Matching larger object is charsets RPG MAKER 2003

Discussion in 'Resource Support' started by SettiGalaxy, Aug 3, 2019.

1. SettiGalaxy

SettiGalaxy Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Hey everyone!
    I was wondering if somebody could help me out with something. :kaosigh:

I currently started making my own objects for my RPG hame that I currently am making.
    the small problem is that I noticed people where able to create larger objects with a "charset" as you can see here
    example: (a statue)
    [​IMG]

But as I have noticed I itsn't that simlple, and I was wondering if there was a specific trick to it.
    As I can see in here:
    [​IMG]
    = it isn't just put together.

when I tried to do it I had the problem that they don't match, and you get a really weird looking object.
    as seen in the following pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Is there some kind of trick to it to let it match each other without it looking odd, does it have a specific border or..
    Could you guys please help me out? :frown:

Thanks again!
    ~Settigalaxy

Attached Files:

2. caethyril

caethyril ^_^ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Tiles are 16 x 16 px, but sprite frames are 24 x 32 px. This means that to avoid overlap, each frame of the "big object" sprite should be horizontally centred (i.e. 4 px margin each side). Also, if you want things to connect vertically, the bottom pieces have to reach 16 px from the bottom of their frame.

You can see this in that statue's spritesheet: each piece is at most 16 px square, and the sides are always at least 4 px away from the actual frame border.

Hope that makes sense! :kaothx: