BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've posted a few days ago, but since it's the last day of may, I'll just post again^^
So, what did I get done this time?

-Finish the map for the minigame of my side project (was done pretty soon^^)

-Roughly finish databasing and balancing my main game so that I can properly start testing it. (Done. Finished testing it as well. More or less.)

-Check if the events of my main game work properly (also done)

-Write some more skits (nope, but this isn't that important anyway.)

Besides this, I've also worked a bit on the intro again. I wanted to have a more "legend-telling" atmosphere, but a blank screen isn't that interesting ^^° I wasn't really sure if the way I imagined it would actually work out, so I tried today and now the intro looks a little more interesting^^
Also, I'll have the gameplay done soon, but I've run into a problem:
The way the project is right now (or rather, the gameplay-only project) there won't be any events that would tell the player where to go. I could add small events that tell you where to go next, but then I might as well use the actual events. So, I probably won't release a gameplay demo, but a complete demo right away. Hopefully it should be ready next month ^^°

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@bgillisp, no they are pre-made. I just need to fit them on the icon sheet.

NEW: @Schlangan, after investigation the controller support, for some reason the old controller that I have (a Logitech RumblePad 2) wouldn't work, even with it's drivers. I'll keep looking for a solution.

Final Progress Report:

-Finished an optional scene on Rengrum.

-Bug fixing.

-Just a few more things to polish (mainly, adding sounds and adjusting the movement code).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Been working on the miniboss fight between Alto and Sonorous, or rather the dialogue before it, the aftermath (different scenes play if you win or lose, as Sonorous isn't trying to murder Alto), and different Switches and Self Switches depending on that and if you answered if you're ready or not enc. 

Sonorous needs more than one move. Right now, it's impossible to lose this fight.

BigToastie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Just dropping by here for one second;

@BigToastie : What script did you use for lightning ? Does it offer as many things as Terrax's (flashlights, day/night cycle, moving lights) and so on ?

MogHunters system, it's less a lighting system and more of a daynight system, and its a foreign language (took me a while to figure out how things worked) but it gives a fully built in clock HUD, has multiple seasons (and a weather system that can integrate) it does tint different shades through the day as well as stores seasons etc as variables among other things (still looking to what can be done).

My issue with Terrax is that I couldn't use overlays with it, I also couldn't find a timer that worked with it, I loved the system but it felt I was limiting what I wanted in my game for a lighting system.

I am still looking out for a fullyblown lighting system but i am working more on the core of the game and will switch over things if need be again, at a later date :)

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Gonna leave this open for just a bit longer in case anyone wants to post last progress for May, but June's topic is open.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
See you in June!  (Still got tails and heads to finish.)  ;)   Good luck everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Welp, people are trying to quit my team because I can't code. Where's the dancing blob emoji when I need it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammers_316