Have you heard of that far off country
So grand and green
With flourishing crops,
And abundance of seeds?

Perhaps you have, but...

...have you heard of its
demise?

SYNOPSIS
The region of Niwa was once the bread basket of the world, a hub of farmers whose crops never failed. That is, until the Harbinger came and burned the land, leaving it desolate, and the drinking water poisoned.

Only one farmer's crops have not suffered the blight of the Harbinger's curse, but for how much longer? For his beloved daughter, Clover, has now fallen ill from the tainted water.

Enter Ron - a childhood friend of Clover whom has recently come to terms that he has fallen in love with her. To receive her hand in marriage, her father requires Ron to undergo a vigorous test... venture in and out of The Maze.

There, he must find 5 ingredients key to curing Clover's illness as he survives the dangers within the brush and meets other daring individuals with their own goals.

Will he emerge alive
Make his friend his bride
And live happily ever after?

FEATURES:
- A one map adventure through a maze
- Random encounters triggered by brush*
- Quest log accessible anytime in the game menu
- Response consequences
- 3 possible endings
- Fully voice acted!

*Although there are a lot of enemy encounters, you can choose to Escape most of them and you'll still be able to defeat the final boss. Water enemies are the only ones that drop Liquid Mana, so you might want to engage in some of those.

SCREENSHOTS
s3pjuY.png

IaAObw.png

3bsIuJ.png

jKDSrB.png

DOWNLOAD
GameJolt Mirror; https://gamejolt.com/games/m4u/578180
RMN Mirror: https://rpgmaker.net/games/11899/

DEV NOTES
Last month, I finally released a One Map Challenge project! It doubled up also as an entry in the "Secret Santa Jam" where we are randomly paired up with a giftee and make a game based upon what they write in their letter. My giftee mentioned liking anime, love / dramatic stories, comedy, and RPGs... so those things I drew inspiration upon to make this game! Unfortunately, I was unable to add voice acting in the original build, so.... for Finally Finish Something jam... I now have a fully voice acted build up! Now the game feels truly complete! It was fun making this game for my giftee, especially within the constraints of the One Map Challenge. It's also my first time making an RPG with full voice acting rather than just voicing the cutscenes (but since this game was small and short, I thought, why not?) I hope you enjoy it as much as I and my team did making it! ^^

CREDITS:
STORY/EVENTING/MAPPING:
Kokoro Hane

VOICE ACTORS:
Jerron Bacat as Ron
Elizabeth Novotny as Clover
Maxadrian Burton as Science-y Guy
Xuan Vinh Huynh as Dwarf
MeatysentaiVA as Old Man
Abby Espiritu as Nature Mage
Nick Chang as "The Jester"
Doodled as Cloak Guy
Josh Portillo as The Harbinger
Red Hammer Audio as Clover's dad
Kat A Peterson as The Narrator

ART ASSETS:
Yuuhina ( https://blog.goo.ne.jp/akarise )
Chocolate Mint
Pixabay

GUEST CHARACTER:
"The Jester" (created by El.Seth)

BATTLER ASSETS:
Michael Galefire
Thalzon

MUSIC ASSETS:
CAMeLIA
H/MIX
Aaron Krogh
Doodled

FREESOUND SFX ASSETS:
shakala1
EminYILDIRIM

SCRIPTS:
DRS Quest Log

EVERYTHING ELSE IS DEFAULT RTP!

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sneak peak of my upcoming update! Who's holding her, you may ask? Find out tonight!
10.PNG
BCj
Finished another GUI! Turn indicator wasn't made by me.

ff981f8dc50b03cf58038c644334b454.jpg

3cb092fdc00087acfa0a190fd891f0ed.jpg
Added a small refining scene to my game.

It makes sense that you try to focus on the squishy mages at the back of the party first, right? If the mage can out-DPS the enemy DPS before the latter can kill the tank in front, the fight becomes boring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaminarii777