Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

UyQj5Ij.png

It's another month! Hope you all have gotten a lot done this past month and are ready for more!

ryanfrogger

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This type of thread exists? That's pretty neat! I might as well put some goals of my own.

I have a kickstarter for my game planned to start in June, so I need to get on that grind of getting everything ready for it. Going in hard at making assets and everything needed for the kickstarter to succeed.

Gotta make a ton of my character concepts into life as well, spriting them all and what not.

Find a developer to code the battle system needed for my game would also be very nice.

Get my artist to finish some promotional artwork.

Not fail in school.

So in other words, I'd like to just be less lazy this month! Maybe even go out and look for a part time job to help pay for some things. Can't completely rely on crowdfunding for a successful game, gotta put in my own work for it as well!

I hope May can be a lot better than April was for me. I'm going to be really dedicated to working hard this month! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
May already? Where did the time go? As it is, this month is going to be bad for me because I have a *huge* exam on May 21st. But once I get past that I have almost an entire week off of work. So most of these goals are with that in mind.

-Finish Chapter 6. I'm about 3 events away from that already, so this might get done very soon (this next weekend maybe?)

-Sketch out my Chapter 7 maps. I need to map another town, and a way for the party to get in that will not get them killed, as it is a hostile town. Though the direct path will be an option for those who really like fighting.

-Finish off a couple side towns. Chapter 6 ending sequence is going to give the party a quest to go and take care of something in those towns, now might be the time to map those towns the rest of the way.

-Make about another 20 or so animations.

-Sleep. Sleep is good.

GreyStone84

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatus Nunc
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Let's see.. during May I would like to finish the second part of my game, the region known as Alden. This of course is a general thing, so here are the more specifics.

• Finish building Rosaline Town/Castle
  • Finish adding the events for Rosaline Town/Castle
  • Add in all the quests
  • Add in all the monsters; random and non-random encounters
  • Figure out and add in all the rest of the maps
  • Add in all the rest of the events
  • Play test
  • And possibly start in on Hrothland, my third and most Northern region

Now that I type it all out and think about it, it seems a little ambitious, but once this is done (not including starting in on Hrothland) I can pass it on to my play testers.

Idril

Widdershins Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Oh, gosh, May already - where did the time go?

I can't remember what my goals for last month were, and I'm too lazy to look, so time for new goals out-of-the-blue.

For the McKinley Files -

• Make sitting sprites and NPCs for the prologue
  • Clean up the prologue cutscenes
  • Start inputting proper opening credits
  • Finish and polish the cutscene that opens the first level

For the Haven Expansion -

• Figure out mapping style (so conflicted on whether to keep it DS or change it, and then I have to make a decision between parallax and tiled)
  • Work on eventing the opening scenes

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good, another month, so let's set some goals. It would be nice to do mission XII and start working on mission XIII. I might be able to do both or not, it depends if I play other games or not too :)

But at least this month is now the beginning of completely new missions that weren't done in RPG Maker XP. Finally  :D

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Let's see what I get done this month:

-Finish the map for the minigame of my side project (I was able to figure out how to make the minigame myself last day of april XD)

-Roughly finish databasing and balancing my main game so that I can properly start testing it.

-Check if the events of my main game work properly

-Write some more skits

-and of course work on things related to other peoples projects^^

I think this month will be alright. The goals don't seem to hard to reach, especially since balancing got a little easier for me.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Since my thesis needs to be as good as finished by the end of the month, I'm only going to focus on spriting and not on actual game dev.

• Finish Restaff stuff. (I started on it yesterday, so they should be finished by the deadline.)
  • Take care of commissions. (Finally opened up a shop yesterday. :D)

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I only just realised it was May...  >_> (Stupid calender from 2012)

I dunno what I wanna do this month, I guess:

• Help lots of people
  • Eat lots of yummy food
  • Maybe work on some kind of Dating-RPG thingy, not sure
  • Watch a movie or two is any good ones are out
  • Do well on my exams!

If all of that happens, I'll be super happy!

(P.S, Slim, your shop is awesome)

Last edited by a moderator:

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Let see...

