May Goals and Progress Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bgillisp, May 1, 2019.

1. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    @Chiara Neat you work on tilesets now ^^ (well with what you do usually in other aspects, this feels promising ^^)

I am working also on a tileset element but try to animate it now... Eshhh no idea if it'll work.

atoms and Chiara like this.
  2. Darkanine

Darkanine ...In my thoughts and in my dreams... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I hit an unexpected roadblock recently where I realized I don't actually know how to build my characters gameplay wise, which is ironic since the project started out as a parody of Dragon Quest with each character being a carbon copy of the typical DQ classes (Hero, Soldier, Rogue and Pilgrim/Priest). Now it's...mailwoman, mailman and other guy.

In addition, going to try to complete some more maps, skills, finish the opening cutscene of my game and work on creating more NPCs.

Outside of RPG Maker affairs, about to order some films for me and my niece (and maybe other relatives) to watch when we go on vacation. I'm at a weird point in my life where my interest in entertainment is apparently more juvenile than an eight year old, but what can I say? Other then that, looking for further my linguistics studies. Exciting stuff.

@VitaliaDi I'm not sure if I can be of assistance since I've never used XP but I've taught myself just about everything about eventing in VX, ACE and MV so if you need help, you can shoot me a PM.

VitaliaDi, atoms and Marquise* like this.
  3. BreakerZero

BreakerZero Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Not a milestone in itself but once again I have had a creative shift in my follow-up plan. Seeing that the leader of the effort in the current project is technically of our metaphysical origin I decided the second chapter will require a world tour of a certain inspiration to obtain the necessary materials to protect what is reclaimed in part one. Basically the differences in global complexity required this as the objectives for the second iteration will literally be of our world even despite the existence of cases where certain individuals originate elsewhere in the metaphysical divide as explained in the first project and which in turn leads to some... interesting results by the time it's over (and even more so if you stick around for the post-credit scene where even parenthood becomes a part of the equation going into the second act).

Needless to say, this has become serious fodder for a number of observational quips and one-liners with one of the earliest zingers being a reference upon what to expect following the opening scenario and with other quips referencing present-day incidence. To name some examples, the overheated type of coastal intrusion that we currently know of is reversed by a delayed corrective aquifer regression that occurs by the time of the metaphysic crisis. Additionally, upon starting a certain mission there's a very specific 20XX reference for which the obvious damage potential would've been even more annoying. And to crank the pressure even higher, there's also something called "operation beastmobile interception" that requires emergency intervention upon consequence to avert the associated political disaster. (That means "who shot JFK" territory.)

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    atoms and Marquise* like this.
  4. Lihinel

Lihinel Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    RL struck again and I am canceling my goal, instead going to focus on my side project and get some pathfinding for long distance unit movement done.
    Already implemented json files for storing a graph, (as nodes and vertices) now need to implement an algorithm for finding the the best entry and exit nodes and the shortest path between them.
    Guess I should focus mostly on the side project for the rest of the year to get it done by december. (and I plan to use the plugins in a modified state for my main game so its not like I could get my main game done before the side project anyway)

5. AceOfAces_Mod

AceOfAces_Mod Engineering to infinity! Veteran

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Progress Report #2

Immortal Sins:
    -Cleaning up the dialogue of the prologue a bit so it flows nicer.

RPG Maker MV Cook Tool:
    -Cleaned up the text that the program prints. It follows the same design as the newer tool.
    [​IMG]

Misc:
    -From the looks of it, .NET Core is arriving in September (with a GA status). I may start porting all of my .NET apps when Release Candidate arrives (which will be around July).

6. Kokoro Hane

Kokoro Hane Overly Ambitious Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Biggest goal for this month;
    Release Version 2 of "Journey of The Scroll"

Current progress--
    Received needed voice acting for 3 out of 4 characters. One is being delayed a few extra days due to needing to heal, which is fine.
    Fixed a few small errors
    Adjusted end credits
    Began eventing new after credits scene after the True Ending

Plans--
    A new area might not be able to be added in this update, plus I want to move on to my next RPG, sooooo..... instead, I will be enhancing already existing scenes and adding some more interactables! Such as making the library more lively with people walking around and being able to read strange books! I do still intend to make a certain tent able to go in. I also added a building in Royal Town that is locked, I am debating to add a secret quest where you can get the key to this place.

7. SweetMeltyLove

SweetMeltyLove Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I started working on making my own RPG engine, using RPGMaker as a base of what to do next. Going well so far, got a basic atb combat going, with damage calculation, stats, equips and buffs

8. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Still working on planning how the story flows in the final part of the game...

