MBS - FPLE MV

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by  Masked , Feb 23, 2016.

1. piksalh

piksalh Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Lithuanian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Great news! Cant wait to find out what you will update and what new functions will add!

BTW, maybe you will implement a feature which was done in similar plugin for FPLE VX Ace? I'm talking about movable objects (events) that does not behave as stickers on the screen but instead has surfaces as the walls. Events now always face the player and it would be very convenient if we could choose the direction. I use a lot of events that should always face the same direction (doors, cages, moving platforms, objects on walls that should disappear when player touches them etc).

2.  Masked 

Masked  One apple a day keeps the doctor away Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @piksalh I will add this to my TODO list, thanks for pointing it out \o

After reading what people replied to this topic, these are the features I am assuming are the most important:
    - Ceiling that is not the same as the floor
    - Skybox
    - Room height
    - Events with different graphics sizes
    - 360 camera/movement (maybe...)
    - Now adding: Fixed direction events

Am I missing anything?

----

Edit: I have skybox and ceiling working here already \o/
    I'm having some trouble making the object events behave like walls, babylon.js isn't wanting to show stuff on screen.
    I'll be prioritizing different event graphics sizes and room height for now, maybe i'll figure a solution for the events out after >_<

Also, I fixed a little bug on event direction, it was changing a bit too early when the camera rotated. It's smooth as hell now :L
    Made events become black when they go out of the player's light range too, instead of just disappearing.

I saw someone asking about screen tint too, so I made it possible to change the light color with plugin commands. The final result is practically the same and the work I had to implement it was waaaaaay smaller.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    MORINGA and piksalh like this.
  3.  Masked 

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    (Sorry for the double post)

Script updated: https://github.com/MaskedRpg/JS/blob/master/mv/MBS_FPLE.js

This version has an skybox that uses the map's parallax iamge and different ceiling support, i've also updated it to use Babylon.JS's new version, which you can find here: https://cdn.babylonjs.com/babylon.js (just right click it and Save As)

It is very important to update babylon.js to use this new version, as it seems to make everything inverted and upside down if you don't. (???)

I have implemented different event graphics sizes too, but it has not been extensively tested and I can't promise it works 100% xP

------

About the ceiling being different from the floor:

From this version on, the ceiling uses a different texture from the floor.
    You'll HAVE TO create a file with the same name as the floor/wall's and put "_ceil" in front of it. It will look like this:

[​IMG]

If your ceiling looks like a chess board, make sure you've typed everything correctly. I'm quite sure file names are not case sensitive, but if you want to be sure, make all texture names lowercase.

4. peq42_

peq42_ Yeet Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese(BR)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It looks like that parallax is not working(only when i remove the ground, because either using ground with and without ceil textures, it's not showing)

Also, big events aren't working too(i tested it using your demo + the new js files). I tried using this: http://i.imgur.com/ieYkXAY.png to make a door, but it didn't show the right one i picked for the event and also wasn't showing the right animation.

Also: Where are those images from? You made it? If so, can i use in a commercial project?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  5. erikmidnatt

erikmidnatt Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    thank you so much for the update! I'll have to give it a try soon. Seems like at first blush your list of todo items was good.

reading some peoples comments they are talking about scripting to make the events show different images when people change direction. But it already does that automatically right? I know i had that working with no eventing. character sprites already have a north, south, east, west direction so just use that right? What am I missing?

might be a while before I get to tinker with this again though, i'll have to recall the customization that were made over time. Maybe they have made their way into the official plugin now. I recall lighting changes and using different image sizes for events being things that I liked (and room height).

Seems like others have been tinkering too, exciting stuff. Will check back when I have some time to play again.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  6.  Masked 

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @elpeleq42 I'll check parallax, it was working just fine here...?

About the events, I know what I messed up there, gonna fix it ;P

No, I didn't make those. Actually I just grabbed some tileable textures from the internet and resized them to fit the size I needed XD

@erikmidnatt Well yes, events change direction when the player turns around, but I think what people were asking for was that they could create events that behave like they were walls. Currently all events are Sprites, so even though their graphics change when the player changes direc the angle their 3D object is relative to the camera is always the same, and that sucks for making doors, for example.