This this what I would like to manage this month:

• Make Gin's graphics
  • Make the Gin part of my story
  • Make Anyas, Jonas' and Melidas' Battler
  • Finally give all food a price and a reason to exist 
  • Add some sidequests

sabao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
  • Starting a new game dev job tomorrow. Here's hoping it goes well.
  • Fix all the bugs and planned additional features for my first script. Currently not sure how to get the menu to call itself when the map has the required note tag without interfering with Autorun events I may want to run when the map is first loaded.
  • Figure out more neat-but-totally-manageable stuff I can code for practice.

Valryia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe i get the courage to ask Yanfly to make an plugin for me, regarding my problem in thread i made this weekend. Then i could finally make the game i always wanted to make.

I would have prefered if others would have given me more input, but i guess it is to complicated.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Valryia: Yanfly doesn't take requests unfortunately, but maybe you can ask on the javascript forums?

5.1 Update: Evented the rest of the dungeon, and wrote the sequence for ending chapter 6. Now the party knows what they need to do in order to stop the Shadowlord from being reborn, which is the goal for Chapter 7. Will they succeed? Play the game and find out!

Now I need to paper draw a town, and work is going to be busy again for most of this week so I might not have much to report until the 6th or so. We will see.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Valryia: It's come up before, and Yanfly always says that they don't take requests. Plus I think it might say it on page 1 of the thread.

Azurecyan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Goals for this month(that I'll probably deviate from):

- Character Portraits

- Finish Base Sprites

- Create Icons

- Attempt to create some battle animations if I have time

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Goals for this month:

-Release Disc 1 Update (I am transferring some of my April goals to May).

-Complete the population of the city maps.

Optional:

-Get the cloud sync working.

Progress Report #1

-Got one of the maps finished (NPCs and all).

-The Xbox 360 Controller support seems to work well. I haven't found a way to allow using both the D-Pad and the analog stick to move, but most of the exploring and battle controls are working properly.

Looking to re-introduce the critical HP warning (HP text turns red when it's 15% or lower). Luna Engine is a little hard to work on sometimes...

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Man, look at all the stuff you guys have been doing, and yet I've just been creating more and more stuff. More items, more states, yet hardly any maps or eventing. 

Yet I need to do something with my Sonata City map, because it's kinda important in-game (at least for chapter one) and yet all I have is ideas that either won't work practically (such as having the city in the shape of a G clef) or something that reminds me of the way Aveyond did it's cities, particularly 3's version of Thais, and I don't know if I can do that properly because I want it to be big, but not so much that it's either too cramped looking or everything is too spread out from eachother. 

Maybe I oughta try making a dungeon map? That's going to be a thing in chapter one.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@AceOfAces_Mod : Xbox Controller ? Please be sure to also support other gamepads. I was recently playing Super Meat Boy, and it is a real pain when you don't have the XBox Controller, the keys are completely misplaced and you need to trick the game using JoyToKey or other softwares.

@ashikai : I wonder why you are scared of foliage. This tree is really neat.

@Little Adventurer : You can have a G clef map. It is not because you don't see it in real life that you can't do it in your game. The idea is interesting. Or you can try with a F key instead mybe :p

My update :

I've started mission XII. This time, the new team has to go to the training grounds outside of the main building and start... running. In order for them to improve, Schlangan make them run. And, for motivation, he launched energy balls after them. You'll have to run 2 laps per character (4 characters in total) as a training. Then, the next events will unfold.

However, unlike the story I wrote, there will be a way to bypass the 8 laps, depending on what you do with the first runner. Things that happen afterwards could happen much faster if you force them, since being hit by the ball creates a fight where you're supposed to escape, but... it's up to you :D

For now I've done the map, evented the laps, and also prepared the next mission; you can unlock it, even if it won't be playable for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Will be focusing on map making today and adding locked chests :LZSsmile:Screenshot 2021-09-16 095316.png
It's hard to stay consistent for at least a week
new enemies for the game I'm working on...
Fricken hell! I dropped a bowl with mac and spam on my brothers floor, and was going to put leftover mac with whatever was still safe in there. It was only after I added the leftover mac that my brother told me he put floor noodles in there, now I wasted my planned dinner for tomorrow!
How to make a cool character 101: Create a messy plot, make the character said "all according to the plan", then somehow the problem is solved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H2WO4