MBS - FPLE MV

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by  Masked , Feb 23, 2016.

1. lordosthyvel

lordosthyvel Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well yeah, that could also be done independently of this plugin.
    Event and player movement is still 2d grid based and works as you would expect with normal rpg maker mv functions.

2. Doktor_Q

Doktor_Q I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    piksalh and Lonewulf123 like this.
  3. piksalh

piksalh Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Lithuanian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Heh you're right, i'm too abstract. I would like to create a system where player and events move in turns, no matter if events are NPCs, enemies, moving walls, etc. 1 turn = 1 tile movement or skill/attack (melee if event/player are next to each other, ranged if player/event are in the same line). Idk how to set turn based movement part. I'm also not sure how to set event behaviour (where to move or to attack, depending on the player's place), but I think it could be done with conditional branches (if next to each other - perform melee attack, if in the same line, perform ranged attack, else approach player, right?)? I'm also not sure how to create projectile event. How to show a flying arrow, bullet, etc., when event/player performs a ranged attack? I could fake it with animations and sound, but the "Show animation" command not working.

I guess the best example of what I'm trying to create is a similar battle system as from Might & Magic I-V games.

Since there are too many questions, i wouldn't mind to use already created roguelike/turn based system. Last time I tried some battle system plugins, I had no luck to make it work on <fple> map (maybe it's related with inability to show animation, just a guess).

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    Lonewulf123 likes this.
  4. Lonewulf123

Lonewulf123 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Enlish
    Hey, I know that, but he didn't seem to be describing it well? Lol :rswt

5. lordosthyvel

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey!

I think I speak for most people commenting in this thread when I say: thank you a thousand times for all the time you spent on this!
    It is an awesome plugin and with some more work it could be something really special :)

I think that you already added skyboxes and events as walls. Pretty sure that most people would not use actual 3d meshes or third person view.

One thing I think is missing from your list is events being affected by "light". As it is now it looks a bit jarring with events in full brightness in the distance.
    Having used your plugin a bit and tweaked a few things, I think the event lighting, variable height on walls and compatibility with PIXI would be the things that would put this plugin the closest to a "finished" state.
    Other nice to haves would be manual sizing of events, so you easier could have grass or rock sprites for example.

No matter if you decide to keep working on this or not, thanks a lot for all the hard work you put in this far :)

Masked  and Lonewulf123 like this.
  6. Lonewulf123

First Language:
    Enlish
    What plugins do you guys use for mini maps in conjunction with this one?

Also is anyone else having an issue where character sprites have like a weird blurry grey outline on them?

This is the only plugin I have in the manager so far.

7. lordosthyvel

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    1. UPP minimap
    2. Nope

8. piksalh

piksalh Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Lithuanian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It works, thank you! Have you managed how to use the script so that the event will attack player each turn if player moves away from event or left/right? Event touch condition works only for the first touch. Sorry if it's getting off-topic. I hope it's important for others too.

Lonewulf123 likes this.
  9. Doktor_Q

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @piksalh If you use something like Yanfly's Move Route Core, you can make the event's "move route" flip a self-switch, which changes them over to an auto-run page, whereupon you can have them not only move (via the Move Route command) but also use if blocks to make decisions and modify game variables, modify player health, flash the screen, etc. Then, you always disable the self-switch as the last line, so it doesn't loop. And if you don't use the "wait for completion" option on movement routes, they'll all happen more or less in parallel.

You'll still want to figure out a tiny bit of javascript for things like, "how close is the event to the player" or "are the event and player lined up" or such.

Lonewulf123 and piksalh like this.
  10. piksalh

piksalh Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Lithuanian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Doktor_Q, can you show a self switched event page screen? How can I set these decisions?

11. Lonewulf123

First Language:
    Enlish
    It's weird. I don't see what could be causing it, but the sprites have weird outlines on the them:
    upload_2018-9-4_17-55-53.png

Oddly, not on the fire though...

12. Doktor_Q

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Looks like an issue with the transparency in the image itself. Could be an issue if you did any sort of scaling, or saved the sprites with a less-careful image editor at any point, or maybe that particular file just has an issue.

Lonewulf123 likes this.
  13. Lonewulf123

First Language:
    Enlish
    @Doktor_Q
    That’s strange because that sprite is from the default RTP. I haven’t touched it at all. I noticed it happened in Masked’s latest demo as well. Maybe it’s something in my end?

Also it doesn’t appear in an non FPLE map. The graphic display correctly in a normal map.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  14. microck

microck Veteran Veteran

Can we use this plugin but instead of first person view, we see our character like this
    [​IMG]

So that we can have 3D environments with a 2D character, would be awesome. :o

15. Doktor_Q

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's not really within the scope of this plugin, especially on the fact that you'd need a full 3D map editor to make anything resembling the screenshot.

Since you have a fixed camera and a predominantly 2D motion in something Paper Mario style, you'd be better off trying to tweak the standard 2D view and make the jumping interface in that- people have done platformers in MV already.

16. UNphiltered_khaos

UNphiltered_khaos Game Dev. Artist. Veteran

First Language:
    Americanese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I don't know how well this could be done in RPG Maker, but I was doing something similar in Blender, if you're interested in learning 3d Modeling. It even has a sweet new plugin called "Sprytile" that will allow you to build 3d structures from 2d tilesets. It's amazing.

17. Lonewulf123

First Language:
    Enlish
    So I've been looking into my blurring issue with no luck yet...
    Here's how the sprites appear on a normal map:
    upload_2018-9-6_17-47-33.png
    On a FPLE MAP:
    [​IMG]

It's the only plugin in the manager currently, so I have no clue... maybe it's a texture thing? But it's not occurring on the fire sprite...

18. UNphiltered_khaos

UNphiltered_khaos Game Dev. Artist. Veteran

First Language:
    Americanese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    weird. I wonder if it's the zoom, or the algorithm that controls it? To this layman it seems like a zoom/resizing issue.

19. Lonewulf123

First Language:
    Enlish
    It’s weird because it doesn’t seem like anyone else is encountering it either haha.

20.  Masked 

Masked  One apple a day keeps the doctor away Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks for your comments everyone, I'll be taking them into account when implementing stuff.

@Lonewulf123 That's probably due to the MAG_FILTER setting on the events' rendering.

I think you can solve this by changing the Texture Filter setting on the plugin from "linear" to "nearest", this way you'll get a pixelated texture instead of a blurry one. I might have not used that setting on event rendering, though, in which case you'll have to find and change the piece of code that controls that.