palom

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi, I have characters that can join to you just chatting, but I want to put a limit of the party members numbers since I don't want 4 characters on my engine, so if the ammount of members is reached a "Party full" message would pop up.

Is there an optimal way to do it? I don't want to use something sub optimal as conditional branches for each possible character.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unless you're using a plugin, the player can't add members to your party unless you give them a way to.

So, on any event that COULD add a member to your party, you just check how many are there already, and if the maximum has been reached, don't let them add another - or give them the option to remove one.

Control Variables > Game Data > Other > Party Size

will set a variable to the number of actors currently in the party.

palom

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Woah, that was simpler than I thought. Thank you. I'll do that.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm so annoyed with myself...I can't get this code to work so it looks like I'm going the plugin route for a problem I should be able to do myself :kaolivid:Great. Now I get to murder save file compatibility. Again.
Can't believe my code from four years ago is still working! Did some expansions, and...
1635194553179.png
In related news, I may have an update for my old Extra status window plugin ready. That is, once I manage to sit down and update the documentation... and the demo project... :kaoswt:
How does one pronounce Godot? I've heard it pronounced a couple of different ways, and I genuinely don't know the proper way.
March 2020 ...
1635188823939.jpeg
... vs October 2021
You look like you had a rough day...Here, have a Baby Panda!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guertena_1