MBS - FPLE MV

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by  Masked , Feb 23, 2016.

1. CherryBlossomNix

CherryBlossomNix Warper Member

First Language:
    englis
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh. I was able to make something work by frankensteining the code and mixing in some of Doktor Q's old script with the current one. So I can increase the height, have a skybox, and ceiling. Downside is that doing that, I messed up and opening menu crashes the game. Oh well lol

Attached Files:

2. Doktor_Q

Doktor_Q I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @CherryBlossomNix the code that creates the 'wall' cube already has to create two of them, so it shouldn't be too hard to 1) increase the 'ceiling' height constant, to move the ceiling up, and 2) add more walls, possibly via loop. The biggest difficulty is making that something controllable instead of just hard-coded.

3. CherryBlossomNix

CherryBlossomNix Warper Member

First Language:
    englis
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah. I tried going into the script and change the value, it raises them. After just messing around, I figured out I wouldn't be able to make what I had wanted: grid-based FPS. There's a lot that would have to go into that to make it even possible. Honestly, it's my fault ^__^

4. stoovan

stoovan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    vx ace?

5. Doktor_Q

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    As this is the board for JavaScript plugins for MV, this plugin does not work for VX Ace. I believe there's a similar plugin that works for Ace by a different developer, but you'd want to check the RGSS3 plugin board to find it.

6. Thothdan

Thothdan Veteran Veteran

Pardon me for replying so late. About the poles, I divided tall object 288px in height, into two parts. (W144 x H288)
    The lower part of the image is in 'character' format. Tagged it with <wall>
    The upper part of the image is in 'ceiling(textures) format. Need the region tagging, for the upper part to appeared as ceiling.

piksalh likes this.
  7. piksalh

piksalh Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Lithuanian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    FPLE ACE script, it actually has few more really nice functions, but it's outdated and no chance to use high resolution images for events or walls. Also a mistake was left, i think it's related to Ray casting formula - the corners of the walls sometimes do not end to the one same point, it looks strange.
    http://www.rgss-factory.net/2013/09/10/ace-fple-ace-first-person-labyrinth-explorer

8. MikePjr

MikePjr Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I love the Ace one.. as limited as it was visually.. i could do a LOT with it.
    I keep hoping either this one in this thread lives up to it.. or someone makes one at some point.
    I feel like the biggest issue with RPG Maker MV is that rather than plugin makers making a plugin to do something in MV, they rely on external JS plugins made by others to try and do effects.. and the limitations of said plugins are an issue.. to me anyhow.
    I really wish back when the forum asked how folks felt about such a tool being made.. that they actually had gone through with it.. but instead they focused on improving MV.. which i totally understand.. but i do wish someone behind the scenes was working on that tool they mentioned, on the side.

9. lordosthyvel

lordosthyvel Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What issues are you having with this plugin?
    I have been using it for a couple of days now and it is working fine for me.

Just wondering if there are any nasty surprises down the road :)

10. MikePjr

MikePjr Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Nothing nasty really.. just a lack of features that the one for ace has.
    The Ace one let you set up events in all sorts of ways, like aligning with the walls perfectly, even fitting WITH the walls so you could make things like gates you could see through to the other side.
    It was slightly more adjustable as well.
    For instance, i could move the screen for the first person view over into a corner and shrink it down and make one of those fancy huds like a lot of old DOS RPGs had.
    This plugin on this forum for MV last i checked, lacks some features like those... even events don't seem to fade into the darkness the farther they are away which is kinda odd.

My hopes are still high though for this plugin for MV.. maybe eventually it can get more features..
    Or maybe the one that the forum talked about making as a tool will come to fruition.

11.  Masked 

Masked  One apple a day keeps the doctor away Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Oof, so many messages to read x)

Just passing by to say I intend to fix/update this plugin in the future, but I'm kind of on a shortage of time rn (but you could have guessed that).
    For now, I'll be reading everything you guys said here and try to get it all into some sort of TODO list, so it's easier to implement when I have the time.

I'd recomend trying to use the current version of the plugin and keep going with your projects if possible. Future updates will most likely be only incremental and thus backwards-compatible, so there's no need to worry about them breaking stuff you did before.

Unfortunately, I can't give you an estimate of when this is going to happen, and since the plugin might need some heavy refactoring, it might take some time :(

Note: To the people who said they're willing to put money on this, I wouldn't feel comfortable charging (is that even the right word?) you for this plugin knowing it has so many problems. I see RPG Maker plugin development as a hobby, and getting money for doing it is not something I want atm, for a lot of reasons. Thanks for the support, anyway, it means a lot :)

piksalh likes this.
  12. UNphiltered_khaos

UNphiltered_khaos Game Dev. Artist. Veteran

First Language:
    Americanese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I can't speak with any authority, but I believe these users are trying to say that if you don't have much time to work on this because Time=Money, and you're all out of money, then they would be glad to supplement your income and give you the time you need to work on this project.

13.  Masked 

Masked  One apple a day keeps the doctor away Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Nah, unfortunately, It's not a matter of Time = Money :/

So, I tried compiling everything the plugin should have, some items have a question mark because i don't know if they're that relevant or if they would be feasible to implement. Here it goes:
    • Room height
    • Events as walls
    • Skybox
    • Compatibility with the rest of the game and other plugins that operate on the map scene, which are rendered in PIXI.js
    • Enable use of 3d meshes (?)
    • Normal mapping for textures (?)
    • Third person support (TPLE? lol) (?)
    • 360° movement (?)
    They're not in order of relevance or anything. Also, consider that the features the plugin already has won't be removed (btw, I might have put some already existing features into this list by mistake). Did i forget anything?

Also, I'm thinking about changing back to THREE.js, since it has a lot more content available out there and thus will probably be easier to use effectively.

\o

piksalh likes this.
  14. Doktor_Q

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Masked You already did implement skyboxes. Also, you should look at the functions where you handle caching materials, as you don't actually store them, which is the current leading performance problem. I made a change to find that in my version and posted that, but I don't know how often you look over any of those changes.

Lonewulf123 and  Masked  like this.
  15. piksalh

piksalh Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Lithuanian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Does anyone managed to create some kind of real time or turn based battle system on the map?

16. Lonewulf123

Lonewulf123 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Enlish
    Where can we find your latest version?

17. Doktor_Q

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    At this point you are severely better off not using RPGMaker, because 3D real time combat is far beyond it's intended or useful area.

18. piksalh

piksalh Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Lithuanian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What about roguelike moving and battle system?

19. lordosthyvel

lordosthyvel Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You don't describe what you want very well, but wouldn't something like this be totally independent of the presentation?
    I mean, if you want a system where player/enemy attacks each other when they bump into each other, you would just do this with an "event touch" trigger, no matter if the game is presented in 3d or not.

Likewise, if you have something marginally more advanced, the script would not care about the presentation either, since it is fundamentally still a 2d grid based game at the core.

20. Lonewulf123

Lonewulf123 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Enlish
    I think what he’s describing is he wants the player and enemy units to move at the same rate.

For every step the player takes, the enemy takes one step as well. Sort of like mystery dungeon or Etrian Odyssey.