Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello,
That might be a silly question, but please bear with me. What is the maximum size of the file IconSet.png? I know it can be up to 512 pixels in width, but what is the maximum height? I had a file that was slightly over 22k and the icons blacked out. It's fine at slightly above 11k though, so the limit has to be somewhere in between. Does anyone know? Or know where to look it up?
Thanks for reading

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm sure you could probably just resize your iconset that was 22k vertical pixels a few times and pretty quickly discern the max size yourself, though depending on why it "blacked out" it could be a local issue rather than an RM hard limit.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Googling it for MV, it appears the maximum height was 512 icons (16,384 pixels) before getting the blacking out error. Since most of the two engines is the same, I'd presume that.

I'm not sure what the numbers you're referencing are...the file size? That wouldn't matter, just the dimensions. If they're pixels, I don't know why you wouldn't know the exact number.

ShiningPhoibe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Googling it for MV, it appears the maximum height was 512 icons (16,384 pixels) before getting the blacking out error. Since most of the two engines is the same, I'd presume that.

I'm not sure what the numbers you're referencing are...the file size? That wouldn't matter, just the dimensions. If they're pixels, I don't know why you wouldn't know the exact number.
Thanks. I meant the size in pixels, sorry for not being clear.

Cyberhawk

Bravelion Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The largest iconset I used was about 512x13473. and i used it for VXAce and it worked just as well in MV. I would assume it would work just as fine in MZ.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
This can vary depending on the device, due to the consumption of RAM.

The largest iconset I used was about 512x13473. and i used it for VXAce and it worked just as well in MV. I would assume it would work just as fine in MZ.
The logic is different, an RMMV game is an application (Canvas / WebGL) inside a mini browser without the common restrictions.
;)

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so far I read it, it would be best to cap the maximum higher of 4000pixels,
it can be endless, but it is more to avoid crashing problems :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Screenshot-2021-05-02-at-15-07-54.png

Tivadar will help you travel to distant places in Eniko: Ghosts Of Grace

Finally done with the school project, here's the raw video of it. o_O :smile:
Can February March? No, but April May.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harry30705