Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Got slowed down, due to finals week.

5.16 and 5.17 Update: Managed to wrap up that quest, and test it to make sure it works. Then I also did a couple more custom animations, this time for the Mind Mages. That's it though for the last two days, hopefully after tomorrow I can pick up the pace again some.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@AceOfAces_Mod : It makes me think that I need to clean my laptop too :x

@Little Adventurer : What kind of item synthesis ? Do you work on a script, database ?

@bgillisp : Don't overwork yourself if have the finals week.

My update :

I changed one little thing, the drop window won't show anymore if there is no drop after the battle. Apart from this, I drew a few sprites for mission XIV. However, I'll take a break until the proofreading is done, because I'll be playing The Secret World for a while. Hence, you should expect me to appear less on this thread until then.

TheOriginalFive

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I reinstalled my computer's operating system to take advantage of increased RAM. Also made a colored sketch of one of the human battlers that will be found ingame.

She wants to catch the main four for going against orders not to attack the villains' underground city. She's also one of the senior heroes, so she'll be a minibossElectinaBossWIP.png.

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Documentation work sort of ground to a halt. I'll have to get back to it sooner or later. For now, though, I've been editing some 2k/2k3 graphics so I can use them for my dungeon runner. So far, so good.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@SchlanganIt's not too bad, since I'm the one giving the finals.

@TheOriginalFiveThat reminds me, I'm overdue to do that myself.

@taarna23How are you editing them? You trying to make them look similar to the RTP for ACE or MV?

5.18 Update: Made a few more animations for the mind mages. Now at least it looks different than Neutral One for every mind mage spell.

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@taarna23How are you editing them? You trying to make them look similar to the RTP for ACE or MV?

Making them suitable for use in MV. Tweaking colours as needed to make things consistent. Making colour-alternate versions so as to do more with less. Edits of MV tiles so they fit in as some of the 2k/3 stuff is rather lacking in terms of ground clutter.

Some quick test maps:

testmap-volcanic01.png

testmap-dirtcave01.png

luzi

Freelance Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Taking a bref break from gameplay and commission, here's the WIP game's promotional picture that I drew.
I dreamed of drawing this kind of promotional art for like a decade and I finally did it this year. And this is the second picture even!

zoQ2NA4.jpg
[/img]

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@luziI always love to see your art. You don't happen to make speedpaints or made some tutorials?

Here's my update:
I've mainly focused on my work for others and balancing my own. And for both I've made good progress^^ I'm especially happy about the balancing^^ Once I get the "rough" version done, I'll go over everything again to see if there are some things that bug me and then I'll ask around who would beta-test the gameplay.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TheOriginalFive : Instead of going after other heroes, she should better deal with the villains' lair, tsss....

@taarna23 : Documenting can be a hassle, indeed. Nice job with the tiles :)

@bgillisp : You'll still have to grade afterwards :p

@luzi : You make me want to draw some art like this for my game too. Except that I need to get the skills first :D

@BlackRoseMii : Great. I'll test once you're done if I find a bit of time.

My update :

I've been starting mission XIV a bit, as it advance the main story. The next version won't include beyond mission XIII however, it is just some little work before the release.

I've been creating, or I should say, editing a new tileset for planet Roma in mission XIV. Here is the map where we land :

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Progress Report #10

-Almost done with the polishing. The battle system needs some fixes, but it works for most of the time.

-Finished with the mapping. Now, to finish the NPC dialogues.

-Half of the new faces are done. I'm still waiting for the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaypee

hobbyist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
This progress is more of a polishing of my finished project "Adventure of Leo" links to my project can be found here, currently the game is in version 3.0 and here are some of new features I have added.

Current version 3.0

beebeeslime.png

- Beebeeslime is the weak version of the regular slime, its defense and attack is weaker than that of beebeehornets.

- Teytis tent was changed back to original price

- Adjusted the hero attributes curve specifically those pertaining to defense and attack (set the curve to slowest growth)

- Possiblility of being knocked out in one battle so better use escape if possible

- Leo is now "The adventure of Leo the runner:p

- Game can be hard on the first few levels

- Added gold and items to specific npc quest

- Game is now classified as semi-hardcore (are you up to the challenge?)

@DogeWorm: I feel your pain regarding the events debugging hope you finish your game.

@Schlangan: Maps and custom tilesets looking good looking forward to see your game.

@TheOriginalFive: the girl reminds me of a female version of flash

@AceOfAces_Mod: good to see some update cant wait to see the finished game

@BlackRoseMii: polishing the game is still an ongoing processed for me eventhough I have finished it, after playing a few times I realized my hero is overpowered so I have to balance some stats and same for the monsters.

