RMMZ Maze of the Lost MZ (Demo 1.00 Released 11/27/20)

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Demo 0.92 is out now.

Ok cool. Your EXP Levels for the end of Floor 2 are are about right also. Thanks for posting screens of the stats so I can see what people are doing for their builds.

100?! I definitely couldn't pull that off for how big the floors are. If they were like 50 x 50 then maybe but I would rather have a few large themed levels with some character than a bunch that are much the same. I think there's a game that did that and I kind of had fun with it but I lost interest after like Floor 30 or so.

Demo 0.92 won't have anything really extra for you to play through unless you want to see the ending demo message by trying to go to Floor 3 again and the cosmetic fixes to the Cutscenes or if you want to see if the Weapons and Armor Crafting work now.

Once I finish my playthrough tonight I will likely work on balancing and adding an extra ingredient to craft seeds and will probably play with that other method of Skill Learning and Stat Distribution which I should have out in the next 2-4 days so around Wednesday or Thursday.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Demo 0.95 is out now. Made a lot of little changes and one big change.

The big change is the Skill Buy system has been totally revamped to be more balanced and closer to the final and ideal system that will be in play, there will still be one more change with this eventually when the proper plugins are ported over. For now you start with 2 AP and you can either use those points to boost stats by doing 'class training' or learn a skill. The training and skill learning each cost 1 AP and you will get 1 AP when you level up and each boss will supply 1 AP also. This will make it so in most cases you'll have to decide between boosting stats or learning a skill.

The smaller changes are as follows, and I may have forgotten 1 or 2 as I did a lot of playtesting and tweaked things as they came up.
-Fixed various text issues and certain text not fitting properly.
-Gave pretty much every craftable item/weapon/armor one extra ingredient needed to craft said piece. Gave some items a lightly lower chance of being dropped by enemies. I may nerf this back a bit if items become too difficult to craft but it shouldn't.
-Fixed certain skill and item descriptions to show proper icons.
-Rebalanced some enemy skills, mostly by giving most of the enemy skills a charge time.
-Slightly adjusted the armor scaling parameters to be more balanced, this should result in less 0 dmg attacks from enemies if VIT stat is too high. Will try to fix the minimum damage not being 1 issue in the next update.
-Added in special crystals by the Level bosses for a chance to restore and save close to the boss.
-Changed the way throwing items cause damage by having them mostly do damage based on AGI and LUK to give LUK another use.
-Slightly redid some of the stats for shields.
-Redid the loot that locked and trapped chests would give giving an equal amount chance of getting a lower level weapon or armor and a higher level weapon or armor to give more variety.
-I know I'm forgetting a couple other things but I don't think they were too significant.

Hopefully this is a more balanced and fun playthrough whoever decides to play.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Demo 0.99 is now out.

-Scaled back the amount of AP gained per level to 1 instead of 2 and made it so each boss gives you 1 AP as well. This will balance it so it doesn't become too easy.
-Finally balanced out combat to where it is not too easy like before and is more challenging but not too difficult. Overhauled armor scaling and changed damage formulas to make it to where you can't overtank your characters. Changed some enemy stats slightly to reflect the changes. The whole feel of the game should now be tough but fair. This is the bulk of what was changed.
-Fixed a few more text and grammar issues.
-Added a couple more items that can be purchased at the Hidden Medal Shoppe.
-Added Minimap Capabilities.
-Added a bit more text here and there.
-Changed the way Teleports work, instead of requiring 1 Lorelite for each use it just requires 1 Lorelite to activate and can then be used as often as you want.
-I know I'm forgetting a couple of smaller fixes and changes.

Thank you for your support whoever plays this.

Last edited:

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE: I was made aware that my Itch.io links didn't go to the game and so I had to do a couple other steps before it was published. The itch.io links should now be working properly.

The next public demo and the next beta tester demo will likely be available next weekend. There won't be any mechanics changes this time around but just some basic small fixes, small grammatical issues, and balancing polish.

The Big Stable Beta 1.00 won't be released until a few other plugins are available so that becomes a waiting game and ETA for that is undetermined at this time but hopefully sooner rather than later. That will consist of a couple system and mechanics changes so that will change the game a bit and will corrupt old saves.

Thanks for anyone who tried the game.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone. I know its been a while since the last update but Beta Demo 1.0 is now available, just check the OP and try the new download...

There have been many fixes and tweaks since the last version and the weird bug where there weren't any enemy encounters is no longer an issue. Balance will be closer to ideal but still a little on the harder side but that is mostly by design but I did make it a tad easier than before. Steal is now operational, Stat Distribution and Skill Learning is now operational. Cosmetics have been improved in several places as well as a few more grammatical issues fixed. Thanks to anyone who has given this a try and have either given feedback here or in PM. All of that means a lot to me. This version will be more enjoyable than the last.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My computer broke yesterday, so no RPG maker for at least a week until I can get it repaired. :(
Just wanted to share how my game won 1st place in a game jam for itch.io. Everyone else used Unreal, Unity, GMS2, Godot, etc but I used RPG Maker 2003 :guffaw: It just shows that you can create a good game and it doesn't matter which engine you use
Working on cutscenes~

if your game is the first (or ONLY) in a series and still has a colon in its title, you are a bad person and I hate you...... jk.

who could ever hate BETWEEN: TWO SOULS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheesepot