to it and a description of it.

•Bestiary: Exactly what one would expect from a bestiary (so a picture, max hp and mp, drop rates, weaknesses, description, etc.). But I do need it to be divided by type and then by genus; type: By clicking on type it should expand the menu into a another list of various he uses that fall under that type. Genus: By clicking on a genus it should expand it once more with a list of enemies that fall under the chosen genus and of course clicking on the desired enemy will bring you to the actual bestiary page of the creature.

•Terminology: Clicking on this should bring you to a list of terms that, when clicked on show an image of what that term is referring to, it's name, a description of it below.

Save/Load: And finally, probably the most important part of all. I need this whole journal tab to take the place of the save tab and I need this new Save/Load tab to have both saving and loading functions so the player doesn't have to go from the game, to the title screen just to load a second file. On top of that, I need loading to always be active, not just at a save point should I choose to run it that way. I'm not sure is disabling saving outside of a save point would effect a loading function, I'm just putting that out there just in case.

Exactly how you achieve all of this or how many plug-ins are used to make this happen is dealer's choice. Just please make sure it is done as I have described above, at least in terms of layout and try to allow for as much customization as possible for future projects if possible.
If you need any more information or apart from what I've listed please let me know and I'll help as best I can.

ravenhood

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It will take few days of work at least to fullfill your request. Hopefully you will find somebody has that much of free time to help you

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
CGMV_Enclopedia can store the information you want and or found to it.
as for the journal, you can either use YEP_QuestJournal or Gameus_QuestEditor
to update the progression if they take the exact same path required so it wont
mix up.

as for the save to store those, you can use TSR_Save (Not yet available) but it will
become avaialbe shortly that is highly customisable. else use POR_SaveCore that
can show the progress where you are or done last time.
else if you want something totally differently, it needs to be made otherwise.

Jathan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ravenhood
Yeah I figured it would when I posted this.

@ShadowDragon
I'll check those out but I don't think they'll do exactly what I'm looking for. It's very important that it all be in one journal tab. At least it is to me anyway. I have a very specific vision for my project.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jathan here is the TSR_Save, its highly customizable so the journal part might
be possible, it can take many value's and icons, but it depends how you want to
set it up.

do you have a sketch on the save scene look like? and what information to draw?
it will be soon on the forum as well with a bit more explanation how to use some functions.

but there might be more features added :)

Jathan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon I actually have concept art for the menu already. Though nothing for the same menu. I can take care of that as well if needed but it doesn't need to be much different from the normal menu so it probably doesn't matter.

@ShadowDragon In any case I'll try out that tsr save thing first.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The chances of getting everything exactly as you've described outside of a paid plugin commission is probably quite low.

Jathan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The chances of getting everything exactly as you've described outside of a paid plugin commission is probably quite low.

I'm aware. But I figured I'd ask first anyway. If I have to commission one I will in the end.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you're forced to make a tutorial for something obvious.
246907756_284595507001402_2098549601125689312_n.jpg
one dislike. tragic really ofended me bruh
i only have one decent song and i dont even think it fits for a video game
Update: I finished the combat arena! My goodness, it took a while! There were numerous little bugs to squash.
Maldra wrote on stramin's profile.
Hi regarding the 32 bit -> 64 bit
I am running on a 64 bit windows OS and tried doing this conversion. I converted all of the .exe files that I could find in the KADOKAWA\RPGMV folder using the 4gbpatch.exe file. However, after trying to access RPG Maker MV after this conversion, it simply will not load. Do you have any advice or any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
questdubai001