I'll do my best to improve this plugin so that you'll have a good experience when you make some time to play with it!
    Thanks for your comment \o

7.  Masked 

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Update

https://github.com/MaskedRpg/JS/blob/master/mv/MBS_FPLE.js

- Wall events implemented! Just put <wall> on the event's notes (that text box right next to its name) and it'll show up as a wall, not as a sprite. Perfect for doors and stuff.

- Textures with alpha channel are now supported (I thought they were supported before, but nvm, they weren't) /o/

-----

@elpeleq42 As i thought, is working just fine here .-.
    Are you sure you've set everything up correctly?

About your door character, the problem probably was that FPLE used a different direction than the one you set the event to look at because of relative camera directioning (this is needed so that sprite events always look at the same direction relative to "the world"). Try changing your event into a wall event, that should do it.

8. peq42_

peq42_ Yeet Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese(BR)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
     Masked  likes this.
  9. erikmidnatt

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wow, such great updates :) Alpha textures...so many ideas.

10.  Masked 

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @elpeleq42 looking at it, it seems like you're calling the door character file "!$Doors" or something like that, take that "!$" away, this kind of prefix only works for files that have a single character in them.

I couldn't open the file you sent, WinRAR says it's corrupted, but i'm assuming that you're not seeing the parallax because you forgot to take the ceiling off x)
    I made a new Demo, try using that instead: https://www.dropbox.com/s/icexmj3ll7fuoy9/FPLE MV Demo.rar?dl=0

erikmidnatt, piksalh and peq42_ like this.
  11. peq42_

peq42_ Yeet Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese(BR)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's so beautiful!
    Thank you masked, now everything is working perfectly!
    (And that parallax.... looks so amazing in a map!)

EDIT: Is there a way to improve character's image quality?

12. Doktor_Q

Doktor_Q I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Use larger-size sprites. It's going to zoom them in until they almost fill the screen, so you need something that looks better at that zoom level- just keep in mind it's going to result in larger sprites sizes, and they still have to get squished smaller when they get further away.

MORINGA and  Masked  like this.
  13. MikePjr

MikePjr Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Wow, so much changed while i was not paying attention.
    Well, i found some kinda bug..
    I downloaded that demo just above, and when i'm changing directions, some times i turn twice with one tap.
    Is it possible to slow down the turning speed when changing directions? Cause that may be the issue.
    I hit right and end up turning all the way to face behind me, as an example.

MORINGA likes this.
  14. erikmidnatt

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Does the updated plugin support having a sunlight? That was something I think the Doktor added to an unofficial update that I did like.

The last time I was tinkering with it I used it for making some outside environments.

15. MikePjr

MikePjr Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'd love that myself.
    I'm planning all sorts of locations with this.
    Now if only it was possible to make simple structures and geometry.
    Ya know, for roofs and such.
    Loving a lot of the enhancements so far.

16. peq42_

peq42_ Yeet Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese(BR)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  17. piksalh

piksalh Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Lithuanian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    OMG! At last I have my first map with all the events of doors looking as it should! Thank you, Masked!

How can I use <wall> events to show objects on real walls? I mean, how to set that when a <wall> event is at the same tile as wall, it will be visible? Let's say a painting on the wall. Well, better example would be a button on the wall.

18. Doktor_Q

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    A fairly simple solution is to make the "wall" itself part of the event graphic.

Masked  likes this.
  19. piksalh

piksalh Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Lithuanian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Brilliant, thank you! But it's not a solution if you want to allow the player to move the event.

20. Doktor_Q

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @piksalh What are you thinking of for 'moving'? If you just need it to disappear, you just switch between a frame of "wall with event on it", and another frame of "plain wall," much like you end up doing sometimes with regular RPGMaker maps. You can do changing frames, such as pushing in a button, the same way.

piksalh and  Masked  like this.