@luzi: the image is really good its a stylized face reminds me of those male mange (forgive me I forget what its called)

@taarna23: So you're using 2k3 tiles on mv that was cool!

@bgillisp: keep up the good work stay on focus

@Little Adventurer: sounds complicated!

Last edited by a moderator:

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Hi everyone!  Nice work! 

Sorry not commenting all I got my internet cutted down since Friday and been fostering and training a scaredy grumpy cat with thumbs to be courageous and nice...  And Daugter cat is helping a lot too!  So far if I could remove from his head his all cats are battle pokemon and I gonna hide from them all mood...

Also more on topic; $Eg's legs are done on the side. Still makes my animator side cringe like 3 frame walk cycle seen by a dyslexic attempting to coordinate 8 legs.  (And two more to be done wich are mandibles but I have to work that one out with the faced wings on the side since they are not supposed to be supporting any weight.)  So I decided to dump everything down with how what correspond to what position from the face and back poses and if it corresponded to anything I might have missed on the battler and improvise.

Sorry to not post it right away now but... errr it looks like some huge headless disgusting wounded crabroach torsabdomen walking on the sideview right now.  (It might explain how comes I kept that one for the finale and what might repel me about it.)

I dunno what next to do; the faces or the 8 tailtacles?  (I might get lazy and do the dorsal shell :p)  And no worries, I plan to just draw one tailtacle in 8 different animation positions and somehow copy-paste them right off this $BigMonster's bitmaps on 3 positions)

PS; If someone ever make a game with that one up; please make it the final boss of the great bedbug invasion! ;)

Marsigne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Little Adventurer - As for the text, sometimes it's going a bit on the slower side. The music and introduction looks fine though.  :)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Now that finals are done it's time to return to work on the game.

5.24 Update: Mapped the north side of the forest, which is the part needed for Chapter 7 anyways (south side might be important later, undecided. Will leave it unmapped for now). Also evented the first part of town, and fixed a couple lines of dialogue that read funny in the beginning of Chapter 7.

EliteZeon

Third-Rate Noob
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey guys, been awhile...

Finally got around to working on my VX Ace game again now that classes are over and I figured out the direction I wanted to move my project, finally.

I had to get my laptop reformatted back in October or so due to a nasty virus I somehow managed to catch. Wait until classes finished up a few weeks ago, in which I reinstalled my bamboo tablet and started working on my project again. Though when I wasn't directly working on it, I actually typed up a good chunk of the story for the first act, being about 80ish pages on a Microsoft Word doc.

So far, I've been redoing bits and pieces of the first chapter in my released demo and refining some of the core mechanics, which I think I am quite happy with so far now.

Unfortunately in terms of combat, I found out an ATB system conflicts with a lot of Yanfly's Lunatic DoT stuff, so there's a good chunk of interesting states I gotta redo.

Anywho, by the end of this month, I think I may have Chapter 1 completely refitted and then by next month, I feel like I can actually release Chapter 2. Unless some otherworldly force intervenes, like it usually does. T_T

For my sudden return to my projects and the decent progress I've made in the past two weeks, I got some content to show off. =P

Combat Video (sorry that the quality is on the low end)

Menu Scene for Skills and Classes (yeah, I know the symmetry is off T_T)

Scene_Class_Background2.png

Icon Set I'm working on

IconSetPreview.png

And if anyone is curious, I got a backup of the story dialogue and such on this link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Cm16K6dZKZHpr51JE7NwCHPqMUMlLThejofeDbyC4v0/edit?usp=sharing

luzi

Freelance Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BlackRoseMii
I don't usually do a record of tutorial or speed paint. I once recorded one of my speed paint though. (Here)
Nowadays, I livestream my drawing from Picarto.

Azurecyan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've set aside my current project for a little mini project(since my current project is big lol). I've created weapon icons for the mini project.

Screen Shot 2016-05-26 at 3.28.38 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Feeling like my new profile picture is nice. Thinking of making it semi-permanent, does any one has an opinion? Does it look too evil or does it work as a public profile picture? :)
Bishiba.png
My washing machine is a supernatural being. I lost a piece of clothing in there a month ago; searched up and down, inside other clothes, nothing. It just vanished.
Today, put in a new load. When I pull it out, the missing clothing is back! And a sock was sacrificed in the process :yswt2:
thought I'd upgrade to mz from mv cause of the nice quality of life features but ****ing hell why couldn't they allow old plugins to work in it and secondly how come in over a year since it's release has there been no mz version of something so crucial as a non grid based movement plugin. I guess I'll stick with mv. (why wasnt mz just an update to mv anyway literally nothing substantial changed..)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dragondip