Maximus Jones

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by RavenTDA, Jun 21, 2012.

1. RavenTDA

RavenTDA just another mask Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey this was pretty fun. It's more or less a bunch of mini-games but I'm always a fan of those. I think maybe your cat/dog puzzle is broken because the lady never realizes the guy gets frozen. Although I'm rather confused with that one in general. The first one with the boulders was pretty kick ass. That kind of puzzle is always my cup of tea. It wasn't too hard nor really easy. Just a light puzzle that had me thinking in a few spots. No frustration at all which is good. The shop one was really quite innovated. I never seen something like that done before. I really liked it.

Your ability to make puzzles is pretty good. The first one was nice so if you could make more of those that'd be fun. I'd look forward to you making another type of puzzle game... maybe something more of a massive puzzle dungeon?

C-C-C-Cashmere likes this.
  2. C-C-C-Cashmere

C-C-C-Cashmere Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks Raven for playing my game. I agree, the cat-dog puzzle was confusing because of the item-gathering and events and stuff, but I'm not sure what caused that glitch. I'm glad that you liked the boulder puzzle, it was fun for me to make too! I tried to make it the perfect balance of randomness and repetition, to get you introduced into the puzzles without frustration. Perhaps I will make a sort of "puzzle dungeon" game in the future (thank you for giving me the inspiration). But at the moment I'm doing an open exploration game, with very many items, locations and secrets (it's a mystery game). The boulder puzzles turned out better than I intentionally thought, which was good.

For the most part, the most difficult part of the game to implement was the shop haggling game, so I'm glad that paid off. But I believe at the end it was a bit cumbersome, and the idea was better than the actual final product. But yeah, thank you for playing and I will possibly make a massive puzzle dungeon game... once I finish my current project. Your feedback is very encouraging. Thanks.

3. Genii Benedict

Genii Benedict Supervillain, Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I enjoyed the game(s) immensely. Quite innovative! I am stuck, however, on...

The cat/dog one. I haven't found the dog food anywhere, and I've replayed each mini-game a few times.
    Also, I think I found a bug as well. When I went through each one, I completed 1, 2, 3 and then left 4 without completing it to go to 5. Upon doing so, the game told me that I had already done 5, when I had not.

Otherwise, good work!!!

4. C-C-C-Cashmere

C-C-C-Cashmere Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for playing the game. The dog food is in puzzle 1, but you have to backtrack a bit (there's a fork in the road, and you have to go backwards). I noticed the bug with puzzle number 5, so I'll fix that when I get the chance. Otherwise, thank you for playing! It's my privelege.

5. Genii Benedict

Genii Benedict Supervillain, Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Dang! The hardest level too! Thanks.

6. Volcs

Volcs Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    The game was pretty entertaining lol. The part where you get the ladie's undies was hilarious! Fun, short game.

7. gvduck10

gvduck10 Quacker Jack Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    short, but entertaining

8. Physeter

Physeter Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Entertaining? That's right, it IS entertaining!

The mini game with that fairy was hilarious! The shop mini game was innovative, though I had the needed amount after two customers. May be a bit fast. The boulder game was captivating, each room was easy, but all rooms combined left a nice challenge.

The cat-and-dog-room was, well, weird. Luckily I had the food already... :D

I enjoyed it very much!

Oh, and I needed not 15 min but 18! ;)