MBS - FPLE MV

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by  Masked , Feb 23, 2016.

1.  Masked 

Masked  One apple a day keeps the doctor away Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MBS - FPLE

Introduction

This plugin makes your game a 3D labyrinth explorer, it's quite easy to use once everything is set up.

I've been working on this for some time now, I really hope you enjoy it (and I swear I'll try my best to fix all the issues you report >.<).

Screenshots

[​IMG]

How to Use

I really recommend you use the Demo as a base for creating your project, but if you can't do that, save the script to your game's "js/plugins" folder and follow the install instructions on the plugin help. More informations on the plugin help.

Download

Demo (Dropbox): https://www.dropbox.com/s/icexmj3ll7fuoy9/FPLE MV Demo.rar?dl=0

Script (GitHub): https://github.com/MaskedRpg/JS/blob/master/mv/MBS_FPLE.js

Script (Raw): https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MaskedRpg/JS/master/mv/MBS_FPLE.js

Credits and thanks

- Masked, for creating

- babylon.js team (https://github.com/BabylonJS/Babylon.js/graphs/contributors), for their aweasome library.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    piksalh, Frogboy, elpeleq42 and 42 others like this.
  2. Krimer

Krimer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Ukrainian
    Interesting plugin! But i have black screen after start new game in your demo. I still can open menu but nothing else happens.

upd.

But it works in FF browser, blackscreen only in test play and .exe

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2016
  3. Ravenith

Ravenith Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Greek
    I've been waiting for this. Really neat job.

I'm having the black screen issue too, though. It resolves as soon as I enter the main menu and exit, but then all textures are tinted green. I played around with the plugin's setup a bit, nothing seems to help.

EDIT: The computer I'm testing this from is rather on the low end, maybe this could have something to do with the video adapter?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2016
  4. EnMod

EnMod noelquiles.com Veteran

First Language:
    English
    YES.  I have been waiting for the port of this since MV's launch, awesome.  Will do some tests and report.

EDIT: This is an amazing start, easy to configure and get up and running.  Haven't tried battling in it yet but I will do that later.  Excited to see configurable wall texture/lighting assignment through the plugin parameters if possible.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2016
  5. Breadwinner

Breadwinner Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Seems like an interesting idea, but unfortunately all I get is a black screen. I'm assuming this recreates the old wizardry 1st person dungeon perspective.

6. Kaizer01

Kaizer01 Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Hi, I saw this plugin in another forum and it's pretty nice!

Currently it seems it doesn't work with battles. The game crashes as soon the battle transition tries to play (and this happens in the demo too, so it isn't an issue with another plugins*). I hope this gets fixed eventually :)

But it does have other kinds issues with some other plugins. I didn't get any minimap plugin (most from this forum) to work while this was turned on.

Can I suggest something?

Visible events on map (like scaled 2D sprites that always face you) would be nice. As it currently is, to make a treasure chest or a door, you need to make a texture with those things in it then make an invisible event for it. It isn't too practical.

7. Misaki

Misaki Pikalyze Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Looks neat - seems like something that would make me consider using RPG maker again.

RachelTheSeeker likes this.
  8.  Masked 

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    That's really strange, I just can't get to have this black screen problem, I'm pretty sure it's some kind of computer limitation since there are other people who can use it nicely...

Just a test, do you guys see a black screen here too?: http://threejs.org/docs/scenes/material-browser.html#MeshPhongMaterial

If so, try changing the material type on the plugin settings to "lambert" or "basic", it should help. I have the same problem here when I use MeshLambertMaterial, it happens because WebGL can't find some shaders and so it crashes and stops rendering the scene.

There's a problem with basic material, though: it has no light effects >.<

I forgot to apply a fog when using it, I'll update the script soon.

@EnMod Thank you, the battle is bugged right now because I forgot to make some changes on the battle call method, I'll fix that. I'm planning some add-ons for light effects, it may be sufficient

@Kaizer01 I forgot to override one method here, I'll fix it asap. I've not tested it with other plugins, everything should work unless they use Spriteset_Map since I removed it from Scene_Map.

