HayaEdu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know how to make a math game where the amount of damage is affected by your answer, lesser if wrong and greater when right? The questions depend on how strong the enemies are; items, randomly given although categorized by level of difficulties.
I know it's easy for the others but I'm still a beginner and this is the game I want to create unfortunately I haven't found any clues on the internet on how to do it.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That can be done either by damage formula coding (requires JavaScript programming knowledge) or by having the skills call common events where you check everything (needs dozens of control variable commands plus conditional branches plus other event commands).

If you're relatively new to programming and logic, this will not be easy to do and I strongly suggest to first learn the default engine without that idea before you try to make such a game.

And that is a general advice:
NEVER start an engine with your dream game as the first project.
Because you will scrap your first project after you learned the basics, no one ever completed their first project - they all started from scratch again for their second project.
And you should not risk damaging your dream by using it as the scrap learning project.

HayaEdu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have experience with MV for like days now. I was able to grasp some necessary things in the default engine, but currently, I am more interested in just the "battle," I can deal with the formula and conditioning since I'm currently studying on my degree.
Sir, can you help me with maybe just some screenshots with using a simple math problem common event on "battle." I'll probably use the first project as reference for the future educational games

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

No water this time, just trying for a majestic cliffside... The cave snuck in because I liked it. Now I guess I need a mini cave map or "secret" for it. :kaoswt:
Revamped the crew for my VN about thirty times. Only character that's stayed constant has been the fungus character. Guess it really grew on me...
I want to work on my reboot, but I don't have time to do it. ;_;
4y195n.png
big image so i posted it as a spoiler
Just a reminder to back your projects up. Do it now! :yamero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HangSapa