I have also started working on an equip skill system that will be used for my next game (which is related to this game) because I was bored at the office and decided to start writing it down in my pastebin xD

Marquise* and atoms like this.
  9. BreakerZero

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Engr. Adiktuzmiko that reminds me of what's happening with my own follow-up plan. I literally thought back to the initial turning point in part one where the first two members of the crew are informed of the portion of their history that ultimately protected them from being caught in the devastating effects of the storm responsible for upending the family business and resulting in massive casualties to associates thereof. This ultimately played into a research service to which the business provided cover and funding, and with a number of sensitive projects to its name. Obviously some of the projects were scrapped when the promotional services operation was forced to close, and in some cases their evidence destroyed for concern of possible issues relative to the nature of the most sensitive of the canceled projects... with a single, obvious exception in order to protect the respective mission objective. And by that extension, the cutscene prior to the briefing notice on the first arrival in the respective location also provides an important clue for this.

atoms likes this.
  10. sleepy_sealion

sleepy_sealion Need to work harder! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Trying to get more work done on a general game build. And just trying not to fall off the wagon. Little things.

11. VitaliaDi

VitaliaDi Jedi Master Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    @Darkanine Hey thanks for the offer I'll definitely take you up on that in the future

Darkanine likes this.
  12. BreakerZero

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Unexpected technical snag. While working my test mirror for the launcher I hit my 25g base level faster than anticipated so I had to bring the mirror to deployment phase one in serious time advance compared to my expectations. Combined with a bugfix verification within the launcher itself I have completed the first phase of the download processing system and the first time setup is feature complete.

EDIT: Another snag. I ran into an unexpected issue with missing data so I updated the launcher (again!) to include an inline repair function while also planning ahead for changes in access rules (ethics, standards, license etc.).

Last edited: May 20, 2019 at 10:39 AM
  13. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    The map element worked and some idea around too Yeah!

Chiara and atoms like this.
  14. HexMozart88

HexMozart88 The Master of Random Garbage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Update: Approaching the end of the month, and I'm still being fussy with my demo. I've run through it, made sure it's virtually bug-free, but I'm nervous to release it, so I'm sort of getting my feet wet again by releasing snippets (videos/screenshot of systems) unfortunately, I stupidly put the link first in my status update, before any text. So people probably don't even know what it's supposed to be. :LZSlol: Here it is, for any interested parties.
    I kind of had to take a break from the stuff I said I was going to do at the beginning of the month, since I kind of had to make sure my game was actually playable this time around (I messed up some switches last time so people couldn't finish). Low and behold, there were some file changes I forgot about, so that would have been disastrous.

15. BreakerZero

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Launcher updated again. Now checks for itself in Windows compatibility settings to force execution integrity (read: hacks, cheats etc.) and detects if certain filenames have been adversely modified (game.exe, rmmv.bin etc.) and upon detection of any such condition will immediately crash to Windows (and for obvious reasons, of course). Obviously this means that administrator mode is now a requirement (and besides, you wouldn't want to have too much fun while the boss is out).

Last edited: May 22, 2019 at 11:02 AM
  16. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Been addicted to playing Evenicle so progress is kinda slow.. Also thinking if I should post my Item Refund script here when I get the time to do so, quite hard to make script threads when on mobile.. xD

Also waiting for my little brother to test the latest version of my game to see how the balancing goes.

Edit:

-Added a new map to the game
    -Added some new tiles to the tileset
    -Working on a script to add some more features to the damage system

Last edited: May 23, 2019 at 9:08 AM
  17. BreakerZero

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ridiculousness alert: major bug just tripped me up that I never noticed before. Apparently nwjs tracks the A key as input 65 which tripped up my directional inputs when out at sea (and obviously that's a problem since I'm using the WASD method of player navigation). And seeing that CGMV defaults as such for interior view functions that aren't used in my implementation (as I only need it for the requisite ocean spawns) that's basically asking for it like a shoe that goes whizzing past the top of your head. Ended up setting a reserved switch that stays off for the duration of the game to deal with this, but it's seriously weird that I didn't even consider the possibility of this behavior until now.

Last edited: May 23, 2019 at 10:23 AM
  18. Hyouryuu-Na

Hyouryuu-Na Too lazy Veteran

First Language:
    Bangla
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well my exams are finally over and I finally have like... a month till other similar troublesome stuff starts. My experience with MV is not at all little and I've been fooling around with it (for 2 years) too much to get any actual work done. Been testing this and that mechanic and watching if I can pull this and that off by myself. But! For about 2 months now, I've started to work on something even though I'm really sloowww. So slow that whatever I have, I can't even open a thread in the games in development section (pathetic ikr) But I'll try to get as much work done this month in the graphics part so that I can just chill and event the rest of the time.
    To do list for the rest of May:
    Finish all character portraits. Each takes bout 2 hours for me since I'm not a pro artist but still pretty decent.
    Finish all tilesets... at least for chapter 1 of the game.

Pretty small goal but I guess I should keep it small cos theres only like 5 more days left.

19. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    @HexMozart88 I love so much the hand written and ruffled aspect of your combat interface That I wish all the game has it ^^

atoms and HexMozart88 like this.
  20. HexMozart88

HexMozart88 The Master of Random Garbage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Marquise* thanks. I'm glad you like it. :ahappy: I was a little nervous initially because I didn't know if it was going to look too messy, so I'm really happy it looks good.