I already have all the event stuff ready here, they appear on screen and everything, but animations and directions don't work.

Also, making doors with 2D sprites would be messy since the door would always be facing you :B

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2016
  9. Krimer

Krimer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Ukrainian
    Works fine for me in browser, no black screen, your demo works in browser too.

phong\lambert  - black screen in play test, but "basic" works fine only without fog.

Ravenith likes this.
  10. Luth

Luth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I could see the 3D image in your link but have a black screen issue anyway :(

11. Drake Aran

Drake Aran Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    I can't even open the .rar file for the demo lol. It gives me an error. And yes I tried to re-download it again.

12. MikePjr

MikePjr Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Same here. It's refusing to open.

I re downloaded it 6 times, it keeps doing the same thing... i click to open it and it opens the folder it's in.. but not the rare it's self.

When i use winrar, it says the file is damaged.

13. Ravenith

Ravenith Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Greek
    Low end system here:
    Phong initially shows a black screen. After entering and exiting the menu, everything shows, but is tinted green.

Lambert shows a black screen. Entering/exiting the menu doesn't affect it.
    Basic works just fine (no effects though).

14.  Masked 

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Update: I decided to move to BabylonJS since it seems to be more widely usable.

Pros:

- Some nice new features like bump mapping are available and I may be implemented soon;

- Babylon provides some optimization options that really improve game performance.

Cons:

- The average performance dropped by about 10FPS >_<

- Using parallaxes as sky isn't possible anymore, I'll have to implement it later.

Also, I fixed the battle problem and reuploaded the Demo as a .ZIP, now nobody should have problems opening it =P

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2016
    Halrawk and Krimer like this.
  15. Breadwinner

Breadwinner Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    The new demo is working for me, the maze looks great, it's a really impressive accomplishment. I have a question what happened to the status menu, only option and exit are available (item, status, and skills are missing)?

16. Kaizer01

Kaizer01 Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    That's because they are disabled in the demo.

The new demo works pretty well, but there are a few things:

- Some wall textures are rotated randomly in some walls (example: the wall bricks are in a vertical orientation instead of horizontal). Is there a certain way to set up the walls or is this some kind of bug? EDIT: Probably a bug, since I saw the texture of a pair of walls rotate when I stepped back while still looking at them.

- This might sound stupid, but to make the mazes run smoother should I put the optimization level on high or none? While it runs "pretty well" as I said, it still takes a little more time to load and process a few things than the previous version. I'm worried if it will run well on less powerful machines.

17.  Masked 

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Breadwinner \o/

I disabled them on the database because I was exploring the MV database options xP

You can active them on Database >  System (Menu Commands).

@Kaizer01 That's good, apparently the BabylonJS migration worth it.

That happens because the texture mapping on cubes is kinda messy by default, so I had to remap them, but it seems like Babylon doesn't like things to be correct, so it messes with it again when I ask it to optimize my scene. I'll look for a solution...

Higher optimization means higher performance, but it will also degrade your game's graphics (the texture rotation problem, for instance, which should happen only on high optimization level). It would be nice if the player could choose the level of optimization he wants so you don't have to worry about less powerful machines, I'll implement it along with some features people recommended me soon.

18. Krimer

Krimer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Ukrainian
    no black screen in new demo for me too. 

Is it possible to have normal maps (i mean in 2d with normal tile and stuff) and 3d labyrinth maps? Because as i can see for now its only 3d labyrinth maps available.

If not, can you add it in future?

Laurent likes this.
  19. MikePjr

MikePjr Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You mean like in Phantasy Star where it was first person in dungeons and caves but overhead in the towns and overworld?

I'd like that to.

RachelTheSeeker, EnMod and Krimer like this.
  20. EnMod

EnMod noelquiles.com Veteran

First Language:
    English
    That would be wonderful.